Page 74 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: 🏏 ★ 🏏 ★ 🏏 Cricket World🏏 ★ 🏏 ★ 🏏

ഇന്ത്യയ്*ക്കല്ലെങ്കിലും രാജ്യാന്തര ക്രിക്കറ്റിൽ ഒരു മലയാളി സെഞ്ചുറി; മാൻ ഓഫ് ദ് മാച്ചും!

സെഞ്ചുറി പൂർത്തിയാക്കിയ റി*സ്*വാന്റെ ആഹ്ലാദം (ഐസിസി ട്വീറ്റ് ചെയ്ത ചിത്രം)അബുദാബി∙ ഇന്ത്യൻ ജഴ്സിയിലല്ലെങ്കിലും രാജ്യാന്തര ക്രിക്കറ്റിൽ തകർപ്പൻ സെഞ്ചുറിയുമായി ഇതാ ഒരു മലയാളി! തലശേരിക്കാരനായ ചുണ്ടങ്ങാപ്പൊയിൽ റിസ്*വാൻ എന്ന മലയാളി താരത്തിന്റെ ഉജ്വല സെഞ്ചുറിയുടെ കരുത്തിൽ അയർലൻഡിനെതിരായ ഏകദിന പരമ്പരയിലെ ആദ്യ മത്സരത്തിൽ യുഎഇയ്ക്ക് വിജയം. അബുദാബി ഷെയ്ഖ് സായിദ് സ്റ്റേഡിയത്തിൽ നടന്ന ആവേശപ്പോരാട്ടത്തിൽ ആറു വിക്കറ്റിനാണ് യുഎഇയുടെ വിജയം. ടോസ് നേടി ബാറ്റിങ് തിരഞ്ഞെടുത്ത അയർലൻഡ് നിശ്ചിത 50 ഓവറിൽ അഞ്ച് വിക്കറ്റ് നഷ്ടത്തിൽ 269 റൺസെടുത്തു. ഓപ്പണർ പോൾ സ്റ്റെർലിങ്ങിന്റെ (131*) സെഞ്ചുറിയാണ് ഐറിഷ് പടയ്ക്ക് കരുത്തായത്. മറുപടി ബാറ്റിങ്ങിന് ഇറങ്ങിയ യുഎഇ, റിസ്*വാന്റെ സെഞ്ചുറിക്കരുത്തിൽ ഒരു ഓവർ ബാക്കിനിൽക്കെ നാലു വിക്കറ്റ് മാത്രം നഷ്ടത്തിൽ ലക്ഷ്യത്തിലെത്തി. ഇതോടെ, നാലു മത്സരങ്ങളടങ്ങിയ പരമ്പരയിൽ യുഎഇ 1–0ന് മുന്നിലെത്തി. റിസ്*വാനാണ് കളിയിലെ കേമൻ.

വൺഡൗണായി ഇറങ്ങിയ റിസ്*വാൻ 136 പന്തിൽ ഒൻപതു ഫോറും ഒരു സിക്സും സഹിതം 109 റൺസെടുത്തു. യുഎഇയ്ക്കായി പാക്കിസ്ഥാൻ വംശജനായ മുഹമ്മദ് ഉസ്മാനും സെഞ്ചുറി നേടി. 107 പന്തുകൾ നേരിട്ട ഉസ്മാൻ ഏഴു ഫോറും മൂന്നു സിക്സും സഹിതം 102 റൺസുമായി പുറത്താകാതെ നിന്നു. നാലാം വിക്കറ്റിൽ റിസ്*വാൻ – ഉസ്മാൻ സഖ്യം പടുത്തുയർത്തിയ സെഞ്ചുറി കൂട്ടുകെട്ടാണ് യുഎഇയ്ക്ക് കരുത്തായത്. 32.5 ഓവർ ക്രീസിൽ നിന്ന ഇവരുടെ സഖ്യം, 184 റൺസാണ് സ്കോർബോർഡിൽ ചേർത്തത്.

∙ ചുണ്ടങ്ങാപ്പൊയിൽ റിസ*്*വാൻ
    1988 ഏപ്രിൽ 19ന് തലശേരിയിൽ ജനിച്ച ചുണ്ടങ്ങാപ്പോയിൽ റി*സ്*വാൻ, 2014ലാണ് യുഎഇയിലെത്തിയത്. നിയമപ്രകാരം യുഎഇയിൽ നാലു വർഷം പൂർത്തിയാക്കിയശേഷമാണ് യുഎഇ ദേശീയ ടീമിൽ ഇടം നേടാൻ ശ്രമമാരംഭിച്ചത്. യുഎഇയിലെ ആഭ്യന്തര ക്രിക്കറ്റ് ടൂർണമെന്റുകളിൽ സ്ഥിരം സാന്നിധ്യമായ റിസ്*വാന്, ഈ ടൂർണമെന്റുകളിലെ തകർപ്പൻ പ്രകടനമാണ് താരത്തിന് ദേശീയ ടീമിൽ ഇടം നേടിക്കൊടുത്തത്. 2019 ജനുവരി 26ന് നേപ്പാളിനെതിരെ ആയിരുന്നു രാജ്യാന്തര ഏകദിന അരങ്ങേറ്റം. 31ന് നേപ്പാളിനെതിരെ തന്നെ ട്വന്റി20യിലും അരങ്ങേറി. റി*സ്*വാന് യുഎഇ ക്രിക്കറ്റ് ബോർഡ് ഒരു വർഷത്തെ പാർട്ട്–ടൈം കരാർ നൽകിയത് നൽകിയത് കഴിഞ്ഞ മാസമാണ്.
    ഇതുവരെ 10 ഏകദിനങ്ങളിൽനിന്ന് 32 ശരാശരിയിൽ 288 റൺസ് നേടിയിട്ടുണ്ട്. ഇതിൽ ആദ്യമായി 50 കടന്നും 100 കടന്നും അയർലൻഡിനെതിരായ ഈ മത്സരത്തിലാണ്. അഞ്ച് ട്വന്റി20 മത്സരങ്ങളിൽനിന്ന് 20 ശരാശരിയിൽ 80 റൺസ് നേടി. 44 റൺസാണ് ഉയർന്ന സ്കോർ.

Most remarkable Draw for India at SCG. A draw that is equal to Win. Vihari and Ashwin showed how to save a test match in a savage way.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

3. Likes BangaloreaN liked this post

Australia vs India, 3rd Test: Mohammed Siraj Was Allegedly Called "Brown Dog", "Big Monkey" By Sydney Crowd, Says Report

Mohammed Siraj and his senior teammate Jasprit Bumrah were also subjected to racist slurs on Saturday

Mohammed Siraj was subjected to racial abuse on Sunday by a group of spectators in Sydney.

India pacer Mohammed Siraj was called a "Brown Dog" and "Big Monkey" in a series of racist slurs hurled by a group of Australian spectators, who were ejected from the Sydney Cricket Ground during the third Test on Sunday, a BCCI official has alleged. Siraj and his senior teammate Jasprit Bumrah were also subjected to racist slurs on Saturday, something that the Indian team management officially reported to ICC Match Referee David Boon. "Siraj was referred to as 'Brown Dog' and 'Big Monkey' both of which are racist slurs. The matter was immediately brought to the notice of on-field umpires. They were constantly abusing Bumrah too," a BCCI source told PTI on conditions of anonymity.

Quote Originally Posted by K S Hrithwik View Post
    Most remarkable Draw for India at SCG. A draw that is equal to Win. Vihari and Ashwin showed how to save a test match in a savage way.

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Good hard fought Test match.Good to see test match ending in a exciting draw.Injuries made sure india couldn't go for the win and draw is the only option left.Batting 130 odd overs in the fourth innings is a rare sight now a days.

‘First Ladakhi Player in J&K Cricket Team – Here’s How I Made It’

I am a tourist guide by profession and have played cricket on the side because it is my passion. I never thought I would represent Jammu and Kashmir one day. I am Skalzang Dorjey Kalyan, the first cricketer from Ladakh to be selected to play for J&K for BCCI’s Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy.
    While I was born in Tugla, I studied in Bengaluru for a few years, after which we got a new hostel in Mysore called the Carla Student Home in 2001. We used to play cricket every day inside the hostel compound. We even had a cricket tournament in which I scored decent runs.
    I was representing my hostel in one such tournament when I was noticed by the coach of Mysore University’s cricket team. He saw talent in me and that became a major motivator for me to pursue this journey thereon.
    Unfortunately, opportunities weren’t too many. I wasn’t able to catch a big break.
    Therefore, after finishing my studies, I stopped playing cricket for a while. I was working at Decathlon in Bengaluru till 2012. Then, I left the job and went to Ladakh.
    I trained myself in mountaineering and became a tourist guide. I spent most of my time at the Stok Kangri base camp. However, cricket followed me wherever I went. I remember playing cricket with travellers who came for treks. I realised my calling.
    It was at a tournament in Jammu soon after when things took a turn for the better. As a left-arm spinner, I could play for the KC Junior team. I played and in the first match itself, I got five wickets. After being adjudged the most valuable player in the Ladakh Premier League 2020, I was chosen by the J&K Cricket Association for the T20 tournament on 29 December 2020.
    I cannot express my happiness at how far I have come. I am getting lots of support from the people of Ladakh and I will make sure to work hard, achieve, and make them proud.

Meet Santha Moorthy, the 41-year-old Puducherry pacer who wrecked Mumbai

Santha Moorthy, the 41-year old bowler of Puducherry, who took a five-for against Mumbai. - Special Arrangement
    A couple of decades ago when Santha Moorthy started playing local club cricket in Chennai, the focus was mostly on the one-dayers and the longer format.
    Back in those days, T20 cricket was an unheard term and being a fast bowler, Moorthy would work hard to perfect his line and length. Over the years, he played for Madras Cricket Club and a few local outfits - including Swaraj CC - before featuring for Puducherry.
    And that’s where he got the opportunity to feature in first-class cricket.
    On his debut last year, Moorthy scalped a five-for in the second innings against Nagaland and guided his team to an innings and 195-run win. And soon after the Ranji Trophy got over, the country went into a lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic. There was uncertainty over the domestic season and like most cricketers, even Moorthy did not know what was waiting for him.
    But on Sunday, it was a dream come true for the Puducherry pacer as he claimed a five-for to stun Mumbai in a Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy fixture. At the Wankhede Stadium, he conceded just 20 runs and picked five wickets to restrict the star-studded opponent to 94.
    While it was an easy win for the young team, it was a momentous feat for Moorthy - who at 41 years and 129 days - set a record for being the oldest bowler ever to take a five-wicket haul in a T20 game.
    “It was a dream come true for me to take five wickets against Mumbai, and that too, at the Wankhede Stadium. Not many cricketer gets a chance to play at this iconic venue and this has to be one of the major highlights of my career,” Moorthy told Sportstar.
    In the past, he was part of the Karaikudi Kaalai squad in the Tamil Nadu Premier League and those experiences have actually helped him get used to the format.
    While he has been around in the local cricket circuit for two decades now, Moorthy works as a multi-tasking staff (MTS) at the Government Law College in Puducherry and also runs a small sports shop. But he has, so far, managed to strike a balance between his job and cricket.
    “I have been playing cricket since the age of 17-18 and I still have that energy and enthusiasm. So, age is not really a factor for me in any format of the game,” he said.
    Last year, when he made his debut in the Ranji Trophy, his aim was to bowl in right line and length. He picked seven wickets in the match. “I tried doing the same thing today at the Wankhede. The main aim was to keep it in the right areas, and yes, pitch did help a little. So, I kept things simple and that worked,” he said.

Epic win for India at Gabba on the series decider and India retain the Border Gavaskar Trophy that too on Gabba on which Aus was unbeaten for 31 years with a bowling line up of Ranji players and without their cap Kohli . Pant Pujara Gill Sundar Siraj Thakur 💙💙💙

Default 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆