Thread: 'Vettah', is not to be missed!!

Default 'Vettah', is not to be missed!!

Saw the movie from Calicut Coronation.
    Sunday the 28th Feb 9pm show.

In one word the film s a 'thriller'. Film straight away lands in the story and keeps you guessing. Arunlal Ramachandran is one writer who always had good themes for films, but when the entire script is done he falls flat. This time there is a refreshing change to this trend. I seriously feel that its Rajesh Pillai who has made the difference. One can clearly identify the amount of thinking and reworking done in the script. Rajesh Pillai has forced Arunlal to write a near perfect thriller. Anyone who had doubts about Rajesh Pillai's ability as a director (Since traffic had the perfect script from Bobby-Sanjay) would have their mouth shut after watching Vettah. When I heard Rajesh talking about Vettah as a psychological thriller, I was wondering what it would be! But all my doubts erased after watching the first half of vettah. The way Melwyin plays with Sreebala n Zylux is a real treat to watch. The real highpoint of the film is climax. Since similiar themes of common man against system and powerful opponents has come in various films, film required an exceptional justification to the incidents in the earlier part and the film provides exactly that. 'Bhoomiyile malakha' 2nd scene was received with thunderous claps.

Having said all this the film is not without flaws. I am not revealing all those since it wud affect the curiosity/eagerness of the people who have not watched the film yet. there are 4-5 things which needed clarifications/justifications from the writer. I would mention two instances among these.
    1. Y no question was asked about the phone call made by Melwyn to Zylux. Zylex was taken into the team only because that call was made by Melwyn. But after having Melwyn in custody officers forget about this!!
    2.Zylex does some investigations on his own and notes down some email id (god....@gmail.com) and calls his wife for asking something...there is no continuation to that.....
    N one thing which I don't want to reveal now is actually questioning the existence of this script. Juz mentioned my doubts about the film. The fact that I was forced to think so much about the film is the biggest high factor for me. I'm ready to ignore all these for the freshness it gave while watching the film.

performance wise Chackochan steals the show. Initially this was supposed to be a mindgame between Zylux and Melwyn.But I feel that film has elevated with the introduction of Sreebala IPS. Manju has emoted with the precision it needed and I feel the star power of Manju has given immense push to Sreebala IPS. Only problem with that is the character Zlux was almost sidelined. Though Zylux is an integral part of the story, It din demand any exceptional performance from an actor like Indrajith. Also the ease with which Vijayaraghavan emoted Manju's father deserves a special mention. In technical side Shan Rahman n Anishlal delivered a standout performance. BGM and the helicam shots were superb.

On the whole Vettah is director's film with standout performance from Kunchacko Boban. Rajesh Pillai is certainly a big loss to Malayalam Cinema.!!!

2. Likes Yuvaa liked this post
  3. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Thanks for the review.

Btw it's Melvin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesfanboy View Post
    Thanks for the review.

Btw it's Melvin.
    Melwyn ennu parayumbol oru impact ille :p

Quote Originally Posted by samjoysy View Post
    Melwyn ennu parayumbol oru impact ille :p
    I have a personal connection w the name Melvin. Please don't butcher that name. :D Lol

Thanks Anna

ATHIRAN - GO FOR IT, EXCELLENT DEBUT BY DIRECTOR VIVEK

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesfanboy View Post
    I have a personal connection w the name Melvin. Please don't butcher that name. :D Lol
    Vokay Bhai....ini Melvin ennu tanne ezhtham

Thanks for the review
    FREE: Get the 2022-2023 versions of our Home Video Databases

DVD 1http://www.mediafire.com/file/4r1zh9...-2023_DVD1.iso

Thanks bro

thanxxxxxxx sam
    മേരേ പ്യാരേ...ദേശ് വാസിയോം...യോം...യോം ..യോം ........

Thanks for the Review.........