Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Action Hero Biju- My Review... Ultimately a disappointing watch

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Yeah...Pandu kandatha... Ending okke ichiri bore aayirunnu...Pakshe first half okke kiduvayirunnu with a great performance from Prithviraj...Anti-hero type role alle with almost villain like characteristics... Vaasthavam full kanditilla pakshe I think Vargam is the better film out of the two even though the former ended up getting all the applause...
    No man. Watch Vaasthavam again. Vaasthavam was the better film. Better screenplay. Prithviraj played his character well. Ethum oru anti-hero anu. Jagathy was excellent in his role.

Vargam basically Devasuram storyline anu eduthe. But overall athre ku pora.

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

thanks......

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesfanboy View Post
    No man. Watch Vaasthavam again. Vaasthavam was the better film. Better screenplay. Prithviraj played his character well. Ethum oru anti-hero anu. Jagathy was excellent in his role.

Vargam basically Devasuram storyline anu eduthe. But overall athre ku pora.
    Kaananam...Vargam yathoru expectationum illandu TVyil vannappol kandathu kondayirilkum... Thought they went far more in Vargam compared to Devasuram that you actually think Prithviraj is the villain... You never feel like that in Devasuram... Not comparing the quality of those films but just that aspect of it...
    My Films Blog Link: pulpfictionfilms.blogspot.com

Kaananam...Vargam yathoru expectationum illandu TVyil vannappol kandathu kondayirilkum... Thought they went far more in Vargam compared to Devasuram that you actually think Prithviraj is the villain... You never feel like that in Devasuram... Not comparing the quality of those films but just that aspect of it...
    Padmakumar and Prithviraj admitted they were inspired from Devasuram. It's the basic same plot and theme. Neelakandan is a chetta... paka anti hero. Watch all 3 films again. Vaasthavam is Padmakumar's best work to date.

Padmakumar and Prithviraj admitted they were inspired from Devasuram. It's the basic same plot and theme. Neelakandan is a chetta... paka anti hero. Watch all 3 films again. Vaasthavam is Padmakumar's best work to date.
    Neelakandan pakshe likeable chetta aanu...Same with Aadu Thoma... :D Athu pinne Mohanlal ayathu kondano ennariyilla...

Neelakandan pakshe likeable chetta aanu...Same with Aadu Thoma... :D Athu pinne Mohanlal ayathu kondano ennariyilla...
    Maybe your confusing his other heroic characters w Neelakandan character. People imagine a variety of characters when they think of Mlal.

But Neelakandan is villainous. He's selfish and cares only about his pleasure. He's raped women etc. And he has a huge ego cuz of his father's family line. Ahangarium themadi anu.

Whereas Aadu Thoma is more of a nicer guy. He's liked by the ppl in the town. He would be more selfless to help others out. Only ppl in authority like the police and his father are against him. But even tho he's a goonda... he's more nice than Neelakandan I think. Plus he's a failure in life. So I think he has a different attitude... he has nothing to lose in life...

Maybe your confusing his other heroic characters w Neelakandan character. People imagine a variety of characters when they think of Mlal.

But Neelakandan is villainous. He's selfish and cares only about his pleasure. He's raped women etc. And he has a huge ego cuz of his father's family line. Ahangarium themadi anu.

Whereas Aadu Thoma is more of a nicer guy. He's liked by the ppl in the town. He would be more selfless to help others out. Only ppl in authority like the police and his father are against him. But even tho he's a goonda... he's more nice than Neelakandan I think. Plus he's a failure in life. So I think he has a different attitude... he has nothing to lose in life...
    Let's agree to disagree... Most of the initial confrontations in Devasuram happen with very obviously bad characters... Even for the Revathy dance thing, he is very remorseful immediately... The traits that you say like selfishness, arrogance due to lineage, pleasure seeking etc are pretty much universal traits for which you don't have to hate a person for... Just that we're not used to them in the traditionally heroic/protagonist characters of Malayalam cinema... Same is there for Tony Kurishinkal but he is also likeable....

Let's agree to disagree... Most of the initial confrontations in Devasuram happen with very obviously bad characters... Even for the Revathy dance thing, he is very remorseful immediately... The traits that you say like selfishness, arrogance due to lineage, pleasure seeking etc are pretty much universal traits for which you don't have to hate a person for... Just that we're not used to them in the traditionally heroic/protagonist characters of Malayalam cinema... Same is there for Tony Kurishinkal but he is also likeable....
    If someone like Neelakandan lived in my community. I'm sure lots of people would hate him. And he would have like a hundred cases charged against him. The actor Mlal makes that character likable probably.

If someone like Neelakandan lived in my community. I'm sure lots of people would hate him. And he would have like a hundred cases charged against him. The actor Mlal makes that character likable probably.
    Yeah... I would also hate him... Same with Tony Kurishinkal... In films there is a safe distance for you to like characters like that...

Yeah... I would also hate him... Same with Tony Kurishinkal... In films there is a safe distance for you to like characters like that...
    Do watch Vaasthavam. It's Babu Janardhanan's script. And overall a well made mainstream malayalam movie. Padmakumar's best. i had high hopes on this director back in '06. But after this movie it's all downhill for him