Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SAIRAT: A simple story creating a storm!!

Default SAIRAT: A simple story creating a storm!!

The Marathi movie industry nammude Malayalam cinema poleyaa.....having to compete with Bollywood by creating good classy movies on a tight budget. Ivideyyum Tamil telugu mass masala padangalle Malayalam nalla cinemakal vechu aanu tholpikunne.

Sairat brilliantly retells the classic Romeo and Juliet story.....made on a shoe string budget of 4 crores, it has collected 65 CRORES in 3 weeks!!!

Teaser

Trailer

2. Likes kallan pavithran, Movie Lover liked this post

reviews okkey superb...................
    the flower garden

4. Likes shortbread liked this post

Saw the songs which are really superb. Oru Ilayaraja touch. I think Marathi industry is going to get its first 100 Cr club even before Malayalam through Sairat. I read the story also which is very tragic. And its seems there are lots of twists and turns in the end also.

Yes as said in the beginning of thread just like our Malayalam films are competing with Tamil and Telugu ,Marathi industry being a small industry is competing with Hindi and often giving a threat to Bollywood. This year I think there was a Nana Patekar movie which touched 40 Cr.

Hope Sairat releases in Kochi.

6. Likes shortbread liked this post

8. Likes shortbread liked this post

Sairat sets box office on fire: Rinku Rajguru and Akash Thosar get bonus of Rs 5 crore each

Sairat, made on a shoestring budget of Rs 4 crore, went on to rake in about Rs 60 crore within a month of its release. The happy producer of the film Nitin Keni, has now paid the lead stars - Rinku Rajguru and Akash Thosar - Rs 5 crore each as a bonus, according to a report published in DNA.
    "Yes, we are planning this as a small gesture of goodwill for the cast and it is not only the actors who will be receiving certain amounts of money, but also the extended cast and crew," Nikhil Kane, the co-producer of Sairat, told DNA.
    Initially, the actors were just paid Rs 5 lakh each. But after the Himalayan success, the makers chose to award the stars with this whopping amount.
    Rinku, who played the role of Archi, is currently in class 10. In a recent interview with IANS, the actor revealed that she is not interested in pursuing acting but she wants to become a doctor. Akash Thosar, on the other, is pursuing a Bachelor's degree.
    Directed by Nagraj Manjule, Sairat is a heart-wrenching story of a young couple. The music for the film has been composed by the popular music duo Ajay-Atul.

10. Likes shortbread liked this post

On the whole leaving aside Sairat, this Marathi industry is smaller than Malayalam right? Cost of production, stars remuneration ellam kuravalle?

Revenue also on an average nammalekkal kuravalle.

[QUOTE=shortbread;7775906]The Marathi movie industry nammude Malayalam cinema poleyaa.....having to compete with Bollywood by creating good classy movies on a tight budget. Ivideyyum Tamil telugu mass masala padangalle Malayalam nalla cinemakal vechu aanu tholpikunne.

Sairat brilliantly retells the classic Romeo and Juliet story.....made on a shoe string budget of 4 crores, it has collected 65 CRORES in 3 weeks!!!

12. Likes shortbread liked this post

marathi films okkey keri varatee...potential ulla ellavarum nannakkanam
    the flower garden

14. Likes shortbread liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
    Saw the songs which are really superb. Oru Ilayaraja touch. I think Marathi industry is going to get its first 100 Cr club even before Malayalam through Sairat. I read the story also which is very tragic. And its seems there are lots of twists and turns in the end also.

Yes as said in the beginning of thread just like our Malayalam films are competing with Tamil and Telugu ,Marathi industry being a small industry is competing with Hindi and often giving a threat to Bollywood. This year I think there was a Nana Patekar movie which touched 40 Cr.

Hope Sairat releases in Kochi.
    Nana Patekar's "Natsamrat" ... i think the collection was around 40-45Cr

16. Likes shortbread, Movie Lover liked this post

Which industry is bigger in India Malayalam or Marathi? Because now revenue seems to be more in Marathi. Earlier it was not like that.

FK SULTHAN

Quote Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
    Which industry is bigger in India Malayalam or Marathi? Because now revenue seems to be more in Marathi. Earlier it was not like that.
    malayalam > marathi .............

19. Likes Movie Lover liked this post