Thread: M S Dhoni The Untold Story Review - excels in parts, down in second half

Default M S Dhoni The Untold Story Review - excels in parts, down in second half

Saw the movie today.

Always wanted to watch this movie First Day itself as the curiosity level was high to know the journey behind MSD.

It was almost 60-70% full and I must admit I was in middle of a group of Dhoni fans.

Now coming in to the movie, The movie starts with the 2011 World Cup Final where we can see Dhoni coming to bat after Virat's wicket. From there the movie moves to a hospital in ranchi on 7th July 1981, where Anupam Kher waits for the birth of his second child. From there on it was a beautiful first half where we see dhoni evolve from his schooling days to teenage, the discovery of him by his school Physical education sir, his journey to indian railways as TC, him failing to make to under 19 wc, the support he receives from his friends and all. The first half was nicely paced with it ending on dhoni resigning his job to fully focus on cricket.

The second half starts promisingly, Dhoni's comeback, his entry into India A and Indian team. It is followed by the romantic angle, first with Disha patani and then with Sakshi, his wife. The move loses steam here as it was more of a mechanical order of showing matches, dhoni's family and friends reaction which became so repetitive. The movie stays away from all controversies and ends up in India's win in 2011.

Performance wise, Sushant has done a remarkable job in completely transforming to Dhoni's character. He excels in the role. All the supporting actors were good, i found disha particularly cute in her debut film.

Positives:
    first half
    sushant
    supporting actors
    good production values
    feel good factor

negatives:
    second half was just average.
    Dhoni's emotions were not portrayed adequately after the incident with Disha and 2007 wc loss. I felt some more detailing would have given a better connection to Dhoni the human being.
    Music was not that good

Verdict: As a cricket lover, it pleased me, but coming from Neeraj Pandey, i expected more especially in the second half . but still the movie is a winner

rating: 3/5

2. Likes Hari, FilmMaker liked this post

Thanks Bhai!

Thanks macha.....

thankz bhai

Sent from my vivo Y31L using Tapatalk
    MEGASTAR KA MEGA FAN

thanks for the review..

Thanks for the Review.........