Thread: Amar akbar antony is a formula mostly suceeds as a sequence of skits!!

Default Amar akbar antony is a formula mostly suceeds as a sequence of skits!!

Watched the film from pvr cinemas koramangala....

Film has a lot of comedy sequences in the first half. Apart from that therz not much story telling. Makers have approached this film as a series of skits and tried to combine it into a feature film. But most of them stands apart as individual skits. But then u will enjoy it in first half. Problem comes in the secnd half. As a feature film some story has to be conveyed and it is here the film fails. They tried to cover the story in the last 10-15 min and its not at all convincing. N it seems makers where adament to have a twist in climax and so be it. A climax twist which makes the entire film childish and for me its like fooling the audience. Therz no need to have a twist for namesake. Biggest lowpoint of the film is the climax twist.

Whatever said is my own personal opinion as I know majority feels opposite. Casting wise I feel jayasurya was wasted in his role. Indran was the star performer. What was Namitha doing n wots her role in the film. Most carelessly n loosely written role for a heroine. Read somewhere tat tis was actually meant for writer duo's debut. If tis was not done by accomplished actors like prithvi n co film wud ve been a disaster. When u look at the script from the point of view of a feature film, its mediocre. Villians role s the next big failure. A bengali who rapes n kills almost 10 children roams so freely in the society n one fine morning police comes up with his "colour photograph" n annouces tat hez the killer n next scene s him sitting in the street so freely....ha ha wot an awakening n realisation!!!!!

Don't think tat I am looking at the flaws only n there is no need to look for logic in a mass masala entertainer. But my take on it is that mass masala entertainer doesn't give u the liberty to b childish. A seosond artist like nadirshah should ve wait for a better script for a debut. Anyway he's waited this far, rite? For me tis is an extended skit. Whatevr film s doing wonderfuly well at BO. All the best.

2. Likes renjuus, kannan, Iam RMU liked this post
  3. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Tanxsss excellent review !!!
    MARACANA- WEMBLEY -LUSAIL

Thanks for the review

Thanks samjoysy............

Thanx guys....

Thanks samjoysy

Thanks for the review ...

Thanks for the review
    FREE: Get the 2022-2023 versions of our Home Video Databases

DVD 1http://www.mediafire.com/file/4r1zh9...-2023_DVD1.iso