Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Madras To KABALI..Salute u PA.RENJITH

Ultimate Lalettan fan -moviemaniac Jaisonjyothi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    language reference ok ... pinne padam kaanumbol ithokke ethoralkum manasilavunna karyangal aanu malaysian charitham grihasthamakkenda karyam onnumullathayi thonnunnilla..
    Haha athum shariyanu anganoke anel nammal orupadattinum allel oru literary textinum comment cheyan yogyaravillalo....

namithu jaisaa

aa gangster onnoode kandu oru review idamoo
    MAMMOOKKA

3. Likes Leader liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by MALABARI View Post
    namithu jaisaa aa gangster onnoode kandu oru review idamoo
    A koppu njan etra vattam kandalum otte reviewe ullu...athu annu tane ittittund...Gangster...

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    ranjith, in the Hindu interview, says films can't change society but they can ask questions, they can provoke... and he uses the power and popularity of the Superstar to ensure a bigger reach for the uncomfortable questions he asks.
    just because the questions are asked in a "commercial" film, why should they be ignored?
    and btw, personally, angane "interpret" cheyyaan ullathinekkaal open aayi, explicit aayi parayunna kaaryangal aanu padathil kooduthal...
    it's just because of the language or the nativity disconnect, people here feel more alienated from the subject... avareyum kuttam paranjittu kaaryamilla...
    and also, I don't know if you've noticed, but the Dalit politics and class-based oppression in this film is already subject for many social media debates...
    Seems like the director tried to push strong ideas related to burning issue of today, through this grand commercial vehicle. But for some reason, the blend has certainly not worked well and as a result the questions have failed to reach the audience,though there are are rare expections, in this case too, as always.
    Let us all be honest, the reviews have been mostly below par and I don’t see WOM changing drastically in coming days either. I don’t have any issues with filmmakers trying to present their vision through an outright commercial film, as it stands my problem is with the reviewer choosing to ignore some of the most major points that make or break a commercial film – the music, the performance of villain. I didn’t see much of it here and person, who has not seen the film, may be tempted to think whether there was a purposeful attempt on part of reviewer to stand apart from other negative reviews that came out on the releasing day. In hindsight, I was confused whether reviewer wanted to be entertained at all during the course of the film pre-occupied by all the readings and sub-texts. I could perhaps be wrong as well, it could possibly be that rare scenario where a reviewer is so enthralled by the questions a film carry, that he doesn’t find anything else worthy of a comment or an opinion in his review. We could most probably be witnessing that ironical situation, where valid questions raised by a Rajni film is getting lost in all the hysteria associated to him.

Quote Originally Posted by bhat View Post
    Seems like the director tried to push strong ideas related to burning issue of today, through this grand commercial vehicle. But for some reason, the blend has certainly not worked well and as a result the questions have failed to reach the audience,though there are are rare expections, in this case too, as always.Let us all be honest, the reviews have been mostly below par and I don¡¯t see WOM changing drastically in coming days either. I don¡¯t have any issues with filmmakers trying to present their vision through an outright commercial film, as it stands my problem is with the reviewer choosing to ignore some of the most major points that make or break a commercial film ¨C the music, the performance of villain. I didn¡¯t see much of it here and person, who has not seen the film, may be tempted to think whether there was a purposeful attempt on part of reviewer to stand apart from other negative reviews that came out on the releasing day. In hindsight, I was confused whether reviewer wanted to be entertained at all during the course of the film pre-occupied by all the readings and sub-texts. I could perhaps be wrong as well, it could possibly be that rare scenario where a reviewer is so enthralled by the questions a film carry, that he doesn¡¯t find anything else worthy of a comment or an opinion in his review. We could most probably be witnessing that ironical situation, where valid questions raised by a Rajni film is getting lost in all the hysteria associated to him.
    Why should i have to stand apart from other reviews bhai?Its not the matter of being differnet to get noticed ...Its not the first time that i'm facing oppositions on my views,most of my reviews were just opposite to which others had posted...Then in which perspective a movie should watch or a literary text to be read,is not a thing to get judged by others...A reader has freedom to read,Interpret and express his/Her thought as like they like to..So we cant blame anyone if they watched it on any other perspectives,Rather than most of us do...Then about pre occupations...I didnt have anything like that..I was just siting in the hall and watching The movie(Movie in the sense which follows the innertexts as well..)..

othiri decoration okke koduthu parayano? padam nalla onnam tharam kolamitharam....... worst of rajani ... charithram, social relevance okke sradhikkanamenkil theatre-il nalla mood-il irikkan pattande...

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    othiri decoration okke koduthu parayano? padam nalla onnam tharam kolamitharam....... worst of rajani ... charithram, social relevance okke sradhikkanamenkil theatre-il nalla mood-il irikkan pattande...
    Athoke viewers perspection anusarichirikkum.A nalla moodine disturb cheyunna tarattil onnum cinemayil illa...Tankalk angane thonniyal athu express cheyanulla freedom und...Oru cinemakum ithanu final verdict ennonum illalo...oru cinema 100 per kanuvanel 100 per diff films anu kanunnath ennanu ente vishwasam....

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    language reference ok ... pinne padam kaanumbol ithokke ethoralkum manasilavunna karyangal aanu malaysian charitham grihasthamakkenda karyam onnumullathayi thonnunnilla..
    athinu ithu vaayichitte padam kaanaan pattoo ennonnum paranjittilla..
    ranjith cheytha extensive background work/ setting inte authenticity kurichu avide janichu valarnna oraal praise cheyyunnu... athu share cheythenne ulloo...
    Be kind, rewind.

@bhat i'm not a critic or a movie analyser,Who knows everything about cinema or Knows about every technical aspects of filmmaking...Here most of us expressing their view points only on the basis of "impressionisms"... What impression a movie makes and How gets it connected...So the criteria of enjoying a movie ,Here only sides with ths impression factors...In kabali the major impressions were on the political ideology of the maker and About the issues faced by tamilians in malasia.So i made comments on these impressions rather than focusing on Technical side or performane side...Next thing is How a person can enjoy a movie,If he ws enthalled upon innertexts...So what about adoor gopalakrishnans movies?What about the movies that get featured in Film festivals?Many of them have different layers of story telling and Diff perspective levels...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaisonjyothi View Post
    @bhat i'm not a critic or a movie analyser,Who knows everything about cinema or Knows about every technical aspects of filmmaking...Here most of us expressing their view points only on the basis of "impressionisms"... What impression a movie makes and How gets it connected...So the criteria of enjoying a movie ,Here only sides with ths impression factors...In kabali the major impressions were on the political ideology of the maker and About the issues faced by tamilians in malasia.So i made comments on these impressions rather than focusing on Technical side or performane side...Next thing is How a person can enjoy a movie,If he ws enthalled upon innertexts...So what about adoor gopalakrishnans movies?What about the movies that get featured in Film festivals?Many of them have different layers of story telling and Diff perspective levels...
    ok..it could also be influence madras had on you..if shyamaprasad had made a big commercial movie after artist or if nagesh kukunoor goes on to make a 'Shah Rukh Khan' film after dhanak..I will still be forced to mention those films in my review because of the impact they had on me..but i feel it is still important to cover some major points and make review more accessible....it's bound to be a review and not a thesis on the movie...anyway am stopping it here...but its sad to see people still being attacked for expressing their personal opinion...hope ppl here take immediate notice of it and avoid such stiffs atleast in coming days...