Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: 💠MOOTHON💠Nivin Pauly✦Geethu Mohandas✦ Outstanding Response and Applause Allover🎉

FK Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by dhakarn View Post
    Agree ... But I don't know, I liked nivin in kochunni .... Maybe we are so used to the dramatic potreyal of manikuttan as kochunni what with all the heavy dramatic dialogues n slow motion .... It's another thing that I liked manikuttan's version of kochunni too, never missed an episode.. sakhav I think his dialogue delivery was bad, otherwise it's okay .... But I think he must stop 'trying to act' and 'trying to sound matured' while he delivers a line... He is trying very hard to deliver the lines rather than saying it naturally when he is asked to be angry or threatening or being serious.... He needs to work on that... In AHB he was very good IMO.... He needs to do often that .... Mikhael too suffered from his bad dialogue delivery , in addition to his physique
    Totally agree.

But AHB was first instance where i noticed this issue when he raised his voice for some scenes. May be he needs more years of "right experience" to rectify...
    For me Kochunni was good...no issues barring the more commercialized first half which could be directors fault.

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Quote Originally Posted by vipi View Post
    pand muthale anganeyaanu...oru light aayulla role nannaayi cheythaalum oru emotional/senti role avg aayi vannaalum aa senti role aarikkum aalukal what an acting ennu parayunnath... 2010 il awards nu pranchi n adaminte makan abu final round il vannappol ellaarum abu enna charcter aanu abhinaya praadhanyam ulla role ennu paranju...appol Renjith pranjath kadhaapaathrathinte dainyatha kk alla award kodukkendath ennaanu... innum nammal lalettan/ikka de best acting ennu parayumbol Kireedom,bharatham,thanmathra,thaniyavarthanam,sur yamanasam okkeyaanu aadyam parayunnath...athokke kidu acting thanneyaanu but kilukkam o thenmavin kombath o raaja manikkyam o praanchi yo onnum pettennu parayilla...
    pinne 2018 le state awards kazhinjum kure comments kandu jayasurya n soubin award share cheyth kodukkenda karyamillaarunnu soubin te role simple aarunnu ennokke...for me jayasurya oru emotional role avrg aayi cheythappol soubin oru light aayulla role athinte perfection odu koode cheythu...but captain le sathyan n sudani le majid ne nammal compare cheyyumbol sathyan aanu acting nu importance ulla role enne parayu...

Moothon te karyathilum anganeyaanu...pinne oru karyam und...Nivin light hearted role neratheyum nannayi cheyth kandittund...ennaal aa oru zone nu purathulla roles cheythappozhokke oru uneasiness undaayittund in sakhav,kochunni,mikhael etc. But moothon il light hearted allaatha role cheyyumbozhum easy aayi pulli handle cheyyunnu ennoru thonnal trailer kaanumbol undaakunnund...may be athaakum ithra appreciation kittaan kaaranam
    Absolutely nice thought

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Malayalam star Nivin Pauly on his latest film Moothon and testing Bolly waters
    He plays a vulnerable gangster called Akbar whose younger brother sets off on an arduous journey to bring him back home

By Priyanka Roy

Published 16.10.19, 8:25 PM Updated 16.10.19, 8:25 PM

Any conversation about contemporary Malayalam cinema cannot happen without mentioning Nivin Pauly. Breaking into films with the 2009 film Malaarvadi Arts Club, the 35-year-old actor has fast carved a niche for himself, consolidating his boy-next-door image with films like Neram, 83 and Oru Vadakkan Selfie. Premam and Bangalore Days — both of which connected with a pan-Indian audience — feature among the top grossers in Malayalam cinema and were instrumental in catapulting Nivin to the big league.

The former software engineer’s latest screen credit is Geetu Mohandas’s hard-hitting yet poignant Moothon, in which he plays a vulnerable gangster called Akbar whose younger brother sets off on an arduous journey to bring him back home. Moothon is the opening film at the Jio MAMI 21st Mumbai Film Festival with STAR 2019, starting today. t2 chatted with Nivin on becoming Akbar, his pan-India connect and the turning point in his career.

Moothon opens in India at MAMI today. That must be special…

MAMI is the biggest platform for any film in India. It’s getting bigger every year and Moothon being picked to be the opening film at this year’s edition is a big thing for all of us on the team. It’s going to be my first time at MAMI and I am looking forward to it. Thanks to the jury for picking it and gratitude to Smriti (Kiran, the artistic director of the Mumbai Film Festival) who has been so welcoming to us. We are waiting for the premiere so that people in India get a chance to watch the film.

Before this, the reception at TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival) last month was amazing. I remember an old lady coming with her son to TIFF to watch the film and after it, she told me, ‘The film is so haunting… it’s the best film I’ve watched at TIFF. The hangover of the film is going to stay with me for days. And if there is one more show, then let me know. I just want to watch it again’. That is something I really loved.

What was it about the film that made you sign on? I read somewhere that you took some time to say ‘yes’, possibly because you hadn’t played a character like Akbar before?

Yes, the narration was very intense and powerful and I took a little while because I hadn’t played someone like this before. There was never any doubt that I would say ‘yes’ to the film, but I was on a kind of break and it took some time for me to get out of the hangover of the narration and give my nod. I was just revelling in the hangover that one gets after hearing a good script (laughs).

Did you do this film specifically to break the ‘common man’ and ‘boy-next-door’ image that you are known for?

Akbar is also a common man, a boy from the streets. It’s just that the character has a different thought process, the conversations that he has are very different. Most of my films have common-man characters and I find myself connecting to those kinds of scripts a little more than the others. Moothon was a script that just took it a few notches higher and so I didn’t want to miss it (smiles).

What did you have to do to get into the skin of Akbar?

We had an intense workshop with (casting director) Atul Mongia in Mumbai. It wasn’t a proper acting-acting workshop. It was more on the lines of how to be that character, how to channelise your energy to get into the skin of the character, how to approach it from different angles, how to give an edge to the scene. It was not just about acting, but also about how a different and more studied approach in workshops of this nature can help you become the character wholly and seamlessly.

Did the fact that Akbar is a vulnerable gangster who kind of subverts traditional notions of masculinity make you want to play him?

Yes. When I signed on, I was completely unaware of how to play this character. I told Geetu (Mohandas, the film’s director), ‘Geetu, let’s unlearn everything and start all over again on a clean slate’. That’s how we ended up meeting Atul and doing that workshop. We had some of the other actors in the film in that workshop and I think it really helped us. There are certain films in every character’s life that stand out when you look back many years later… Moothon is that film for me.

What did you have to learn and unlearn about the craft of acting to make this film?

The workshops, as I said, helped us a lot but how intense we had to be is something we only learnt during the process of shooting the film. It is an actor’s responsibility to deliver a character rather than waiting for the director to direct you. That effort should come from an actor and that’s something I learnt while making this film.

You’ve firmly established yourself as a dependable actor and a bonafide star down south. Is there a plan to test the waters in Mumbai anytime soon?

I would love to work in Bollywood (smiles). Let’s see what comes up… I am waiting for the right script and the right director.

Premam and Bangalore Days are the films that gave us a peek into Nivin Pauly the actor. Are those the films people talk to you the most when you interact with a pan-India audience?

Yes, mostly it’s Premam, Bangalore Days, Action Hero Biju, Kayamkulam Kochunni…. The starting points are Premam and Bangalore Days. These are the two films by which people everywhere I go recognise me. So all my thanks to Anjali Menon (who directed Bangalore Days) and Alphonse Puthren (director of Premam).

What do you think has been the turning point of your career?

I think the person who brought about the biggest turning point in my career is Vineeth Sreenivasan who introduced me in Malarvaadi Arts Club and then directed me in films like Thattathin Marayathu and Jacobinte Swargarajyam. All his films have given me memorable characters and immense popularity. I always say that whatever big films have happened in my career so far are all thanks to the start that he gave

At Mumbai film festival

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk

Anyone gonna watch today?

Quote Originally Posted by dhakarn View Post
    Seeing the reactions of some on Twitter n Facebook, one would think Nivin is acting for the first time.... I don't know why playing intense, dark, loud n bad mouthing characters are seen as 'great' acting n doing a simpleton role with witty dialogue n silly but innocent smile is seen as mediocre.... Mohanlal n mammookka de okke saadhaaranakkaarude roles aanu namukku avare priyapettavar aakkiyathu....
    Athinu mattoru vasamundu...just leave nivin....ningal oru actor aanennu vicharikkuka..ningalkku oru choice tharunnu abhinaikkan ..lalettante kilukkam and thanmaatra or ikkede pranchi or amaram...allel venda nivinte thanne vadakkan selfie or moothon(athil angerude performance ariyilla..still) ...most probably ningal kilukkam/pranci/selfie select cheyyum...bcos..comparing to thanmatra/amaram/moothon...mattu 3 rolukalum ningalude jeevithavumai kurachu koodi releated aanu..i mean...kurachu koodi easy aanu cheyyan...kooduthal aalukalkkum anganaakum...nammalude comfort zonil ulla rolukal cheyyan kurachu koodi easy aanu...
    amarathine/thamatrayile okke bhayankara complicated expressions and acting aanu...ee movies okke verum senti movies ennu categorize cheyyallu..athil senti kaanum thats all....
    On a nut shell...oru actorude talent correct aai ariyan pattunnathu avar comfortable allatha avarude safe zonil allathe roles cheyyumbozhaanu...allathe simple aai romance cheythu comedy cheythu innocence kaanicha padam vijaikkumarikkum..but athukondu maatram nalla actor aakilla..
    AThukondaanu fahad faazil is considered as the best actor in this generation..he tries everything...as an urban high class guy in chappa kurishu to pakka local rural guy in annayum rassolum/amen/friday...and another complicated grey shade character in artists to a jovial and boy next door politician in Indian pranayakatha...
    Comparing to DQ...nivin atleast try cheyyunnundu challenging roles..which is a good sign ...

9. Likes dhakarn liked this post

JioMAMIwithStar

@MumbaiFilmFest

?

1h

Southern Invasion: Redefining Regional ....

@baradwajrangan

in conversation with Actor
    @NivinOfficial

Directors
    @nambiarbejoy

#Vetrimaaran and our Artistic Director

@smritikiran

#JioMAMIwithStar2019