Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 2719

Thread: ◄REViEWS OF FOREiGN MOViES► IInd THREAD

CHARLIES' ANGELS (2019)
    Average movie, good action sequences.
    Nothing great, but watchable entertainer

PARASITE:
    Good film.
    First half kandappol ithentha Dileep-Ukri padam aano ennu thonni
    Padam pakuthi ayappol kathayude mood maari, Korean padam nilavaram aayi.
    Second half, climax, post climax ellam nannayittundu.
    Full sub-titles vayichulla padam kaanal kurachu paadu thanne.

Knives Out

The movie starts with the death of a wealthy Detective Novelist and someone has hired detective Benoit Blanc (Daniel Craig) to investigate the death. The nurse of the deceased, Marta Cabrera (Ana de Armas), is physically incapable of lying. If she even think about lying, she will start vomiting. Then we will be cast in to Agatha Christie-type world of whodunit, where each member of the family has a reason to kill. However, the death looks like a suicide. Is it actually a suicide?
    The movie has some hilarious jokes .... Good direction and decent screen play..... The only negative I felt is the emotionless Chris Evans ....

3.5/5
    When truth is a fantasy, reality lies ..
    Na
    rayana ..
    . Narayana ...

OUT OF AFRICA:
    Overall okayish movie.
    Direction and cinematography stand out.
    Bit too lengthy and over-detailed at times.

BRIDGES Of MADISON COUNTY:
    Overall good.
    Did not feel like a 'Cult Classic' as hailed in social media.
    Heavy subject, decent presentation but bit unrealistic considering the period and the characters.
    Climax portions were class.

In you opinion, who is the best English (lead) actress (Hollywood, British) in terms of acting?

I read many praising Meryl Streep as the best ever but I consider her only a decent to good actress after watching 3 of her main movies recently.
    I went through Academy Awards list, there is no actress dominating unlike Indian awards.

@Naradhan @jordan @Santi @ballu @Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by BangaloreaN View Post
    In you opinion, who is the best English (lead) actress (Hollywood, British) in terms of acting?

I read many praising Meryl Streep as the best ever but I consider her only a decent to good actress after watching 3 of her main movies recently.
    I went through Academy Awards list, there is no actress dominating unlike Indian awards.

@Naradhan @jordan @Santi @ballu @Dylan

hollywoodil merly strepp last generationile nalla actress ayirnnu .. avarude accent and make over aanu kooduthal attractive.. pakshe nalla depth ula perfomance bergman,godard filmsile actress aanu .. oru long shotil thanne avar oru padu convey aagum

ivarekaalum ellam pazhe classic hollywood actress mele aayittu toniyittund especially their comedy and emotional scenes perfomance.. kure per und..

Quote Originally Posted by jordan View Post
    hollywoodil merly strepp last generationile nalla actress ayirnnu .. avarude accent and make over aanu kooduthal attractive.. pakshe nalla depth ula perfomance bergman,godard filmsile actress aanu .. oru long shotil thanne avar oru padu convey aagum

ivarekaalum ellam pazhe classic hollywood actress mele aayittu toniyittund especially their comedy and emotional scenes perfomance.. kure per und..
    Do you like to name a few, from 1960s onwards?

I like Julie Andrews from Mary Poppins and Sound of Music.
    In fact Mary Poppins is the only English film I watched in my childhood, and is still among my personal favourites.

Emma Thompson I felt a good actress based on 'Sense and Sensibility'. Planning to watch 'Howards End' this week.

Jodie Foster valiya actress anennu vayichittundu, but Silence of the Lambs kandittilla.

MARRIAGE STORY. hooked me from the start where the two leads employ monologues about each other. we feel they are the perfect couple. then it all starts to crumble. wonderful movie. the dialogues were so refreshing to hear. the buildup of romance in the midst of a destructive divorce was a compelling movie narrative. the performances of adam, scarlett, liotta and dern were brilliant. baumbach is turning out to be my favourite writer of emotions out there. all his movies are on my recommended list. and this one is there, right on top. adam and scarlett would get my vote for the oscars.

Quote Originally Posted by BangaloreaN View Post
    Do you like to name a few, from 1960s onwards?

I like Julie Andrews from Mary Poppins and Sound of Music.
    In fact Mary Poppins is the only English film I watched in my childhood, and is still among my personal favourites.

Emma Thompson I felt a good actress based on 'Sense and Sensibility'. Planning to watch 'Howards End' this week.

Jodie Foster valiya actress anennu vayichittundu, but Silence of the Lambs kandittilla.
    Ingane oru list eluppaam alla.. boys dont cry, monster,reader,crazy/beautiful,mullholland,black swan,blue valentine okke nalla perfomance aayrunnu actress..

julai roberts,cate blanchet, jennifer lawrence nalla graceful aaya perfo aanu ..

Athinu mumb kure per und .. pettanu orthu edukkaan pattilla..

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    MARRIAGE STORY. hooked me from the start where the two leads employ monologues about each other. we feel they are the perfect couple. then it all starts to crumble. wonderful movie. the dialogues were so refreshing to hear. the buildup of romance in the midst of a destructive divorce was a compelling movie narrative. the performances of adam, scarlett, liotta and dern were brilliant. baumbach is turning out to be my favourite writer of emotions out there. all his movies are on my recommended list. and this one is there, right on top. adam and scarlett would get my vote for the oscars.
    dialgoes okke kidu aanu , aa argumentinte idayil ingane entho parayund..

You shouldn't be upset that I fu*&* her , You should be upset that I had a laugh with her ..

:)