Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Action Hero Biju Review

Default Action Hero Biju Review

For me this is the best police movie ever I have seen in Malayalam(even above Avanazhi, Commissioner etc). The reason: the film is real, well almost for the most parts. Level of detailing in this film is impressive( like I don't remember the last time i saw a cop sweating after chasing a criminal or like calling the Tahasildar before they start frisking the accused or like procedure they follow to produce the accused in front of the magistrate before sending him in the remand). These small things matter because that shows the commitment and homework from the makers involved. And the result shows: film came out just like the makers claimed it to be: A ride with the police officer .

If you ask for the story, I'll say its the story of an SI named Biju Poulose during a month before his wedding. He is well educated, young, spirited, honest, good-looking etc etc( like all the Mallu cop heroes before him- nothing interesting here) . But during this period he faces many cases, mostly petty ones. We are shown something like 10 of them in this film- of different natures, challenges etc. Now these stories, the characters and the way Biju and his team deal with- now that's really interesting and what the film is about.

What I liked most :
    Performance of the actors: Everyone including the hero Nivin Pauly(extra marks to his physique) to the cameo guys Suraj Venjaramoodu. Even the debutant actors like Major Ravi and Jude Antony(in a cameo). Good to see Meghanathan, Kochu Preman back
    Production Design: Now this is some serious stuff. I have never seen a police set so brilliantly made. You can even see the corroded vehicles in the station compound!!!. It's not just that- the court, hospital and other stuffs. Brilliant work by M. Bava.
    BGM and Sound Editing: So refreshing to hear such an subtle yet apt sounds in Malayalam film. Kudos to Rajesh Murugesan and the other guys involved.
    Cinematography: Top notch. I think its by a new guy.

What I didn't like:
    The heroine stuff .It is clear that Bettina, his fiancee, is very important to Biju. Yet we don't see her much in the film.Its a poorly written part. But Anu Immanuel is so pretty.
    Songs: Mediocre to average. Completely out of sync with the film.
    The climax: The climax is a bit of let down. We expect Biju to be in his most challenging situation but this was the worst part in the film. It involves a brutal physical battle but this part was not that convincing. Also the long dialogue by Nivin during this sequence was badly written and delivered. There were even some boos from the audience.
    Thanks part: Seriously there were something like 2 minutes of never-ending "THANKS" part during the beginning credits.

Summary:
    AHB is like a mini series consisting of certain number of episodes. All the episodes are simply superb except the series finale, which is disappointing. But even then a really good film. A non conventional and path breaking in the cop genre . This film is highly enjoyable and should be appreciated as well.

Rating: 4/5

On a completely unrelated note- i expected this film to create a huge opening . But I think it failed. Maybe DQ is a bigger crowd puller.
    Wenger: If you love football, you love Tomas Rosicky

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Thanks.............
    F K

Thanks Bhai....

FK SULTHAN

jack

Thanks for the review

thanks jack

Thanks for the review....
    തിയറ്റർ അടച്ചിട്ട് ഹൗസ്ഫുൾ ബോർഡ് തൂക്കുന്ന താരമല്ല, തിയറ്റർ
    നിറച്ചിട്ട് ഹൗസ്ഫുൾ ബോർഡ് തൂക്കുന്ന താരമാണ് മമ്മൂക്ക