Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pathemari Review -- My VAPPICHI on screen, scene by scene

Default Pathemari Review -- My VAPPICHI on screen, scene by scene

Chithranjali - N.Parur | 12th October 2015, 6PM show | Status -- Around 50%

Thanks Salim Ahmed for bringing my beloved vappichi on screen, scene by scene , who spent lion's share of his life in Riyadh. His journey started when I was 3 months in my mother's womb and continued in gulf for 30 long years!!! The film provided me an opportunity to rewind my memories including the ones vappichi had shared me - Big bang Gulf-box opening (tiger-balms and axe-oils were so common with neighbours and relatives), giving gift packet to wife in other's name, giving bangles to his mother without getting noticed, waiting in long queues to hear the voices of dear and near, patiently waiting for more than a month for getting reply to a letter etc.

I can hardly be away from my kids for 2 weeks and sensed the pain my vappichi had, when he was away for 3 continuous years in the initial part of gulf life, as Narayanan delivers, "You have everybody there and I am alone here" . I could relate with my vappichi's uncontrollable emotions that he could not be here with me when I was seriously hospitalized for a month, at the age of 5, exactly inline with the pain the lead actor had when his son diagnosed for jaundice. Vappichi could not give final good bye to his father similar to the situation Narayanan had with his mother. I was completely moved when I thought about homogeneous experience my father had in rewinding the last night of his departure, hugging his father!

Vappichi, like all gulfmates, had a very strong friends' circle. We were surprised and angry to see him reach home very late day by day after giving gulf-packets to the destination addresses from trivandrum to Kannur which is rightly depicted in the film. Now I could see the reason for the same through Narayanan's words - "Friend, We have spent much more time together than the time we had spent with our families", with a sea of emotions in the backdrop.

As in the film, Vappichi also had arranged gulf visas for many relatives and friends to make their life merry and had managed marriages of 2 sisters in his house and 3 sisters in my mother's house. He never expected any favour to be returned similar to the reel actor , "Giving something expecting a return is just an act of loaning". He never thought of any short-cuts and earned each penny with extreme hard work. He still reminds us "its not important what u had personally achieved with your work, it's important how many lives u have made happy" which is surprisingly the theme of the film!!!

Unlike in the film, we were lucky to convince him to get him settled here, 5 years ago. Like many gulf returns, he had to undergo renal transplant, an year back, after detecting complete renal failure -- May be they were too busy, earning for their loved ones, which even prevented them from drinking water on time. I want to take him to this film which will invoke his good memories but am extremely sorry that I cannot, because of the restrictions put by the doctor.

Thank you ikka & hats off to u for depicting my vappichi so real with flesh, words and mannerisms and bringing back the 'ACHOOTTY' in you!!! You can sense the mood of the film through his unique mannerisms and final 20 minutes will bring you goosebumps - Try keeping your balance perfect when he delivers "Did they sleep after having food??" !! When I look at the pains my vappichi had put, all others around him (including me) looks so ordinary, as the supporting casts of the film (small exception of Siddiq)!! Madhu Ambat, Jyothis Shankar, Pattanam Rasheed and Rasul Pookutty had done their work to make the film inline with the period.

Forget ratings - This is a rare film which will invoke all goodness in you and will make you drive home so silent, with your eyes wet & will make you hug your parents & kiss them for the pains they have put for you!!!

K.M.Abdul Salim's son

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2nd Instance :- After getting permission from doctor on routine check-up day, went with vappichi for pathemari, 18th October 1PM show (my second time) in Cinepolis, Ernakulam. Vappichi was very touched by the movie. He said many many incidents from his real life. -- 1) one touching thing was Like one of his friend's wife took friend's shirt & did not give the same back to from Kerala and never washed it too, similar to the one requested by narayanan's wife!!! 2) He used to give watches just before returning to gulf after the holidays 3) He used to tell his mother after giving bangle that he want the same intact on her hand when he comes back next time 4) Many similar incidents....
    3rd Instance :-Watched Pathemari -- 3rd time!! EKM - Sreedhar | 7th Nov (30th Day)-- 12:30PM show | With Sister and two kids | Details on 7th Page.
    4th Instance: 4th Time from PVR, EKM | 20th December (73rd Day) -- 7.40PM Show | >90% | With Cousin | Details on 8th page.
    Last edited by ikka; 12-21-2015 at 02:48 PM.

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Thanks.... Great review.... Touching as the movie...
    Mammootty can be likened to the purest breed of Red Oak trees- he shall still stand upright, rooted in deep and exposing his ornamental bark in all its glory and charisma.

innalyano padam kande atho inno ?

So touching. Great review :)

date or time thettayittanennu thonnu koduthekkunnae
    2018 >>>>> Pachu > Neymer > Madanolsavam > Thrishank = MadhuraManoharamoham > Live

Touching....
    Thanks brother....

Rvw

Thanks for the comments & pointing out the mistake...It was yesterday - 12th October 2015...Not able to edit because of some problems and will try afterwards!!!

Thanks bhai, prekshakarude manassil Narayanan undakum, athinu thelivanu ningale polullavarude vaakkukal...

Thanks for the great review...god bless!
    FREE: Get the 2022-2023 versions of our Home Video Databases

DVD 1http://www.mediafire.com/file/4r1zh9...-2023_DVD1.iso

Banned

thanks macha ...awesome review