Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: King Liar and Kali Review - 2 disappointments

Default King Liar and Kali Review - 2 disappointments

King Liar - Nowhere near the Siddique - lal expectations:

Palakkad Priya

After the trailer was released, my expectations were down but still had a little bit faith left in the duo, but the movie disappoints big way.

Siddique- lal combo who were known for talking the common man's story with lot of humour goes for something which is not expected from them. A story which was at the best average till interval moves to glam world post it. Fashion shows, ramp walks, cars, booze all not what we expect. I could have accepted it if the story was worth it. But it was the biggest disappointment with a lagging climax to make it worse.

The movie starts with the life of satyanarayan played by dileep and his friend antappan. they live by doing some fraud things. Satyanaratan falls in love for madonna who is interested in modelling and does lot of attempts to woo her. Even there is a flashback of their love story when they were in school. Finally by intermission, madonna falls for our dileep. Post-interval the story moves to dubai when dileep gets involved with lal who is in the verge of divorce with his wife, asha sharath. They are running a comapny called VD and how dileep goes in a mission to unite forms the rest of the story.

Positives:

dileep was good as usual
    madoona was cute in the song.
    some ( very few) laughs in between

negatives:

story and screenplay was so cliched
    lack of good comedies
    climax was stretched

final verdict: movie may run due to lack of competition and vacation time but does not deserve a hit

rating: 2/5

Kali- A meaningful first half and a lost second half

kali, as the name suggests was all about anger. Siddharth played by dulqer is a short tempered person. We are shown siddharth being a angry person from childhood to youth to present. Still sai pallavi falls for him ( dont ask how. who cares anyway). They get married, he gets a job in a bank. The first half moves showing the different incidents where siddharth anger results in insult for his wife. finally she has enough and leaves on the day they were supposed to go to meet their parents. But still siddharth follows her and both start their journey to masanagudi. the story was fine up to this point, but post interval, the story moves to a complete new level because of a incident. The movie after that goes in to a different mood and has no connection with the first half. The story moves forward with some incidents in a roadside hotel. What it has to do with the basic plot of theme is questionable. may be a inspiration from NH 10.

The movie was not able to be faithful to the basic theme
    The movie though wants to be a thriller but the slow pace hinders it.

rating: 2.5/5

expected more from this movie. i am disappointed.

2. Likes hsalihba, yathra, Malik, Naradhan, Daniel John, sha liked this post
  3. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

thanks.............................................. .........
    ജീവന്റെ അവസാന തുടിപ്പ് വരെ
    ഞാന് ഒരു മമ്മുക്ക ഫാന് ആയിരിക്കും.

Randu kaalakaleyum ore nukathil ketty alle.... ??
    When truth is a fantasy, reality lies ..
    Na
    rayana ..
    . Narayana ...

6. Likes thecinemalover liked this post

//But still siddharth follows her and both start their journey to masanagudi. the story was fine up to this point, but post interval, the story moves to a complete new level because of a incident. The movie after that goes in to a different mood and has no connection with the first half. The story moves forward with some incidents in a roadside hotel. What it has to do with the basic plot of theme is questionable.//

Ee 1st half second half concept aanu preshnam..Kali pole less than 2 Hrs duration ulla movies oke break free akanam. Apo ee continuity issue varilla

2nd half Had Definite connection . Second Half Incident's happens Because of Sidharth's Anger issue and short temper. He is saying in climax that "oru 80 Rs koduth othukanda presnam undarnullu" ennu Also he confess that because of him Anjaly had to suffer a lot. So that Incident at hotel might change his life and life style for ever... 2nd half deals about a serious plot which can happen to any .. it's a director's movie. I loved it. Any way thanks for your view's
    MARACANA- WEMBLEY -LUSAIL

Nh 10 Deals About survival of a couple who witnessed honor killing .. Kali Deal's about Different problem's that Sidarth and His Wife had to face because of Sidharth's Short tempered attitude... May be treatment in second half was inspired from Nh10 but core concept is different and something which haven't said about in Mollywood

danx bro.....2nd half 1st half connection undelo....DQ's attitude karanam aanu prashnam itrayum vashalayathu......he wanted to pick a fight,Vinayakan told him to leave without even paying but DQ dnt agree
    I regret the good things i did for the wrong people

11. Likes Iam RMU liked this post

In regards to Kali:

I read another review where the person was disappointed with the first half and loved the second half. Lol That reviewer mentioned the first half reminded him of a Jayaram family movie. Whereas the second half is where Sameer showed the real deal of the film with drawing inspirations from Spielberg's Duel film. Hmm interesting reviews.

Of course I still need to watch Kali.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesfanboy View Post
    In regards to Kali:I read another review where the person was disappointed with the first half and loved the second half. Lol That reviewer mentioned the first half reminded him of a Jayaram family movie. Whereas the second half is where Sameer showed the real deal of the film with drawing inspirations from Spielberg's Duel film. Hmm interesting reviews. Of course I still need to watch Kali.
    Which Jayaram Movie? Kaliveed ?

thanxxx bhaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii