View Poll Results: Who will win the ISL 2016 season?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Atltico de Kolkata FC

0 0%
  • Chennaiyin FC

0 0%
  • Delhi Dynamos FC

0 0%
  • Goa FC

3 25.00%
  • Kerala Blasters FC

10 83.33%
  • Mumbai City FC

0 0%
  • NorthEast United FC

0 0%
  • Pune City FC

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ♛ ⚽️ ♛ INDIAN SUPER LEAGUE ⚽️⚽️⚽️ SEASON 3 Official Thread ♛ ⚽️ ♛

All the best.
    Tournament start avumpol main sectionil idaam.

3. Likes Cinema Freaken liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by BangaloreaN View Post
    All the best.
    Tournament start avumpol main sectionil idaam.

@BangaloreaN Ellarem Onnu Mention Cheythekku!

Poll Add Cheythittund!

FC Pune City's Gudjohnsen ruled out of ISL

FC Pune City suffered a double blow ahead of the third season of the Indian Super League as their marquee player Eidur Gudjohnsen and Cameroonian midfielder Andre Bikey have both been ruled out of the tournament due to injuries.The 38 year-old Iceland international, who has played for top sides likes Chelsea and FC Barcelona, picked up an ankle injury in his left leg according to a statement released by FC Pune City. Meanwhile Andre Bikey, who has played for the likes of Reading and Burnley suffered an injury on his left thigh.
    "What was an exciting start to my new journey in India with FC Pune City, has come to an abrupt end unfortunately. Just a few days back, on my left ankle, what I thought was a niggle, turned out to be more than that. After getting it checked and having multiple opinions, I have been advised that it needs more extensive rehabilitation. The team doctors as well as the league doctors recommended that if I want to continue playing in future, as I intend to do, I must give myself some time off the field to recover," Gudjohnsen said.
    It is not yet clear whether Gudjohnsen was injured in Spain, where the club had a pre-season stint, or in India. The team had returned home from Spain in the second week of this month.
    The ace forward did not participate in FC Pune City's practice match against Ozone FC earlier this week.
    "The injuries to Eidur and Andre both are unfortunate developments for us. Eidur had a very good pre-season training stint with us in Spain where he showed us his formidable skills. But then injuries are a part of every sport and football is a team game so we have to move on. Eidur leaves behind a lot of valuable inputs that came with his experience and the boys have learnt a lot from his presence during the pre-season training in Spain. We wish both all the best for their future," Antonio Habas, coach of FC Pune City said.
    FC Pune City are on the lookout for a replacement ahead of their ISL's opening fixture against Mumbai City FC on October 3 at Balewadi Sports Complex in Pune.

Indian Super League 2016 Preview

India is gearing up for another spectacular season of promoting and establishing football as a mainstream sport in the form of the Indian Super League​.

The third season of the ISL will be held from 1st October to 18th December 2016. League's promoters, Football Sports Development Ltd, on Friday announced the ISL fixtures featuring 61 games spread across 79 days played in a home-away league format, to be followed by the semi-finals and the final.

All the matches will kick off at 7pm.

For the third year running John Abraham-owned club North East United FC would take on Sachin Tendulkar owned Kerala Blasters FC in the season opener, to be held at the Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium in Guwahati.

The first leg of the semi finals are scheduled on December 10 and 11 followed by the second leg on December 13 and 14 leading up to the final on December 18.

Lets have a look at how each of the teams in this year's ISL stand a chance of winning this coveted trophy.

8. ChennaiyIn FC

After winning last season's ISL, Chennaiyin FC will have to do it all again to retain their coveted crown as they gear up for the next season of the ISL.

With Bernard Mendy and John Arne Riise leading the defence and Jeje and Omagbemi in the forward line, the midfield for Chennai will have easy inroads into opposition defences this season.

Chennai will kick off their ISL away to Atletico De Kolkata on 2nd October 2016.

7. FC Goa

After losing to Chennaiyin FC in the final of last season, FC Goa will be more than motivated to go to the next level and winning the ISL this time out. With Robin Singh and Oliveira leading the line and support from Richarlyson in the midfield, FC Goa will believe they have a brilliant chance of winning this year's ISL.

With Lucio leading the team, they can surely be compact and aggressive at the same time and can pull off a few shocks in the upcoming season.

Fc Goa will kick off their ISL away to NorthEast United Fc on 4th October 2016.

6. Mumbai City FC

After coming 6th in last season's ISL, this season Mumbai will again be subject to high hopes from their fans as they gear up for a tough season ahead.

Mumbai have been unbeaten in all of their pre-season fixtures till now with the latest victory coming on 11th September against Dubai SC.

With Diego Forlan now in Mumbai's ranks, it is sure that this team will have a say in this years ISL.

5. North East United FC

After coming 5th in the previous edition of the ISL, North East United Fc are gearing up to have a go at the ISL crown this season.

This team is currently on tour to South Africa and will be kicking off the ISL on 1st October when they meet Kerala Blasters in the first match of the tournament.

With Didier Zokora leading the line, this team has a plethora of talent under coach Nelo Vingada and are sure to create an impact this year.

4. FC Pune City

With Eidur Gudjohnsen and Ndoye leading the line yet again and Brazilian Jonatan Lucca giving stability in midfield, Pune still are among the top favorites to go a long way in the upcoming ISL.

Currently on their pre-season tour to Spain, this team is surely doing all it can to have a good go at the ISL crown in this season, after a disappointing 7th place finish last season. Pune City will kick off their campaign in a derby against Mumbai City Fc on 3rd October 2016.

3. Kerala Blasters

​After coming last in the standings in last years version of the Indian Super League, Kerala is looking to rejuvenate themselves and have a good strong go at the ISL trophy this season.

With new signings like Haiti striker Nazon, Didier Boris Kadio, Ouzin Ndoye and Antonio German leading the forward line, this team is currently preparing for the pre-season in Thailand where they beat Big Bang Chula United Football Club 2-1 with goals from Michael Chopra and local boy Prasanth Karuthadathkuni,

Kerala will be part of the first match of the new season when they face NorthEast United on 1st October 2016.

2. Atletico De Kolkata

The title winners of the inaugral season of the ISL, Atletico De Kolkata also was in the semi finals of last year's competition.

With new additions like Shilton Paul and with overseas players like Iain Hume, Borja Fernandez, Ofentse Nato and new players like Stephen Pearson, Dani Mallo and Pablo Zurera, this team is looking stronger than ever. This team is currently training in Spain since end of August.

Atletico De Kolkata will begin their ISL campaign on 2nd October 2016 when they host Chennaiyin Fc at home.

1. Delhi Dynamos

​After having recorded their pre-season victory over Swedish Club Skene IF on 11th September, Delhi Dynamos coach Gianluca Zambrotta will be hoping his team replicates these performances in the upcoming Hero ISL 2016. Florent Malouda and Marcelo Leite were the star players for Delhi with Leite scoring the winner.

This upcoming season will give the ISL 2015's semi finalists the mentality and momentum to start the ISL season on a high and maintain their form to take home the coveted ISL trophy. With Malouda, Niasse and Leite leading the line, no one can rule out Delhi being one of the favorites to win the ISL's upcoming season.

Delhi Dynamos will kick off their ISL campagin against Channaiyin FC on 6th October 2016.

Last edited by Cinema Freaken; 09-26-2016 at 07:41 PM.

The inaugural champions of the ISL launched their programme for the third season with the Portguese striker back as marquee player in Kolkata.

Back as the marquee player for the Sourav Ganguly co-owned Indian Super League (ISL) franchise, Helder Postiga is itching to make a comeback on Indian soil, bettering his total seventy-odd minutes appearance and two goals from last season.

"It feels great to be playing for Atltico de Kolkata for the consecutive year. My stay last year was short lived but I have earned memories which endeared me to come back to Indian football and especially the ATK family. The passionate fans of Kolkata will definitely push my zeal for performing in this edition as fitness wise I am in much better shape and had a good season with Rio Ave F.C at Primeira Liga", stated the Iberian World Cupper.

Postiga started last season's opener at Chennaiyin FC away from home and scored a brace before being stretchered out for the rest of the tournament, albeit returning in the capacity of a spectator after his treatment in Spain.

Alongside the former Tottenham and Valencia marksman was ISL hero Iain Hume who has been in riveting form in both the past tournaments and is an obvious choice for the Golden boot award this term as well. When asked about the inevitable lethal partnership to be formed up top for the Red and Whites, Postiga passed on the onus to Hume.

"It’s better if Hume answers this. No, honestly the most important thing is the team. Hope our combination will be even better this season to help the team. Moreover I hope, both of us can score goals, can create good opportunities and play some good football for ATK", said the 34 year old.

Canadian national Hume coughed up his response in the same voice. "I’m hopeful too. It makes your job easier when you have players like Postiga in your side. As Postiga is there up front, I am ready to play wherever the coach wants to put me in. In the end, the team matters the most and we both are looking forward to it", quipped the former Kerala Blasters man.

The FC Porto youth product was quizzed on the standard of the domestic players in the side and the future of the tournament, where it has emerged to be a eye-grabber in most parts of the world. "ISL has been one of the most competitive leagues in the world and I believe we have a bunch of quality players. I trained with few of them in the preseason in Spain and they seemed really good," he said.

Postiga concluded with words of encouragment for the players from the subcontinent. He said, "I hope in next few years India will be in the World Cups, Asian Cups as these players can only get better."

Kerala Blasters

10. Likes Cinema Freaken liked this post

JIKTALE!!!! JIKTALE!!!!

FC GOA JIKTALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORCA GOA JIKTALE!!!!!!!!!!

12. Likes Cinema Freaken liked this post

LETS GO GOA!

OLE OLA VIVA FORCA GOA

Last edited by Perumthachan; 09-27-2016 at 12:19 PM.

14. Likes Cinema Freaken liked this post