Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast

Thread: Rio Olympics 2016 - PV Sindhu the youngest indian ever to win a medal at the Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by ACHOOTTY View Post
    3/4 indiakkaar rio de genero vil stadium kaali aayyittum groundil thappi nadakkunnu ennu kettu...........

aarudeyenkilum gold medal kalanju poyittundenkil athum perukki varaaan aanathre?
    Ha ha..ath kalakkiii
    Apna Time Shuru....

Rank NOC Gold Silver Bronze Total
    1 United States (USA) 46 37 38 121
    2 Great Britain (GBR) 27 23 17 67
    3 China (CHN) 26 18 26 70
    4 Russia (RUS) 19 18 19 56
    5 Germany (GER) 17 10 15 42
    6 Japan (JPN) 12 8 21 41
    7 France (FRA) 10 18 14 42
    8 South Korea (KOR) 9 3 9 21
    9 Italy (ITA) 8 12 8 28
    10 Australia (AUS) 8 11 10 29
    11 Netherlands (NED) 8 7 4 19
    12 Hungary (HUN) 8 3 4 15
    13 Brazil (BRA) 7 6 6 19
    14 Spain (ESP) 7 4 6 17
    15 Kenya (KEN) 6 6 1 13
    16 Jamaica (JAM) 6 3 2 11
    17 Croatia (CRO) 5 3 2 10
    18 Cuba (CUB) 5 2 4 11

3. Likes ACHOOTTY liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ACHOOTTY View Post
    China ithavana pirakil poyallo............evideyaanu pizhachathu?

badminton pratheekshicha vijayam kittiyilla.................athletics and swimmingilum valiya nettam undayilla ennu thonnunu.
    Wayanadante Cuba-kku kitti 5 gold.

Quote Originally Posted by BangaloreaN View Post
    sakhakkalude sthiram paripaadi.............adi idi......kuthu...........Boxing alle........

Rank NOC Gold Silver Bronze Total
    1 United States (USA) 46 37 38 121
    2 Great Britain (GBR) 27 23 17 67
    3 China (CHN) 26 18 26 70
    4 Russia (RUS) 19 18 19 56
    5 Germany (GER) 17 10 15 42
    6 Japan (JPN) 12 8 21 41
    7 France (FRA) 10 18 14 42
    8 South Korea (KOR) 9 3 9 21
    9 Italy (ITA) 8 12 8 28
    10 Australia (AUS) 8 11 10 29
    11 Netherlands (NED) 8 7 4 19
    12 Hungary (HUN) 8 3 4 15
    13 Brazil (BRA) 7 6 6 19
    14 Spain (ESP) 7 4 6 17
    15 Kenya (KEN) 6 6 1 13
    16 Jamaica (JAM) 6 3 2 11
    17 Croatia (CRO) 5 3 2 10
    18 Cuba (CUB) 5 2 4 11
    Austraila ku ariyaatha ethenkilum kali undo

MAMMOOTTY AKKI VIJAY PRABHAS YASH

Rio 2016: No water, no officials as Jaisha struggles to complete marathon

Biju Babu Cyriac| TNN | Aug 22, 2016, 08.23 AM IST
    HIGHLIGHTS

1. "I don't know how I managed to finish without getting enough water to drink," Jaisha said
    2. OP Jaisha finished the race in 2 hours, 47.19s
    3. She had clocked 2:34.43s in Beijing Worlds last year to finish 18th

OP Jaisha. (TOI Photo)BENGALURU: How tough is it to run a marathon (42.195 km) without getting enough water to drink? Ask India's national record holder OP Jaisha who collapsed at the end of the gruelling run in Rio, thanks to the apathy of Indian officials who provided nothing, not even water, during the women's race at refreshment points.

"Though there were officials from all other countries to provide refreshments to their runners at designated points -after every 2.5 km -there was no one from India and our desks were empty next to the country's name and flag," a distraught Jaisha told TOI here recalling her ordeal.

"I don't know how I managed to finish without getting enough water to drink. The organizers provided water and sponge only at 8-km intervals. The water from these stations lasted hardly 500m and it was almost impossible to run after the 30-km mark under the scorching sun," said Jaisha, who finished the race in 2 hours, 47.19s. She had clocked 2:34.43s in Beijing Worlds last year to finish 18th.

"While other athletes had the luxury of taking glucose, honey etc there was nothing for us (Jaisha and Kavita) to drink at our stations. Not even water," Jaisha said, her voice choking with emotion.

The experienced distance runner said she collapsed at the end of the race and didn't know what happened till she regained consciousness after 2-3 hours. "They injected seven bottles of glucose to help me recover. I didn't see any doctor from our contingent while help came from fellow marathon runner Gopi T and coachRadhakrishnan Nair. Coach Nikolai was also there for few hours before he was taken away by the organizers," she said.

"I was OK for the next few days. But now I'm feeling very weak and it will take at least 2-3 months of ayurvedic treatment and massage for my body to recover," said the top athlete who reached here on Saturday night. According to SAI doctors, she has fever, but Jaisha refused to get admitted to a hospital.

As per IAAF rules, India could have assigned four officials at four points -apart from the official stations -to provide water and refreshments to the athletes. "It is the duty of the coach and federation officials to assign people for this. One country's athletes are not supposed to drink from stuff kept for others as it could lead to a warning and then disqualification," informed sources told TOI.

The Kerala athlete also blamed her coach Nikolai Snesearev for forcing her to run the marathon. "I wanted to qualify in the 1500m (after the Mumbai marathon) but the coach forced me to continue in marathon," she said.

"Even when I suffered an injury during the training period the coach didn't give me time to recover. Moreover, we always trained early in the morning, first in Ooty and later in Rio. So, it was tough to adjust to the heat here," she added.

What a dissapointing news !! All are ready to shower blames on those who are not getting medal...Feels like India actually doesn't deserves a medal in olympics after this reading this news..
    Last edited by Darkknight; 08-22-2016 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    Rio 2016: No water, no officials as Jaisha struggles to complete marathon

Biju Babu Cyriac| TNN | Aug 22, 2016, 08.23 AM IST
    HIGHLIGHTS

1. "I don't know how I managed to finish without getting enough water to drink," Jaisha said
    2. OP Jaisha finished the race in 2 hours, 47.19s
    3. She had clocked 2:34.43s in Beijing Worlds last year to finish 18th

OP Jaisha. (TOI Photo)BENGALURU: How tough is it to run a marathon (42.195 km) without getting enough water to drink? Ask India's national record holder OP Jaisha who collapsed at the end of the gruelling run in Rio, thanks to the apathy of Indian officials who provided nothing, not even water, during the women's race at refreshment points.

"Though there were officials from all other countries to provide refreshments to their runners at designated points -after every 2.5 km -there was no one from India and our desks were empty next to the country's name and flag," a distraught Jaisha told TOI here recalling her ordeal.

"I don't know how I managed to finish without getting enough water to drink. The organizers provided water and sponge only at 8-km intervals. The water from these stations lasted hardly 500m and it was almost impossible to run after the 30-km mark under the scorching sun," said Jaisha, who finished the race in 2 hours, 47.19s. She had clocked 2:34.43s in Beijing Worlds last year to finish 18th.

"While other athletes had the luxury of taking glucose, honey etc there was nothing for us (Jaisha and Kavita) to drink at our stations. Not even water," Jaisha said, her voice choking with emotion.

The experienced distance runner said she collapsed at the end of the race and didn't know what happened till she regained consciousness after 2-3 hours. "They injected seven bottles of glucose to help me recover. I didn't see any doctor from our contingent while help came from fellow marathon runner Gopi T and coachRadhakrishnan Nair. Coach Nikolai was also there for few hours before he was taken away by the organizers," she said.

"I was OK for the next few days. But now I'm feeling very weak and it will take at least 2-3 months of ayurvedic treatment and massage for my body to recover," said the top athlete who reached here on Saturday night. According to SAI doctors, she has fever, but Jaisha refused to get admitted to a hospital.

As per IAAF rules, India could have assigned four officials at four points -apart from the official stations -to provide water and refreshments to the athletes. "It is the duty of the coach and federation officials to assign people for this. One country's athletes are not supposed to drink from stuff kept for others as it could lead to a warning and then disqualification," informed sources told TOI.

The Kerala athlete also blamed her coach Nikolai Snesearev for forcing her to run the marathon. "I wanted to qualify in the 1500m (after the Mumbai marathon) but the coach forced me to continue in marathon," she said.

"Even when I suffered an injury during the training period the coach didn't give me time to recover. Moreover, we always trained early in the morning, first in Ooty and later in Rio. So, it was tough to adjust to the heat here," she added.

What a dissapointing news !! All are ready to shower blames on those who are not getting medal...Feels like India actually doesn't deserves a medal in olympics after this reading this news..
    nammude officials karuthikaanum...................indian athlete 2.5 km polum finish cheyyilla ennu........