Page 75 of 272 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: ◄REViEWS OF FOREiGN MOViES► IInd THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post

BORG MCENROE.

Of the players I have read and watched highlights, I seem to be a fan of the 'gentleman' - Borg & Edberg (not McEnroe or Becker)... but of the players I have watched live on television or of these recent times, the 'rebel' has fascinated me - Agassi & Nadal (not Sampras or Federer). Wonder where I lost it.

@Giggs @Viru @BangaloreaN @renjuus @reader @SREEJITH.KP @moovybuf @ParamasivaM
    On similar lines, I was a big fan of Ivanisevic.
    The feeling towards Sampras and Federer was 'respect', while that towards Goran and Rafa was 'fanship'.
    Goran was more of an underdog against Sampras, whereas Rafa was always a good opponent for Federer.

2. Likes Perumthachan liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by BangaloreaN View Post
    On similar lines, I was a big fan of Ivanisevic. The feeling towards Sampras and Federer was 'respect', while that towards Goran and Rafa was 'fanship'.
    Goran was more of an underdog against Sampras, whereas Rafa was always a good opponent for Federer.
    used to love ivanisevic serves... lightning bolt aces....

BORG MCENROE. The psychology behind the classic Ice and Fire legends before the 1980 Wimbledon Final considered the greatest tennis game ever played. Bjorn was out for his fifth consecutive English title. McEnroe was the new kid on the block. Bjorn was not always the IceBorg. There was a time in his younger days when anger got the best out of him. John was not always the Ferocious McEnroe. There was a time in his younger days when he imitated his idol Borg by wearing a headgear and hanging picture of him on his bedroom wall. It needed a 4-time Wimbledon quarter-final losing coach for Borg to realise that the real game should not be played on the field but it should be inside one's own head. That's what made Bjorn the 100% perfection, 0% emotion focus oriented Borg. The anger, the anguish, the hate, the love, the fear... play all that out on the next ball. It needed McEnroe senior to realise his son found his focus in his brash temperament. He distractions and his volatile often un-gentlemanly emotions towards them made him the most hated player on the circuit. The final is shot luxuriously yet thrilling with a fitting cimax where both these men vanquish their devils. What I found most exciting is, outside the two might have nothing in common, probably the most contrasting people ever to pick up a racket but inside, they are the same. I am a fan of 'Amadeus', I loved 'Rush'. I have not seen many movies on tennis less even the rivalry between two top great tennis players. The movie might have its flaws, I don't know, I loved it and I recommend it to fans of movies and movie fans who are fans of tennis.

Of the players I have read and watched highlights, I seem to be a fan of the 'gentleman' - Borg & Edberg (not McEnroe or Becker)... but of the players I have watched live on television or of these recent times, the 'rebel' has fascinated me - Agassi & Nadal (not Sampras or Federer). Wonder where I lost it.

@Giggs @Viru @BangaloreaN @renjuus @reader @SREEJITH.KP @moovybuf @ParamasivaM
    Thanks,adhyayite kelkune will try to watch.....Haven't watched them play live videosum adhikam kanditilla so valya idea illa

I thought 2008 wimbly final bw federer and nadal was the greatest tennis match,Will try to catch up the highlights of 1980 final anyway

Federer is one and the only player fascinated me and he's still fascinating its not just about tennis

In cricket i adore the game of virender sehwag and de villiers due to their unique style the same in football to cristiano,zidane,figo and modric for some obvious reasons but watching federer is a different feeling whole together.He is definitely the best sports man of this generation.The maestro has got the attitude and personality of a true champion apart from the artistry work

Have lot of respect to rafa he is adrenaline pumping staff,a terrific competitor with supernatural athleticism but due to the never ending rivalry i never enjoyed his success just like messi
    BEL20VED

5. Likes Perumthachan liked this post
    FK Visitor

Watched 'Molly's game'.
    I liked it. Watched it for the director. I don't know how much its related to the real story. I haven't checked it yet
    The 'take-home' thing for me was the integrity of the character. Pakshe kurachu koodi thrilling aakkaamaayirunnu because there were court scenes and Russian mafia was involved. Good watch.. not a single boring moment. Recommended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu4UPet8Nyc

The Commuter

The Commuter has nothing much to rave about,still a great Liam Neeson and few generic thrills works in favor of this cinema.The Commuter has its share of similarities with the director's previous work 'Non-Stop' which also starred Liam Neeson in the lead,nevertheless this is a decent action thriller.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Mohanlal | SRK | Prithviraj | Dulquer | Ranbir | Vijay

Gertrud

dreyude last film aayrnnu, irangiyappol orupaadu critize cheyyapetta work aayrnnu. long takes, silences athinte koode uncertainity of characters angane ulla oru theme aayrnnu.. coppolo mumb actorsine kurich paranath pole katha parayuga alla kathayude mood create cheyyuga maatram aanu inger cheyyuga..

ingerude previous padangal kandathil Days of wrath intresting theme aayrnnu, joan arc athu pole engaging aayrnnu, ordet koodi kaanann und.

ROMAN J. ISRAEL, ESQ. idealism niranja activist lawyer (Denzel Washington). case studies nadathuka briefs thayyaraakuka ennallaathe oru divasam polum kodathiyil poyi vaadhichittilla. athu cheythondirunna thante partner paralysed aavumbo, kaaryangal onnum ithuvare nadannondirunnathu thaan vichaarichapole alla ennu manasilaakunnu. principlesum idealsum okke aayittu firm aake nashtathil aanu. firm ettedukunna corporate firm head (Colin Farrell) adhehathe support cheyaan shremikkunnu kaaranam adhehathinu avaan saadhikaathe poyathu aayondu. pala sandharbhangalil phalamaayittu thante idealism okke waste aanennu thonnunna hero oru thettu cheyunnu. thaan ithuvare nilakondu aadarshangal ellaam vendaannuvechu. how the hypocrite in him starts to eat him is the rest of the plot. denzel, as expected, great performance. 'nightcrawlers' cheytha dan gilroyde 2nd film, so you can expect how the mood and tone of the movie will be.

Mom and Dad

A premise that's extremely bizarre,totally insane performances by Nicolas Cage and Salma Blair,and a slick and outlandish narrative - Mom and Dad is completely an unusual cinema,and yes it does entertain.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Mohanlal | SRK | Prithviraj | Dulquer | Ranbir | Vijay

FK Visitor

ROMAN J. ISRAEL, ESQ.
    'nightcrawlers' cheytha dan gilroyde 2nd film, so you can expect how the mood and tone of the movie will be.
    Night crawlers was a gem of a movie. Athile characterization asaadhyamaayirunnu.

FK Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Cinemalover View Post
    Mom and Dad
    A premise that's extremely bizarre,totally insane performances by Nicolas Cage and Salma Blair,and a slick and outlandish narrative - Mom and Dad is completely an unusual cinema,and yes it does entertain.
    Premise kollaam.. padam bore aayi thonni. Didn't like it.