Thread: Udta Punjab- A contemporary classic

Default Udta Punjab- A contemporary classic

Theatre -Q cinemas status 10% maybe because it is second week

Not seen such a beautiful masterpiece during my recent times. You get into the body and soul of Punjabi youth who are addicted to narcotics. There are four important characters played by Shahid, Kareena, Alia and newcomer Diljith Dosanjh.

A very beautiful story of a drug addict pop singer, a Bihari drug pedlar girl, a doctor and a cop. Everyone have something in common which is none other than drug mafia in Punjab. As there is a dialogue in the movie 'There are two types of people -One who fights against drug mafia and the second who fight with themselves to free themselves from drug addiction. Perhaps the second struggle is much more tougher

Diljith-Kareena romance is really natural and perhaps one of the best romantic scenes in recent films. Diljith is one newcomer who has a bright future in Bollywood apart from Fawad khan.

Also if you are emotional at heart the movie haunts you and makes you think how they can hurt many people including their family just for the sake of getting a needle syringe or a packet of cocaine.

The film definitely has a universal theme rather than restricting itself to the state of Punjab.

A movie which haunts you even after you leave the audi.

A very touching scene where the character played by Diljith finds it hard to accept that his own brother who means more than life for him is a victim of drugs
    A must watch movie for everyone.

My rating:- 4/5 perhaps the best which I have given
    Last edited by Movie Lover; 06-25-2016 at 01:19 AM.

2. Likes ClubAns, renjuus liked this post

Thanks for the Review.........