Thread: Fisherman's Review of Thuramukham

Default Fisherman's Review of Thuramukham

Fisherman's Review of Thuramukham

Theatre: Edappally Vanitha
    Show Time: Mar 10th, 10 AM

As most of us know movie deals with the life of people (Primarily labourers) sorrounding Kochi port, their hardships, exploitation by rich family etc etc... This is not the first Malayalam film which had dealt with this subject.

This is a period film since it deals with old times of our land. Director has been very successfull in recreating those old times be it with houses, shops, vehicles, ships, costumes of the actors etc etc... Another area in which Director has been immensily successfull is bringing out the best performances from all actors. Everybody - Nivin, Arjun, Indrajith, Poornima, etc etc... Several drama atrists are also there I think. Everybody has excelled in their roles.

Joju's portion in the initial parts of the movie has one major goosebump scene. And Joju's portion in second half is one of the best such sequence I have seen in Malayalam. We have seen such sequences in other movies, but the intensity in which this is shot and the intense performance is just awesome.

Then coming to Nivin, Arjun, Indrajith time period in the movie. Again the intensity in which Nivin has played his role is outstanding. I do not think any other actors after Big Ms has been so convincing in such Local Goonda roles with such intensity. I am waiting for a kidu Mass movie from Ichaayan. He will set the screen on fire.

Review of this film can never be complete with out a write up on Poornima Indrajith. My interpretation is that she is the central character of the movie. It is all about how people sorrounding her gets sucked into these labourers issues and also how she looses everything. Her performance throughout and in climax deserves a standing applause. The climax which is based on the real Mattanchery Police Firing is also executed very well with audience stuck spellbound seeing the proceedings on screen.

Positives
    Direction
    Perfomance all lead actors.

Negatives
    Slow pace
    Lenght

Overall Summary - Go and watch this chapter from our state's history which tells about the exploitation that existed in our land and how labour class revolted against it and the losses they suffered in those fight for justice. Do not miss it in theatres if you are a lover of serious cinema.

Nivin the Performer is Back...

Rating - 4/5.

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts
    Banned

Multi hit enkilum scope undoooo

Thanks for the Review Bro.....

Samsayam aan.... Slow paced aayadh kondum, pinne endho aalukalkku oru interest ulladhaayi thonnunnilla... Allenkil innokke nalla bookings varendadhaan... At least EKM area-il enkilum nalla booking varendadhaayirunnu...

Quote Originally Posted by anupkerb1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by anupkerb1 View Post
    ഇപ്പൊ അങ്ങനെ ഒരു category ഇല്ല. Ott വരുന്നതിനു മുന്നേ ആണ് ആ ഒരു type hit. ഇപ്പൊ അത് പോലത്തെ സിനിമകൾ ott കാണുകയാ പതിവ്

Sent from my CPH2505 using Tapatalk
    2018 movie -Pride of Mollywood.

thanks mukkuvan.

Thank you Mukkuvan for the review... Dop, Art direction ithileth top aanu... Aa black and white scenesnu nalla depth undayirunnu. Sadharana cinemayil flashback kanikkan vendi colour kurach vacha paripadi aayi feel cheythilla.. Light, shadows, black colournte depth ellam kidu aayirunnu.. Oru Hollywood filmnte pratheethi thannu... Colour dopum nannayirunnu. Aa raanthal vilakkukal ulla shots okke kidu aayitt vannu.. Perfomance were also good...!
    .....Celebrating Cinema........

Quote Originally Posted by mukkuvan View Post
    Fisherman's Review of Thuramukham

Theatre: Edappally Vanitha
    Show Time: Mar 10th, 10 AM

As most of us know movie deals with the life of people (Primarily labourers) sorrounding Kochi port, their hardships, exploitation by rich family etc etc... This is not the first Malayalam film which had dealt with this subject.

This is a period film since it deals with old times of our land. Director has been very successfull in recreating those old times be it with houses, shops, vehicles, ships, costumes of the actors etc etc... Another area in which Director has been immensily successfull is bringing out the best performances from all actors. Everybody - Nivin, Arjun, Indrajith, Poornima, etc etc... Several drama atrists are also there I think. Everybody has excelled in their roles.

Joju's portion in the initial parts of the movie has one major goosebump scene. And Joju's portion in second half is one of the best such sequence I have seen in Malayalam. We have seen such sequences in other movies, but the intensity in which this is shot and the intense performance is just awesome.

Then coming to Nivin, Arjun, Indrajith time period in the movie. Again the intensity in which Nivin has played his role is outstanding. I do not think any other actors after Big Ms has been so convincing in such Local Goonda roles with such intensity. I am waiting for a kidu Mass movie from Ichaayan. He will set the screen on fire.

Review of this film can never be complete with out a write up on Poornima Indrajith. My interpretation is that she is the central character of the movie. It is all about how people sorrounding her gets sucked into these labourers issues and also how she looses everything. Her performance throughout and in climax deserves a standing applause. The climax which is based on the real Mattanchery Police Firing is also executed very well with audience stuck spellbound seeing the proceedings on screen.

Positives
    Direction
    Perfomance all lead actors.

Negatives
    Slow pace
    Lenght

Overall Summary - Go and watch this chapter from our state's history which tells about the exploitation that existed in our land and how labour class revolted against it and the losses they suffered in those fight for justice. Do not miss it in theatres if you are a lover of serious cinema.

Nivin the Performer is Back...

Rating - 4/5.
    Thanks for the review

As a hardcore fan of Rajeev Ravi fan,enikk ithinte first half le oru valiya portions engaging aayi feel cheythilla kurach adhikam scenes onninu purake onnayi stage cheyth vech oru feel aarunnu...initial b/w portions nannayirunnu...towards interval veendum pick up aakunnu...ithinu idakkulla scenes plain aayi poyi...oru main event illaathe kure adhikam scenes ingane set cheyyumpol maximum duartion kurakkaamaarunnu...avde aanu negative thonniyath...2nd half enikk ishttapettu...climax firing sequence okke nannaayi eduthittund...

Ippol annayum rasoolum eduthaal athil oru event aadyam muthale und...rasoolinte pranayam...athine aanu film follow cheyth pokunnath...steve lopez il aadyathe introduction part kazhinj oru conflict undaakunnu...steve involve aakendi varunna oru murder...pinne aa oru conflict develop aayi varunnu...kammattipaadathil thudakkathil Ganga missing aakunnu...ath anweshich varunna Krishnan...inganeyokke oro events il nammale involve cheyyichaanu narrative pokunnath...aa event il nammal involve aayenkil narrative pinne slow aayalum nammude aswadanathe baadhikkunnilla
    But ithil angane oru event ne base cheyyaathe kure adhikam scenes slow pace il 1.5hr duration il varikayaanu...ath aswadanathe badhichu for me...

Kuttavum shikshayum pole completely forget cheyyenda oru RR film alla ith...but pulli de first 3 films nte oru class level il ethiyilla...Still its a good effort...esply ingane charithram maranna oru incident eduth film aakkiyathinu Rajeev Ravi kk oru salute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review.

Sent from my moto g31 using Tapatalk

Thanks Fisherman