Page 165 of 272 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2719

Thread: ◄REViEWS OF FOREiGN MOViES► IInd THREAD

Spies in Disguise:
    Ishtappettilla, not impressed at all.
    Kure comedy okke try cheythittundu, pakshe paranju thenja plot veendu eduthu ittittundu.

Manchester by the Sea:
    Oru buji padam.
    Mothathil oru average item, nalla lag undu.
    Hero-kku Academy award ennu kandu, etho type method acting aanu, namukku kandirikkumpol chorinju kerum.

Cleopatra Jones (1973)

The first film I am seeing in the 'blaxploitation' genre (films which show blacks as the masters, whites as their slaves)....a female centric action film....good imdb rating, a long wiki page....expected a good experience....but disappointed....heroine seemed to be too ashamed to play a macho action role

My ratings for last 5 Lalettan movies:
    * 01/24 - Malaikottai Vaaliban - 4/5
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5
    * 10/22 - Monster - 2.6/5
    * 05/22 - 12th Man - 2.5/5

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Reason i said about those were apart from some movies ,there are really lesser known ones in their filmography...

I think Mario bava was an influence anyway for these directors, especially Carpenter.

Other directors that come to mind are Lucio fulci and amando ossario. Ossario's tombs of the blind dead is special mention. I and my friends used to watch their movies and some were shot very well in horror terms, even though low budget.

You can also check cannibal holocaust,frightmare, spider baby, eyes without a face, house of mortal sin.
    yes....videodrome and blue velvet are cult movies....bizarre subjects ullathokke americans cult aakkum....pinne rape scenes, heavy nudity okke ullathu...even if they like the movie, the won't say to others

recently saw 'dont torture a duckling' by lucio fulci...liked it.

will try your other recommendations.
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5

Quote Originally Posted by jordan View Post
    firecrown post cheyyunna padam ellam b grade padam aanallo .. malayathil attahasam,goshayatra ennokke parayunna pole ulla sambavangal .. :)
    some of them are really good....a lot of people in the west are crazy about such films....Tarantino is a big fan of such films....a lot of companies specialize in 4K restoration of b-grade films
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5

The Peanut Butter Falcon (2019)

The plot of this dramedy may feel overly familiar, but its sweetness and charm are more than enough to approximate true depth and grace. Cleverly written and wonderfully acted, The Peanut Butter Falcon is an uplifting, deeply satisfying experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinemalover View Post
    The Peanut Butter Falcon (2019) The plot of this dramedy may feel overly familiar, but its sweetness and charm are more than enough to approximate true depth and grace. Cleverly written and wonderfully acted, The Peanut Butter Falcon is an uplifting, deeply satisfying experience.
    one of my favourite movies of the last year... to have the guts to actually have a down syndrome person play the character rather than make some actor portray the part was really refreshing... and of course, dakota is a beauty... shia was crazy... and the whole plot was wacky... and jake the snake bought back memories of watching wwf...

7. Likes Cinemalover liked this post

Forgotten-: Superb film.......climax aayirunnu best part movieyile...emotionally vallaand haunt cheyyunna type padam....anyaaya screenplay thanne aanu....twist kure und...thrill maathram alla valare relate cheyyaan pattunna poole aanu eduthirikkunnath.....overall brilliant movie 4/5(recommended).....

Extraction (Netflix, 2020)

Based on the graphic novel 'Ciudad' by Ande Parks, Extraction is undeniably fun with slick action. With its enjoyable formula and sumptuous set pieces, this one is a guaranteed blockbuster for Netflix.

There is a seemingly unbroken 11 minute take as Hemsworth attempts to escape with the boy through the crammed streets and alleys of Dhaka - Boy Oh Boy

6 Underground and now this one - Netflix, more of this kind, please
    Last edited by Cinemalover; 04-25-2020 at 01:51 AM.

Extraction

Pankaj Tripathy is an imprisoned crime lord in India. Rival crime lord in Bangladesh will kidnap his son and will demand ransom. Since, banks accounts are froze, he can't make the payment. Randeep Hooda will devise a plan to use Chris Hemworth, a mercenary, for the extraction of the kid. But saving the kid from the entire underworld and police is not that simple and every plan works well only till the first step ....

Loved the premise and action sequences. Though, I have to say certain things like, every household in Bangladesh watching Bollywood songs and overly attachment of the kidnapped kid with Chris, etc felt odd in an otherwise finely crafted movie...

4/5
    When truth is a fantasy, reality lies ..
    Na
    rayana ..
    . Narayana ...

The Willoughbys

The Willoughbys are of great descend. There were poets, counts and even kings in their family tree. And every one of them sported a magnificent mustache, that is until the last one. Mr. Willoughby has only a scrawny mustache and heart. He has eyes only for Mrs. Willoughby and the children are always neglected.
    To save the family name and themselves the kids will decide to off their parents .... Yes, if you love stories about families that stick together, this isn't the film for you, okay !

A whimsical animation movie with warmth, humour, and catchy songs ...

4/5
    When truth is a fantasy, reality lies ..
    Na
    rayana ..
    . Narayana ...