Page 117 of 272 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2719

Thread: ◄REViEWS OF FOREiGN MOViES► IInd THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    hmm... was never a fan of Asterix... grew up more on Tintin.
    Asterix books onnum vaayichittille...??? Oru vol 24 vare kidu aanu .... Chirichu oru level aakum ... Uderzo mathram ullathonnum valya gunam illa...
    When truth is a fantasy, reality lies ..
    Na
    rayana ..
    . Narayana ...

Quote Originally Posted by Naradhan View Post
    Asterix books onnum vaayichittille...??? Oru vol 24 vare kidu aanu .... Chirichu oru level aakum ... Uderzo mathram ullathonnum valya gunam illa...
    7-8 എണ്ണം വായിച്ചിട്ടുണ്ടാവും... ശരിക്കും ബോറടിച്ചതായിട്ടു ഓർക്കുന്നു... പിന്നെ തുറന്നു നോക്കിയിട്ടില്ല...

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    7-8 എണ്ണം വായിച്ചിട്ടുണ്ടാവും... ശരിക്കും ബോറടിച്ചതായിട്ടു ഓർക്കുന്നു... പിന്നെ തുറന്നു നോക്കിയിട്ടില്ല...
    Ok ..... Vol 24-nu shesham ullathaano .... ? Enkil sariyaanu ... Bore aanu ... 1-24 kidu aanu ....
    Motham 36 ennam undu...
    When truth is a fantasy, reality lies ..
    Na
    rayana ..
    . Narayana ...

Quote Originally Posted by Naradhan View Post
    Ok ..... Vol 24-nu shesham ullathaano .... ? Enkil sariyaanu ... Bore aanu ... 1-24 kidu aanu .... Motham 36 ennam undu...
    Volume, title ഒന്നും ഓർമ്മയില്ല... കുട്ടിക്കാലത്തു വായിച്ചതാ... Tintin ആണേ, 1-25 volumes book format ആയിട്ടുമുണ്ട്, pdf format ആയിട്ടുമുണ്ട്...

5. Likes Naradhan liked this post

Personal Shopper
    tempting to call this a supernatural thriller but I'm not sure, really. gripping, superbly acted (Kristen Stewart, beautiful in all that sadness, is flat out brilliant) with a teasing, open end. worth every rave it has had.
    need to re-watch to connect some ends but it's a stunning film. I like these lonely-in-the-crowd floaters and there are glimpses of beautiful Paris. can't complain. 4/5
    Be kind, rewind.

THE INVISIBLE GUEST

A superb thriller, definitely worth a watch. Heard it is the original movie from which BADLA was made.
    I watched it in Spanish with English subtitles on Netflix. Somewhere, it was drawing to a predictable climax but still accepting it when you actually see it was hard. The camerawork and grey shade colour tone throughout the movie is a standout!

4/5

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cinemasnehi123 View Post
    THE INVISIBLE GUEST

A superb thriller, definitely worth a watch. Heard it is the original movie from which BADLA was made.
    I watched it in Spanish with English subtitles on Netflix. Somewhere, it was drawing to a predictable climax but still accepting it when you actually see it was hard. The camerawork and grey shade colour tone throughout the movie is a standout!

4/5

(with spoilers)
    very gripping but I thought it didn't have that edginess which makes a good thriller great.
    the adultery, crime and guilt setting doesn't hold a lot of surprises, so that's an issue to start with. the big twist was not all too convincing either.
    i liked the fact that at many points, we are led away -- without us knowing it -- from the actual course of events. very smartly done with all those multiple versions.
    wonder what they've done with Badla. ini kaanaan oru ithilla.
    Be kind, rewind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    (with spoilers)
    very gripping but I thought it didn't have that edginess which makes a good thriller great.
    the adultery, crime and guilt setting doesn't hold a lot of surprises, so that's an issue to start with. the big twist was not all too convincing either.
    i liked the fact that at many points, we are led away -- without us knowing it -- from the actual course of events. very smartly done with all those multiple versions.
    wonder what they've done with Badla. ini kaanaan oru ithilla.
    For me, it was a good thriller because you know something has happened but you don't know how everything has been covered up. At each instance, the audience is fooled by the different interpretations the story could have taken.

Especially, when the advocate finds out it was the male protagonist who did everything & put the blame out on a dead person who cannot be prosecuted, the brilliance of the scriptwriter was evident. It was quite unpredictable for me.

Those are the small things which surprised me, but as you said, the ending wasn't unpredictable or even convincing.

Truly deserves a watch though, for people who admire psychological thrillers.

invisible guest..ivdeyum athano discussion...worth watching...somehow i figured out the suspense much earlier....the face was striking to me, athanu prashnam aayathu..overall an ok cinema

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    Personal Shopper
    tempting to call this a supernatural thriller but I'm not sure, really. gripping, superbly acted (Kristen Stewart, beautiful in all that sadness, is flat out brilliant) with a teasing, open end. worth every rave it has had.
    need to re-watch to connect some ends but it's a stunning film. I like these lonely-in-the-crowd floaters and there are glimpses of beautiful Paris. can't complain. 4/5
    Twilight series'nu sheshamulla Kristen Stewart'nte performance oke nannayirunnu.... personal shopper,camp X ray,clouds of sils Maria, certain women...mothathil oru maturity vannittundu.