Page 68 of 272 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: ◄REViEWS OF FOREiGN MOViES► IInd THREAD

CARS 3. Huge fan of the first part. Second disappointed heavily. This one is back on track. Lightning McQueen is getting old. Rookie racer with an attitude Johnson Storm is storming the scene. Statistics & analysts point out that its time he hung his tires. When one of his billionaire admirers builds up a state-of-the-art training center, he thinks it is for him to get back to racing. When truth dawns that it is about turning him into a retired legendary brand, he comes up with the best line of the movie: 'I'll decide when I'm done.'' He goes back searching for his roots. He goes back to training to race Storm one last time. In the final race, he gets off the track & does something which gives him more satisfaction than had he raced & won. Script is good. Narration is good. Voice-over, like all Pixar movies, is top. Especially Owen Wilson, Chris Cooper & Larry the Cable Guy. Animation is excellent. Overall, satisfying movie.

2. Likes kiran liked this post

Atomic Blonde

Charlize Theron and her stimulating moves are fair enough reasons to give this a try.Keeping that aside,Atomic Blonde isn't entirely engaging,it's just a decent flick which has few enthralling moments.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Mohanlal | SRK | Prithviraj | Dulquer | Ranbir | Vijay

A Year of the Quiet Sun
    Set in poland after t
    he war, film tells the story of an american soldier and a polish widow who falls for each other, They dont speak each others language but ther romance involves unspoken human emotions for other .. mostly shot in the ruins of a city but the rich Cinematography artistically combines lights and color as if we are in a fantasy land.

Rate : 4..5/5

Thor: Ragnarok

Thor: Ragnarok is everything a Marvel fan would ever crave for,it is yet another immensely entertaining stuff wrapped around a visually splendid narrative.The flawless blend of every requisite MCU element along with a bunch of rollicking comedies made this damn hilarious,indeed the most hilarious.

Final Thoughts : Thor: Ragnarok is a wholesome entertainer !

Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge (Part 5)

Huge disappointment.
    Maybe the worst or tied with part 3.
    Jack sparrow disappointed big time, acting drunk throughout makes it a boring affair.
    The story seems just to extend the series. The graphics were also not to the standards Hollywood got now.
    Better stop the series than dragging it like this, through son, daughter and grandson and all bullshit.

The Dark Tower

A visually extravagant narrative is not enough to make a cinema gripping,The Dark Tower belongs to those category of movies that reckons solely on its brilliant production values.

Amittyville the awakening -English ,watchable horoor movie movie 3/5
    amittville incident vechulla ethramathe spin off movie anu ethennu vare parayan pattillennu thonunnu..

Ee incident nadanna amittyville le veendu last year il veendum real easteate market il vannirunnu ,I think some body brought it for 850000 $
    112 ocean avenue amittyville New York ..

watched two films that came with high praise, and left me a tad underwhelmed.
    Whiplash is classic coming-of-age underdog drama in a fresh setting. terrific performances (especially Simmons), but couldn't connect with much of it.
    I don't feel at home in this world anymore has a good lead character and her basic grouse with the world -- "why are people such a**holes?" -- is something at least some of us would relate to. the way they set the first half up is very interesting. the humour is dark and there's a steady supply of irony and weird-so-cool people. but after the plot shifts gears, it tends to rush and it all turns sort of haywire.
    on the brighter side of the week, quite enjoyed The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected). I generally like these films about motley families with an ageing matriarch/patriarch. engaging drama with the right touch of quirky. lovely writing and it has dustin hoffman, ben stiller and adam sandler in a solid ensemble.
    Be kind, rewind.

Justice League

Justice League may not content everyone,rather it will not rise up to the huge expectations set by that prompting trailer.Nevertheless,a remarkably indulging narrative comprising of some jaw-dropping stunts and plenty of goosebumps moments makes this really entertaining.

Final Word : Justice League entertains,and that's indeed a fair enough reason to give this a go !