Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Kaatru Veliyidai - Released and Getting decent reviews !!!

Earlier today we had reported the collections made by Mani Ratnam's 'Kaatru Veliyidai' in its opening weekend in Chennai ALSO READ : True story behind 'Kaatru Veliyidai' prison escape sequenceNow we bring you the performance of the film in theatres across Tamil Nadu in its first three days.Sources within the Tamil Nadu Box office trade reveal that 'Kaatru Veliyidai' has collected Rs.12 crores in its first weekend. Thanks to the brand Mani Ratnam and A.R.Rahman who are continuing their association without a break for the past 25 years the film has taken a gargantuan opening across the state.The TN theatrical share includes Rs.1.55 crores from Chennai, Rs.3.5 crores from Chengalpet and Rs.1.8 crores from Coimbatore.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/mani-ratna...ws-183144.html

With all due respect mani sir,

What were you thinking when you wrote Kaatru Veliyidai? I don't know whether I'm disappointed or shocked. But I do know that I am angry. How could you with all your years of experience, with all the beautiful characters you have presented up to ok kanmani come up with messed up story which glorifies and romanticises an abusive and unequal relationship. There's so much to say but I will not on here because of spoilers. The heck it deserves to be spoiled. You are the guy who has invoked emotions and feeling in many, the one who introduced the meaning of love to so many generations and now... you've just gone said it's okay to be in messy relationships. There are just so many ridiculous moments in the film. You knew the plot did not have enough meat in it that you filled the gaps with as many songs as you could but even the beautiful music and frames couldn't hide the fact that they barely served any purpose! You even ruined the beautiful nallai allai for me! The guy humiliates the woman in front of his colleagues and she runs back to him because he sings?! I prayed that things would get better but they just kept getting worse! I can understand that people love a happy ending but you have been a phase in your career that you didn't need to play a safe game. You are a brand! Even OKK where people weren't happy with, it got my generation to actually reflect the meaning of a relationship. this time you have let me down and you are teaching the current generation the good old tale of "regardless of what the guy does to you, as a woman your role is to keep him happy". Karthi was awful, Aditi had vintage shobhana vibes and she's stunning. AR and Ravi Varmans beautiful work was sadly wasted on your half baked film. The only thing I take away from the film is the beautiful grief hidden within Nallai Allai!

Mega flop...Even in Chennai the movie is struggling to get audience.

Padam kandirunnu ...

Kadal kanditu ella ...mattu cinemakal vetchu easily Maniratnam's worst.....unbelievable that someone like ratnam can go so wrong with the content !!!!
    വിരഹത്തിൻ ചൂടേറ്റു വാടിക്കൊഴിഞ്ഞു നീ
    വിടപറയുന്നോരാ നാളിൽ
    നിറയുന്ന കണ്ണുനീര്തുള്ളിയിൽ സ്വപ്നങ്ങൾ
    ചിറകറ്റു വീഴുമാ നാളിൽ
    മൗനത്തിൽ മുങ്ങുമെൻ ഗദ്ഗദം മന്ത്രിക്കും
    മംഗളം നേരുന്നു തോഴീ

Quote Originally Posted by ballu View Post
    Padam kandirunnu ...

Kadal kanditu ella ...mattu cinemakal vetchu easily Maniratnam's worst.....unbelievable that someone like ratnam can go so wrong with the content !!!!
    yet to watch the trailer of this movie.. angere kondu ini onnum pattilla.. done n dusted.

Quote Originally Posted by ballu View Post
    Padam kandirunnu ...

ithra vamban parajayam aavumennu karuthiyilla...Ok kanmani rasamundayirunnu...Sai Pallavi oru mega flopil ninnu rakshapettu

padam kandu...

didn't work for me...climaxilekku etiyappo itraye ullo ennu thonnipoyi...first half depth onnum illatha occasionally cheesy feel ula romance..pkshe making moshamalatha kondu kandirikam...pinne couplesnte idaiyilekula issues anu..oru back and forth narration anu...makers uddeshichoru oru epic sweep missing anu...adithi super...best thing abt d film...ARR moshamalatha work..prison break scenesiloke pullide bgm anu filme pidichu nirthunathu...Karthi pora..chila scenesil orupadu effort edukuna pole feel cheythu...

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    yet to watch the trailer of this movie.. angere kondu ini onnum pattilla.. done n dusted.
    Climax and tail end okke kaanumpo sherikum manasilavum stuff ethandu motham theernnu ennu !!

Quote Originally Posted by asuyalu View Post
    ithra vamban parajayam aavumennu karuthiyilla...Ok kanmani rasamundayirunnu...Sai Pallavi oru mega flopil ninnu rakshapettu
    BO oru idea ella...disaster anno ....chennai - coimbatore okke nalla opening kitti ennu sify report kandirunnu
    വിടപറയുന്നോരാ നാളിൽ
    ചിറകറ്റു വീഴുമാ നാളിൽ
    മംഗളം നേരുന്നു തോഴീ

9. Likes kevin, asuyalu liked this post

Kaatru Veliyidai ...

wanted to post a detailed review to unleash my disappointment with the film ...eppo mood poyi ...

Almost entire film Himalayasinte chuttinum annu annu ...so kidu visuals undu throughout ...
    ARR songs theateril kelkumpo valare enjoyable ayi thonni ...
    Aditi rao kidu ....looks stunning and ugran perfo ...

But no amount of glossiness can be a cover up for a awful script and execution ...

least you expect from a love story is to have a connect with the characters ...pakshe evvide towards the end you really wish they don't end up together !!
    I thought it is a shockingly regressive cinema esp coming from someone like Mani ratnam ...what he calls love in the film is not love but a submissive relationship ...

Now even if you take offence with the plot things could have worked out had the script been substantial ...evvide content is zero ...most poorly written Ratnam film ...
    Climaxile chase sequence okke kaanumpo it takes some time to realize that you are actually watching a Ratnam film !!!

Surprise package is Karthi ....didn't know he could be this terrible in romance .. chila scenesile expression okke unbelievably mosham annu (read ....private glidingnu shesham Aditiye veetil drop cheyunna scene ...was supposedly a very crucial scene to establish their romance ....pakshe evante expression kandapo enthona ee kaanichu vetchekunne ennu thonni ) ...surya ayirunu enki atleast romance ulla portion enkilum better ayene .

Rating : 1.5 /5
    വിടപറയുന്നോരാ നാളിൽ
    ചിറകറ്റു വീഴുമാ നാളിൽ
    മംഗളം നേരുന്നു തോഴീ