Page 2 of 258 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: ═▶TSK◀═ ★ SURiYA ★ ViGNESH SHIVN ★ ANiRUDH ★ SUPERB REPORTS - TSK PONGAL ★

Suriya announces his next film with Vignesh Shivan; female lead yet to be decided

http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/s...d-2992192.html

On the auspicious day of Ganesh Chathurthi, Suriya made the announcement of his 35th feature film. Upcoming director Vignesh ShivN tweeted about it as well:

Hot and happening music director Anirudh will also be a part of the new film. Anirudh, who is very choosy about the films he does, had tweeted:

It caught the Tamil film industry by surprise as Suriya was said to be in talks with other established directors like Sundar C and Muthiah for his new film. In fact Suriya had been in talks with half a dozen directors and discussing scripts with them, before Vignesh piped them to it.

Vignesh ShivN has earlier directed Poda Podi with Silambarasan and Nanum Rowdy Dhaan (NRD) a super hit with Vijay Sethupathi and Nayanthara.
    Vignesh is also a good script writer and a lyricist, and has started his career as a script consultant for Dhanush, who produced NRD.
    But Vignesh’s claim to fame was through the gossip columns as he came to be known as south India’s leading heroine, Nayanthara’s boyfriend.
    A few weeks back at the SIIMA Awards in Singapore, where he received the best director award for NRD and Nayanthara got the best actress award for NRD, the couple openly acknowledged that they are in a relationship.
    It was earlier reported that Vignesh ShivN would be doing a female oriented film with his lady love Nayanthara and her one time bitter rival Trisha, who would be coming together for the first time. Vijay Sethupathi was said to be playing the male lead. But the project did not materialise due to various factors and the director was said to be working on another project with Sivakarthikeyan, which also did not take off.

Suriya had hit a rough patch after his last two releases Mass and 24, did not perform up to expectations at the box-office. A lot is riding on S3 for Suriya, and he needs a hit to assert himself as a sale-able super star. Vignesh ShivN's film is going to be produced by Suriya’s 2D Entertainment and will be presented by his cousin and leading producer KE Gnanavel Raja, and his production house Studio Green.
    If rumours are to be believed, Vignesh will not be casting his lady love Nayanthara as the female lead, as she has already done two films with Suriya. It will be a fresh casting and the film is likely to be a rom-com with Tamil commercial cinema ingredients.
    The front runner at the moment to play the female lead is Keerthi Suresh, the fastest rising young actress in Tamil cinema. The shoot of the film is likely to start by October end after Suriya completes all work on S3.

For the last six months, there has been lot of speculation in the industry about who would direct Suriya after his franchise film S3(Singam 3), directed by Hari, which is scheduled for a Deepavali release.

Humbled and blessed to hAve soo much of positivity aroundHeartfelt thanks to all of ur wishes for #S35 #SuryaFans #AnirudhFans

All the best.............

Quote Originally Posted by ClubAns View Post
    All the best.............

Suriya 35 Will be a Full Entertainer, Says Director Vignesh Shivn

Ever since news about South star Suriya's 35th film released on social media, the topic of
    Suriya35 has been trending online. The actor, who is currently completing Singam 3, will be working next, director Vignesh Shivn, who is amongst the youngest directors Suriya has teamed up with. Suriya will be co-producing the untitled film under his home banner 2D Entertainment, along with Gnanavel Raja's Studio Green. In an exclusive chat with Vignesh Shivn, we get a peek into the director's meeting with Suriya and how the project came about.

Vignesh, who has Poda Podi and Naanum Rowdy Thaan (NRD) to his credit, recalls, "After NRD, I got a call from Studio Green's Gnanavel Raja and we kept in touch. Soon, an idea for a movie with his cousin, Suriya, emerged. Once I was ready with the entire story I approached Suriya for a narration. He liked the story. His avid enthusiasm boosted my confidence. He's such a humble person. The few times I met him at his home, he was so courteous and encouraging, that I didn't feel nervous to narrate a story to a big star like him. He has absolutely no starry airs and is such a classy human being. He then asked me for a bound script. Being an avid writer and lyricist myself, I too am in the habit of writing my scripts in entirety. So I presented him with the whole script which he meticulously read. His attention to detail and working systematically with a bound script is a quality I find really impressive. He soon gave me the go-ahead and we announced the project on the auspicious occasion of Vinayaka Chathurthi."

The shooting will commence by October end, once Suriya completes Singam 3. Anirudh Ravichander will be composing the music. Given Anirudh's association with Vignesh, the factor adds a zing to the project. The details of the heroine, cast and crew are yet to be finalised.

So does Vignesh feel the pressure, given that he will be directing one of the top stars of Southern cinema in his 3rd film? Moreover, Vignesh is one of the youngest directors Suriya has worked with who is known for his new age, quirky and raw kind of films. How the star value of Suriya will combine with the quirky filmmaking of Vignesh and how exciting the final product will be, is already a point of conversation in Kollywood.

Vignesh still has to pinch himself to let it all sink in. "I've worked with Simbu and Vijay Sethupathy, both great actors. I had only seen Suriya at functions and never imagined I would one day be working with him!"

However, Vignesh has now managed to replace his initial excitement with a sense of responsibility and is happy that stars like Suriya are giving youngsters a chance to collaborate with them.

"More than pressure, I feel a sense of responsibility that I should give the film my best and work harder and be honest to my script. It's wonderful that stars like Suriya are giving young directors an opportunity to work with them. That way, our ideas can reach a wider audience, thanks to their star value. It's very encouraging to and a welcome move. The kick and boost you get as a youngster when a star believes in you, is just incredible! I try to keep the pressure of expectations out, and not overthink or get over confident. That would only make you nervous and lose judgement. I believe in being grounded and sticking to the basics of working out the finest of details before I start the project. The rest I leave to God," he adds. Ask him what Suriya 35 will be about and he gets cagey, "It's still too early to talk about. But likeNDR, it will have several elements of comedy, romance and action and will be difficult to slot into one genre. But it will be a full entertainer for sure," says Vignesh.

x

Suriya 35 Will be a Full Entertainer, Says Director Vignesh Shivn

|TrendingTalks|@Trending_Hypers 48m48 minutes ago
    #Surya35 - Cool town drama | #Surya36 - Action village drama @VigneshShivN | @prabhu_sr !! @Suriya_offl in diff shades !!

#Surya35 - Casting process in progress | more roles to be signed soon Something interesting is growing ...!!

Young Tamil director, Vignesh Shivan got the lucky chance of directing Suriya in his upcoming film. Latest update reveals that the shooting of this film will kick start on the 15th of October in Chennai.

The talented director who made the recent hit film Naan Rowdy Dhaan with Vijay Sethupati and Nayanthara is currently giving finishing touches to the script. Anirudh Ravi Chander composes music.