Page 261 of 272 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 2719

Thread: ◄REViEWS OF FOREiGN MOViES► IInd THREAD

Expendables 2 :

Best of the franchise.
    You have Bruce villis, stallone and Schwarzenegger on the same screen kicking action.

Runtime is 1 hr 40 min.. Perfect... But somehow pacing is still off.

Small negative - you have freaking van Damme as a villain and not one good action sequence with him ????

3/5

Scream 6 :

Those who follow scream franchise know our expectations are completely ground level. Zero. Nil.

That's said, this one still manages to be watchable.... It is self aware.... Trolls the franchise itself several times. So that's ok.

But killed off my fav Samara weaving in the first scenes.. Minus points for that.
    Also predictable.

2.5/5

Ford vs ferrari :

Decent racing movie....... Technical side all perfect.. Top notch cinematography, well shot racing scenes.

Though it lacks that emotional gut punch of Rush (2013) which I consider a far superior film. It also had a better soundtrack by Hans zimmer.

Ford vs ferrari
    3/5

the cooler (2003)- neatly made romance/thriller starring william h marcy. kaanathavar indel kandu nokku. ishtavum.

The Pope's exorcist :

Waste of time....

Bland horror film featuring longest exorcism climax scene with cheaptest VFX available.

Devoid of any horrors...

Strangely Russel crowe reminded me of our swantham Lalettan........
    1/5

Missing :

Engaging from start to finish... If you liked Searching & mystery thrillers, definitely do watch this too.....

Enough twists and turns in the plot 👌
    No boring moment in the whole 1hr 45 min

4/5

John Wick 4: rented 4K digital print from AppleTV for Rs.150 and watched on 55" 4K TV. It was not as good as 1 & 3. First two hours is build up for last 1 hour of continuous fight. In the first two hours, liked the fight with the fat guy. In the last 1 hour, liked the fight in the mansion with the fire gun. One of the villains being blind was also kind of embarrassing.

JW1 - 7/10
    JW2 - 6/10
    JW3 - 7/10
    JW4 - 6/10
    My ratings for last 5 Lalettan movies:
    * 01/24 - Malaikottai Vaaliban - 4/5
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5
    * 10/22 - Monster - 2.6/5
    * 05/22 - 12th Man - 2.5/5

7. Likes Ali Bhai liked this post

The Pope's Exorcist: 2nd 4K rental of the month from Apple. I really liked this movie especially the events of the climax. It will be a spoiler if I say why I liked those events.

Rating: 4/5

I am becoming an Apple rental addict after getting 4K TV. Hopefully I won't feel like renting any more this month
    My ratings for last 5 Lalettan movies:
    * 01/24 - Malaikottai Vaaliban - 4/5
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5
    * 10/22 - Monster - 2.6/5
    * 05/22 - 12th Man - 2.5/5

The Flash

My first FDFS after more than a decade. I thought the movie going to be released on 16th. And just checked the booking conditions and found that the movie is already released and seats are vacant !!
    Flash's father is on trial for murdering his mother and there is nothing much to prove his innocence. Flash goes back in time to change his past and hell breaks out. This is basically the story.
    The movie is funny, emotional and checks every box neatly.
    I watched it in 2D. And experience was really great.
    4/5
    When truth is a fantasy, reality lies ..
    Na
    rayana ..
    . Narayana ...

10. Likes Ali Bhai liked this post

HOST (2020):

5 friends online video chatting. They try to play a game of summoning spirits.

You know what happens next..

A decent small horror film (or can be a short film as runtime is only 1 hr).... Few good scenes and jumpscares..
    3/5

Full movie is in YouTube... Link below

https://youtu.be/HQTM_vlvVbk
    Last edited by Ali Bhai; 06-19-2023 at 10:57 AM.

Evil Dead rise :

Had a lot of fun watching this.......plot is the same as the original evil Dead. Book of the dead gets opened and the spirits are back to hunt.

Lots and lots of blood and gore.... Enough to satisfy evil Dead and horror fans..
    Thumbs up from me 👍👍

3.5/5