Page 84 of 272 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: ◄REViEWS OF FOREiGN MOViES► IInd THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    frankly, it did not matter whether they find the killer or not... the rape and murder are never shown, simple because this is not a revenge/thriller movie... its more about how a series of events effect the lives of certain fractured people associated with the events... can't say billboards is a thriller... more of a drama definitely... would even call it a black comedy movie... not a thriller definitely...
    Doesn't that matter? There are many thrillers where prime motive crime behind the movie was not shown! primal fear, anatomy of murder and all never shw actual murder...
    <a href=http://www.forumkeralam.in/forum/signaturepics/sigpic5035_57.gif target=_blank>http://www.forumkeralam.in/forum/sig...pic5035_57.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by PunchHaaji View Post
    Doesn't that matter? There are many thrillers where prime motive crime behind the movie was not shown! primal fear, anatomy of murder and all never shw actual murder...
    exactly my point. does primal fear show richard gere or edward norton go for a change in behaviour. does 'anatomy of murder' show james stewart go for a change in behaviour. no. because if the former was a psychological thriller, the later was a investigative thriller. the crime was not shown to keep up the suspense. whereas, in 'billboards' the main characters undergo a gamut of behavioural changes. the crime is not shown because it has nothing to do with the crime at all. the crime is just a symbol of tragedy, a symbol of spark to get things going. first 30 minutes into the movie, do you, by any extreme stretch of imagination, imagine that the characters of mcdormand and rockwell would end up going on a journey together in the end. no. complete diverse and complex characters. to be more specific, the two would have even been villains in any other movie. you have a foul-mouthed mother who refuses her car to her daughter and even sportingly agrees she gets raped. and you have a racist police officer who has no respect for the down-trodden or the meek. and what happens is both undergo a humanitarian change under the circumstances they have to endure.

3. Likes Surajmr liked this post

Tomb Raider

Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft is truly enthralling,still the film as a whole isn't much exciting.Tomb Raider reckons on it's technical fineness,but even the CGI is overdone at times.Watch out for Alicia as she is in remarkable form,but this action-adventure could have been a lot better if it had something beyond its visual splendor.

Alicia

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Mohanlal | SRK | Prithviraj | Dulquer | Ranbir | Vijay

Batman : Under the Red Hood

Watched it again !
    This really is a damn good film

Quote Originally Posted by Cinemalover View Post
    Batman : Under the Red Hood

Watched it again !
    This really is a damn good film

Animated film Ano?

I remember reading some article about a Batman animated film from the early -mid 90s ... it's considered pretty good.... forgot the whole name 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesfanboy View Post
    Animated film Ano?

I remember reading some article about a Batman animated film from the early -mid 90s ... it's considered pretty good.... forgot the whole name 🤔
    Yeah,it's an animated movie !
    One of the finest films based on DC comics

DARKEST HOUR. biopic of Winston Churchill. can't say a biopic actually, it is events that happen over a span of days. one of my fav actors Gary Oldman notches the Academy for his portrayal of the much-misunderstood, temperamental Churchill who takes up the post of prime minister when his predecessor had to step down for not being able to thwart Hitler's progress through Western hemisphere. poland is down. belgium is down, holland is down. france is about to. next would be uk. british soldiers are stranded in dunkirk and calais. defeat is almost certain. but churchill won't bend down to the king, he won't bend down to the parliament, he won't bend down to the opposition, because he goes out among the people on day who encourage him to keep fighting till the last and thats what he intends to do. the movie has made churchill into a lovable, funny and quirky character.

Default His Girl Friday

His Girl Friday (1940)
    directed by Howard Hawks
    written by Charles Lederer
    starring Cary Grant, Rosalind Russell, Ralph Bellamy and Gene Lockhart
    music by Sidney Cutner & Felix Mills
    cinematography: Joseph Walker
    editing by Gene Havlick

Cary Grant stars as a newspapaer editor Walter Burns who tries to get back his ex-wife reporter Hildy Johson played by Rosalind Russell who plans to marry Bruce Baldwin (Ralph Bellamy). The chemistry between Grant and Rosalind Russell is just spectacular. A noted thing about this film is the dialogue which is spoken at bullet speed! This of course has influenced people like Quentin Tarantino who is a fan of Hawks and of that fast driven dialogue used in the film. Its also one of Clint Eastwoods favs, he probably saw it as a child.

One of the best screwball comedies from the classical Hollywood era.

This film is in public domain now.

days of heaven..kaanatha aarelum undel kaanu..must watch..most beautifully cinematographed cinema i have seen. one more thing, this movie will never age.
    highy recommended.

5/5

women in dunes kandu

orwellinte animal farm pole Highly symbolic aaya oru plot aanu, padam kandu kazhiyumbol aa plot pala reethiyil nammukk intrepret cheyyaam.. nalla oru work