Page 70 of 272 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: ◄REViEWS OF FOREiGN MOViES► IInd THREAD

The Snowman

The Snowman features a top-notch ensemble cast,but the film is hardly intriguing.The finale is quite captivating,but the thrills are mostly scattered and inconsistent which in turn makes this a half-baked murder mystery.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Mohanlal | SRK | Prithviraj | Dulquer | Ranbir | Vijay

saw four brothers recently..good street smart movie.. wahlbergs bobby is different from our bilal, hes a street smart rowdy and talks a lot. four lead actors camaraderie is cool. the mom character has an affair in the original hehe.
    hats off to unni and amal, they have beautifully adapted it. proves their expertise.

Ferdinand

Much like most of the animated flicks,Ferdinand offers a delightful experience.The plot is indeed wafer-thin,nevertheless a splendid voice cast and some superbly crafted sequences makes this a good watch.

The Breakfast Club

This 1985 comedy drama is an incredible piece of work,with exceptional performances and a magnificent soundtrack,it draws your interest on a great note.The Breakfast Club still looks novel,and it's really entertaining.

Jumanji : Welcome to the Jungle

A remarkable lead cast comprising of Dwayne Johnson,Kevin Hart,Jack Black and Karen Gillan,and a highly enthralling narrative backed by that superlative visual extravaganza makes it a faithful sequel to the celebrated classic 'Jumanji'.To sum it up,the second installment in the Jumanji franchise is the kind of film that can be easily called blockbuster entertainment.

Happy New Year Folks

DUNKIRK. this is not a positive review. if at all there is any positive, that is the unfurling vision of a director. read somewhere it was written by nolan himself and it was just 76 pages; minimal dialogues being the prime reason. the things i liked about the movies are, there is no depiction of the enemy (germans), there are no churchill and generals board-room meetings and ofcourse its not an american episode by nature. it takes place at three places, on the land over a week, over the waters over a day and up in the sky over an hour, coupled with edits that nolan is well-known for. being a historical you know those lads are going to make it back home. its only a matter of time and about how long they can withstand the oncoming fighter jets. what put me off, is the lack of drama considering the huge amounts of it mostly seen in nolan movies. i mean (this might sound lame), i can accept a mallick or bigelow taking this documentary approach, definitely not something i would associate with a nolan. yeah, he might be elevated to the echelons of greatest film-makers with this one, i would rather him take on james bond with a martini twist.

FK Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    DUNKIRK. this is not a positive review. if at all there is any positive, that is the unfurling vision of a director. read somewhere it was written by nolan himself and it was just 76 pages; minimal dialogues being the prime reason. the things i liked about the movies are, there is no depiction of the enemy (germans), there are no churchill and generals board-room meetings and ofcourse its not an american episode by nature. it takes place at three places, on the land over a week, over the waters over a day and up in the sky over an hour, coupled with edits that nolan is well-known for. being a historical you know those lads are going to make it back home. its only a matter of time and about how long they can withstand the oncoming fighter jets. what put me off, is the lack of drama considering the huge amounts of it mostly seen in nolan movies. i mean (this might sound lame), i can accept a mallick or bigelow taking this documentary approach, definitely not something i would associate with a nolan. yeah, he might be elevated to the echelons of greatest film-makers with this one, i would rather him take on james bond with a martini twist.
    Did you watch it in theater or in laptop? Theater-il kandappol kili poyi.. Visually engane oru story parayaam ennullathinte oru good example. I loved the experience.
    Another thing I noticed is the last shot where Tommy reads the newspaper in front of Alex and looks up at Alex. The film ends with an abrupt cut on Tommy's face.
    I tried to connect Tommy's last look with the scene inside the boat on the beach where Alex accuses Gibson of being a spy and says that Gibson doesn't speak much because people will catch him because of his fake accent/poor english vocabulary. Enikku enthukondo thonni that Tommy is a spy and he was looking at Alex to check whether Alex caught his fake accent while reading the newspaper.
    I know its a far fetched theory :):):):)

The Greatest Showman

Hugh Jackman's befitting portrayal of P.T. Barnum,brilliant musical tracks,and top-notch production values are the key factors that holds this film together.The Greatest Showman may not stagger you with its novelty,nevertheless it's quite impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Surajmr View Post
    Did you watch it in theater or in laptop? Theater-il kandappol kili poyi.. Visually engane oru story parayaam ennullathinte oru good example. I loved the experience.
    Another thing I noticed is the last shot where Tommy reads the newspaper in front of Alex and looks up at Alex. The film ends with an abrupt cut on Tommy's face.
    I tried to connect Tommy's last look with the scene inside the boat on the beach where Alex accuses Gibson of being a spy and says that Gibson doesn't speak much because people will catch him because of his fake accent/poor english vocabulary. Enikku enthukondo thonni that Tommy is a spy and he was looking at Alex to check whether Alex caught his fake accent while reading the newspaper.
    A film like Dunkirk should not be viewed in laptop. It's a must theater watch movie and that too in high class sound and clarity. I watched it from Aries Plex Trivandrum and I was so immersed in the movie. The background from Hans zimmer was perfect matching.
    This is more kind of visual story than drama. So watching in laptop would be boring.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

10. Likes Surajmr liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Surajmr View Post
    alex feels they have lost the cause, people will boo them off the streets... for him he is a failure to the war... then there is the churchill address in the newspaper which calls dunkirk 'a colossal military disaster'... the last look of tommy's seemed more of a gullible one to me... tommy is confused... what was dunkirk really? was it a victory? was it a defeat?

Visually engane oru story parayaam ennullathinte oru good example.
    now this is where i would have to disagree with you... visually story parayaan ivide story enthiye? it is based on true events and taken without drama or cinematic liberties... basically it is a 100 million budget nolan documentary... agree that i did not watch it in theater and lost out on the grandeur or splendor, but tell me something, what about me watching 'ben-hur' or 'gone with the wind' today? it still amazes me, irrespective of the size of the screen i watch it on. i agree dunkirk is an experience and it did really amaze me. my only concern is it did not have enough drama.