Page 164 of 272 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2719

Thread: ◄REViEWS OF FOREiGN MOViES► IInd THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    1981.. directed by Andrzej zulawski
    thanks....found it on torrents....if you know more such cult films from the past, please recommend....i am interested in such films because these could be the films that our senior popular directors (like iv sasi, bhadran etc) may have watched and got influenced
    My ratings for last 5 Lalettan movies:
    * 01/24 - Malaikottai Vaaliban - 4/5
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5
    * 10/22 - Monster - 2.6/5
    * 05/22 - 12th Man - 2.5/5

Quote Originally Posted by Oruvan1 View Post
    only movies from 2013 :(
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5

Quote Originally Posted by firecrown View Post
    only movies from 2013 :(
    athu pore...

HD and no ads...

Indiayil open aano this site ?

thanks....found it on torrents....if you know more such cult films from the past, please recommend....i am interested in such films because these could be the films that our senior popular directors (like iv sasi, bhadran etc) may have watched and got influenced
    Definitely will do.
    There's another movie by the same director - on the silver globe..a unique sci fi film.
    I dont know if you have seen his movies, but almost everything made by john carpenter are cult ...halloween, in the mouth of madness are special mentions.. influence of jis movies can be seen in many horror films..
    Another is David Cronenberg (videodrome, scanners). Then Lynch.
    Have to find lesser known movies and directors.

Recently started watching movies of Tarkovsky...his movies are excellent but requires so much patience..like kubrick,i think he has influenced a lot of directors including mollywood ones...

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Definitely will do.
    There's another movie by the same director - on the silver globe..a unique sci fi film.
    I dont know if you have seen his movies, but almost everything made by john carpenter are cult ...halloween, in the mouth of madness are special mentions.. influence of jis movies can be seen in many horror films..
    Another is David Cronenberg (videodrome, scanners). Then Lynch.
    Have to find lesser known movies and directors.

Recently started watching movies of Tarkovsky...his movies are excellent but requires so much patience..like kubrick,i think he has influenced a lot of directors including mollywood ones...
    carpenter, lynch, cronenberg okke kettittulla directors aanu....cult ennu paranjal adhikam aarum kandittillatha or recommend cheyyatha padangal...some streaming platforms have a lot of such films...Tubi enna siteil kure kandu....discovered a lot such films on Tubi...Mario Bava, Jesus Franco ye okke angane kandupidichathanu....had never heard of them before....

lot of these films are from europe....they are low budget but provide ample entertainment....our directors may have been more interested in them because they are remakeble in kerala....big budget hollywood padangal okke remake cheyyan padanu
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5

Macabre (1980)

cult horror movie....sex with a dead person aanu theme....P Chandrakumar may have thought of remaking this film

rating: 3.5/5

* 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5

Quote Originally Posted by Dasettan View Post
    Hard day
    Chaser
    No mercy
    The outlaws
    The merciless
    Headhunters
    The body
    Invisible guest

Sent from my SM-G615F using Tapatalk
    Chaser
    No mercy
    The outlaws and headhunters kandu...... Headhunters award padam aayippoyi
    Ambathooor Singham

carpenter, lynch, cronenberg okke kettittulla directors aanu....cult ennu paranjal adhikam aarum kandittillatha or recommend cheyyatha padangal...some streaming platforms have a lot of such films...Tubi enna siteil kure kandu....discovered a lot such films on Tubi...Mario Bava, Jesus Franco ye okke angane kandupidichathanu....had never heard of them before....

lot of these films are from europe....they are low budget but provide ample entertainment....our directors may have been more interested in them because they are remakeble in kerala....big budget hollywood padangal okke remake cheyyan padanu

Reason i said about those were apart from some movies ,there are really lesser known ones in their filmography...

I think Mario bava was an influence anyway for these directors, especially Carpenter.

Other directors that come to mind are Lucio fulci and amando ossario. Ossario's tombs of the blind dead is special mention. I and my friends used to watch their movies and some were shot very well in horror terms, even though low budget.

You can also check cannibal holocaust,frightmare, spider baby, eyes without a face, house of mortal sin.
    Last edited by Kenny; 04-20-2020 at 12:46 PM.

firecrown post cheyyunna padam ellam b grade padam aanallo .. malayathil attahasam,goshayatra ennokke parayunna pole ulla sambavangal .. :)