Page 81 of 88 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast

Thread: 🏏 ★ 🏏 ★ 🏏 Cricket World🏏 ★ 🏏 ★ 🏏

India Tour Of Zimbabwe 2022

A classy maiden ODI century and a stunning catch in the penultimate over of a tense chase from Shubman Gill gave India a thrilling 13-run win to complete a 3-0 whitewash after Sikandar Raza's fighting hundred had brought the hosts back from the dead.

Thalassery native to captain UAE team fighting for a place in Asia Cup 2022

CP Rizwan

It will be a day to remember for Chundangapoyil Rizwan, a Thalassery native, when the UAE national side captained by him takes part in the Asian Cup 2022 qualifiers on Sunday. CP Rizwan, who left Kerala for UAE on 2014, fought all odds to fulfil his dream of playing international cricket. Today, the Keralite will captain the UAE national team fighting for a berth in Asia Cup 2022.

Before he impressed everyone with his performances in UAE, the 34-year-old tried his luck in Kerala to get a place on the Ranji Trophy team. However, he never became part of the first team despite being part of the reserve team for two years. However, he found success once he left the state and found a place in the domestic cricket league in UAE.

His success in the UAE league assured a place for him on the national side. In 2019, he made his debut for UAE. Shortly after, he grabbed the headlines by scoring an ODI century in a match against Ireland. His consistent performance secured him the captain's armband.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

ചരിത്രത്തിലാദ്യമായി യുഎഇ ക്രിക്കറ്റ് ടീമിന് മലയാളി നായകന്*

ദുബൈ: യുഎഇ ക്രിക്കറ്റ് ടീമിനെ ഇനി കണ്ണൂര്* സ്വദേശി നയിക്കും. ചരിത്രത്തിലാദ്യമായാണ് യുഎഇ ദേശീയ ടീമിന് ഒരു മലയാളി ക്യാപ്റ്റനെത്തുന്നത്. തലശേരി സൈദാര്* പള്ളി ചുണ്ടങ്ങപ്പൊയില്* പുതിയപുരയില്* റിസ്*വാന്* റൗഫാണ് ടീമിന്റെ പുതിയ നായകന്*. ശനിയാഴ്ച ഒമാനില്* നടക്കുന്ന ഏഷ്യ കപ്പ് യോഗ്യത മത്സരത്തില്* യുഎഇ ടീം റിസ്*വാന്റെ നേതൃത്വത്തില്* ഗ്രൗണ്ടിലിറങ്ങും.

യോഗ്യത നേടിയാല്* ഓഗസ്റ്റ് 27ന് ആരംഭിക്കുന്ന ഏഷ്യ കപ്പില്* ഇന്ത്യയും പാകിസ്താനുമാണ് യുഎഇയുടെ എതിരാളി. മലയാളി താരങ്ങളായ കോഴിക്കോട് കല്ലായി സ്വദേശി ബാസില്* ഹമീദും കണ്ണൂര്* പഴയങ്ങാടി സ്വദേശി അലിഷാന്* ഷറഫുവും യുഎഇ ടീമില്* ഇടം പിടിച്ചിട്ടുണ്ട്. അന്താരാഷ്ട്ര ക്രിക്കറ്റില്* സെഞ്ച്വറിയുള്ള ഏക മലയാളി താരമായ റിസ്*വാന്*. ബൗളിംഗിലും റിസ്*വാന്* തിളങ്ങിയിട്ടുണ്ട്.

തലശേരി സ്വദേശി അബ്ദുറൗഫിന്റെയും നസ്രീന്* റൗഫിന്റെയും മകനാണ്. കുടുംബ സമേതം ഇവര്* യുഎഇയിലാണ് താമസം. ഫാത്തിമ അനസാണ് ഭാര്യ. നൂറ റൗഫ്, വഫ റൗഫ് എന്നിവര്* സഹോദരിമാരാണ്.

EMIRATES International League T20

St Kitts & Nevis Patriots win the inagural T10 tournament 6IXTY

Upcoming ICC Tournaments :

2023 : ODI World Cup
    2024 : T20 World Cup
    2025 : Champions Trophy
    2026 : T20 World Cup
    2027 : ODI World Cup
    2028 : T20 World Cup
    2029 : Champions Trophy
    2030 : T20 World Cup
    2031 : ODI World Cup

Sent from my M2010J19CI using Tapatalk

Narayan Jagadeesan's 277 shatters world records in List A cricket

All the major records broken by the Tamil Nadu batter during his innings of 277 off 141 balls against Arunachal Pradesh at the Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru

277 Narayan Jagadeesan's score against Arunachal Pradesh at the Chinnaswamy Stadium, the highest individual score in men's List A cricket. The previous highest was 268 by Alistair Brown against Glamorgan in 2002. Jagadeesan's 277 is also the highest score in all List A cricket, surpassing 271 not out by Sripali Weerakkody against Pushpadana Ladies in the 2007 Sri Lanka Women's One-Day tournament.

1 Jagadeesan became the first player to score hundreds in five consecutive innings in men's List A cricket. Previously, three batters had four centuries in a row - Kumar Sangakkara in 2014-15, Alviro Petersen in 2015-16 and Devdutt Padikkal in 2020-21.

506 for 2 Tamil Nadu's score in this match against Arunachal, the first team to score 500-plus runs in men's List A cricket. The previous highest was 498 for 4 by England against Netherlands earlier this year.

114 Balls taken by Jagadeesan for his double century against Arunachal, the joint-fastest in men's List A cricket. Travis Head also took 114 balls for his double ton against Queensland in the Marsh One-Day Cup last year.

196.45 Jagadeesan's strike rate during his 141-ball 277 - the highest for any double hundred in men's List A cricket. The previous highest was 181.1 by Travis Head, when he scored 230 off 127 balls against Queensland in 2021. None of the remaining 36 double-centuries in this format had a strike-rate of more than 175.

416 Partnership runs between Jagadeesan and B Sai Sudharsan for the first wicket against Arunachal - the first pair to share a 400-run stand for any wicket in men's List A cricket. The previous highest partnership was 372 between Chris Gayle and Marlon Samuels for the second wicket against Zimbabwe in 2015.

5 Hundreds for Jagadeesan in the ongoing Vijay Hazare Trophy, the most by any batter in an edition of this competition. Virat Kohli (2008-09), Devdutt Padikkal (2020-21), Prithvi Shaw (2020-21) and Ruturaj Gaikwad (2021-22) - all had four hundreds apiece in an edition of Vijay Hazare Trophy.

15 Sixes by Jagadeesan in his innings of 277, the most by any batter in a Vijay Hazare Trophy innings. The previous highest was 12 sixes by Yashasvi Jaiswal during his 203 against Jharkhand in the 2019-20 season.

799 Runs scored by Jagadeesan in this tournament, the second most by a batter in an edition of Vijay Hazare Trophy. The record for most runs in an edition is 827 by Prithvi Shaw during the 2020-21 season.

Nicholas Pooran steps down as West Indies white-ball captain

"I believe it is in the best interests of the team, as I need to focus on what I can deliver as a player"

West Indies won just one out of three matches in the first round of the T20 World Cup

Nicholas Pooran has stepped down as white-ball captain of West Indies following the team's first-round exit from the 2022 T20 World Cup, Cricket West Indies has confirmed.

Pooran had taken over the captaincy from Kieron Pollard in May earlier this year. Under his captaincy since he took over full-time, West Indies won just four out of 15 ODIs and four out of 15 T20Is. In the T20 World Cup, West Indies, who came into the tournament as two-time champions, were stunned by Scotland in the opener and then went on to lose against Ireland, finishing the tournament with just one win - against Zimbabwe - and crashing out in the first round.
    "I have given the captaincy a great deal of thought since the enormous disappointment of the T20 World Cup," Pooran said. "I took on the role with great pride and dedication and have given it absolutely everything over the past year. The T20 World Cup is something that must not define us and I will readily get involved in the upcoming reviews. And whilst it will be several months until we reconvene as a squad, I want to give CWI plenty of time to prepare for the matches against South Africa in March and beyond.

"This is not me giving up. I remain ambitious and still view the captaincy of West Indies cricket as an honour that is bestowed upon you. There is no doubt I remain fully committed to West Indies cricket and I look forward to providing my services as a senior player in a supportive role."
    Pooran's own form has been a concern in recent times. He has scored just 94 runs in his last 10 innings in T20Is and finished the T20 World Cup with scores of 5, 7 and 13.

"By stepping down now as the West Indies white ball captain I believe it is in the best interests of the team and for me personally, as I need to concentrate on what I can deliver to the side as a player," he said. "I desperately want us to be successful and the most value I can give to the team is through fully focusing on the role of consistently scoring runs at crucial times."
    Jimmy Adams, CWI director of cricket, said: "On behalf of CWI I want to thank Nicholas for his time leading our white ball teams. Having spoken with him I know he remains fully committed to West Indies cricket and I am convinced he has a big role to play in our future."

In Pollard's absence last year, Pooran, who was vice-captain that year, had led West Indies to a 4-1 T20I series win against Australia. He was elevated to captain after Pollard announced his retirement from international cricket in April.
    Pooran was also recently released by Sunrisers Hyderabad, who had bought him for INR 10.75 crore this year, ahead of the 2023 IPL auction set to take place on December 23.
    CWI, however, is yet to announce Pooran's replacement in both formats. Rovman Powell is currently the vice-captain of the T20I side while Shai Hope holds the position in ODIs.
    West Indies' next white-ball series is in March 2023 against South Africa, where they will play three ODIs and three T20Is following the two-Test series.

Default Test month

Ruturaj Gaikwad slams record seven sixes in an over

India batter Ruturaj Gaikwad has shattered List A cricket record by slamming seven consecutive sixes in a Vijay Hazare Trophy quarter-final clash on Monday, 28 November.

Uttar Pradesh bowler Shiva Singh was at the receiving end of the mayhem caused by Gaikwad, who slammed seven sixes in a row 6 6 6 6 6nb 6 6. With that, Gaikwad became the first batter in the history of white-ball cricket to have struck seven consecutive sixes in an over.

The Maharashtra opener finished his fiery knock unbeaten on 220 off 159 balls. His solid innings, which was studded with 10 fours and 16 sixes, helped his side set up a competitive total of 330/5 in 50 overs.
    The record for the most number of sixes in an over in all forms of cricket is held by a former Blackcaps wicket-keeper batter, Lee Germon, who struck eight sixes in an over which included 17 no-balls and cost 77 runs, in a first-class game during the 198990 season.
    Gaikwad's 43-run over also became the joint-most expensive over in the history of List A cricket, previously achieved by Northern Districts's Brett Hampton and Joe Carter in New Zealand's domestic 50-over game in 2018.