Page 31 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: ❖❖ RANAM - Detroit Crossing ❖❖ Prithviraj ❖ A Never Before Visual-Sound Treat ❖

Quote Originally Posted by udaips View Post
    Padam ennanu release?... ee vacation seasonil alpamenkilum pratheekshayulla oru padamaanu ithu..
    april release anu....

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Quote Originally Posted by Deepu k View Post
    Correct. Malayalathil oru kidilan action thriller erangittu kure nalayi.
    ithu thriller alla !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saathan View Post
    ithu thriller alla !!!
    Pinne enthanu .revenge drama ano

Quote Originally Posted by Deepu k View Post
    Pinne enthanu .revenge drama ano
    Action Crime Drama

Quote Originally Posted by Saathan View Post
    Action Crime Drama
    Appol action moodil ulla padam anu. Kollavunna action mood ulla oru padam ergiyittu kure kalamayi. Bigb , Keerthichakara enikku avasanam ergiyithil ishtapettathu.keerthicharkara militari story aneglium padam complete oru action mood nila nirthunnundu

FK Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesfanboy View Post
    Nivin Pauly is playing an Indian/Malayali immigrant IT guy. I've seen many ppl like him in real life who are in the IT profession lol including many family relatives
    he's rightly cast. athu really acting talent ala... but good casting.

anyway the bigger problems of this movie goes back to the screenplay/direction.
    Interesting that you noticed this too.
    I was surprised by the utube comments for that intorogation scene...when everyone is ridiculing np for his accent...even in this forum too..

reg English..as you said, it was Prithvi /director at fault here...as he is shown as..brought up in us. His accent is good for a mallu...but completely mismatch for the role...on the contrary...np was okay...his accent was normal for an immigrant.

reg performance, for a guy who is heavily criticised for playing in comfort zone, I think np did well ..considering it was out of his usual territory...he was able to bring the shrewd/cunning feel required for the role...also displaying shades of negative & positive sides.. only drawback was, .if the role was intended to be more stylish....he failed...as I always felt..Np lacks an ultra urban style....he like Lal ...has a heavy " Nadan" feel to his portrayals.

for Pr, it was his usual comfort zone ...dark emotional cop role...which he did smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by aak View Post
    . Ijjaadhi look...
    rahmannn

Quote Originally Posted by Amallu View Post
    Interesting that you noticed this too.
    I was surprised by the utube comments for that intorogation scene...when everyone is ridiculing np for his accent...even in this forum too..

reg English..as you said, it was Prithvi /director at fault here...as he is shown as..brought up in us. His accent is good for a mallu...but completely mismatch for the role...on the contrary...np was okay...his accent was normal for an immigrant.

reg performance, for a guy who is heavily criticised for playing in comfort zone, I think np did well ..considering it was out of his usual territory...he was able to bring the shrewd/cunning feel required for the role...also displaying shades of negative & positive sides.. only drawback was, .if the role was intended to be more stylish....he failed...as I always felt..Np lacks an ultra urban style....he like Lal ...has a heavy " Nadan" feel to his portrayals.

for Pr, it was his usual comfort zone ...dark emotional cop role...which he did smoothly.
    Agree w you.

NP was rightly cast.

Prithvi was bad casting. He's supposed to have an Atlanta accent like the lead character in The Walking Dead TV series. But he has his usual Indian accent on here lol

If you notice the lead star of the Walking Dead... you can clearly see the difference in his accent from real life to character. Andrew Lincoln is British... so he has a typical English accent in his interviews but he has a US/Atlanta accent on the TV series for the character

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamesfanboy; 03-24-2018 at 02:42 AM.

FK Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesfanboy View Post
    Agree w you.

NP was rightly cast.

Prithvi was bad casting. He's supposed to have an Atlanta accent like the lead character in The Walking Dead TV series. But he has his usual Indian accent on here lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I will agree that Pr was miscast for the role if you are looking for a realistic english dialog delivery.......but who else is there even in India who could speak pure american accent - any ABCD actors there?

So given the above constraint & the fact that being brought up by white parrents was crucial to show the emotional battle for his identity- Pr is an apt cast - as he is one of best w.r.t english from mallu actors. Also it is his comfort zone...the dark cop role.

Only issue is- Np was ridiculed for mainly for his English comparing to Pr's...and that is where the irony is.