Page 259 of 272 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 2719

Thread: ◄REViEWS OF FOREiGN MOViES► IInd THREAD

Making 5/5. Technical side 5/5

Plot/story/narration : 1/5

Couldn't finish.. Huge disappointment for me....

That initial 15 min till tite card.... Mwahh French kiss..... After that it all goes down....

I though this was going to be the next City of God........

Athevide kidakkunu... Ithevide kidakunnu.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Bhai View Post
    Athena :

Due to lack of time could only watch initial 15 min till title credit.

Njettichu kalanju...... Making 👌👌

Will post review after complete watch..

Glass onion :

A fun sequel to knives out. But the first 30 min is really rough.......

Only gripe is the insistence of making climax into a humor scene..... It happened in knives out also....

*****I would have preferred a nail biting twist or suspense towards the end of both of these films.

Other than that it's a time pass movie which will not bore you.....

The roundup :

A terrific followup to outlaws...... Loosely based on the kidnapping and murders of tourists which happened in Philippines.

Action is brutal, pacing is even, as usual ma dong seouk in top form.

*******Ma dong has the physical flexibility of a wrestler & the built of a powerlifter.
    His punches feel real.
    We believe it when he easily smashes through multiple gangsters armed with axe and knives like janata express train. Simply superb👌

Hyped for the 3rd part in the series - No way out!!

(A special mention to the villains of korean crime movies - a lesson on how to make a villain scary)

Pirates of Caribbean : dead man's chest:

This is my template for any big budget adventure movie. Incredible set pieces - check, charismatic cast - check, top class vfx - check. Comedy plus action - check

A big budget funride. (Only minus is a forced stupid love triangle which made no sense considering the characters)

My rating of pirates movies :
    dead man's chest > world's end > black Pearl > stranger tides > dead men tell no lies

My only issue with pirates movies was jack Sparrow character.

In the first film he is very sharp, cunning. Little bit lucky , & not fully comedic.
    But rest of the films made him less intelligent and more comedy/goofy person.

Character progression almost like jagadeesh in harihar nagar series. First movie he was fine, later movies made him a pottan.

Unlocked (Korean | Netflix | 2023)

Another thriller from Korea that deserves to be seen.

This is an exceptional example of taking something overly familiar and making it feel fresh, by simply creating characters we can get behind, instead of the usual caricatures or stock victims. Cleverly constructed with some inventive ideas, Unlocked is an engrossing game of cat and mouse that will leave you with your heart in your throat.
    Mohanlal | SRK | Prithviraj | Dulquer | Ranbir | Vijay

Knock at the Cabin (2023): Manoj Night Shyamalan movie, i like most of his movies, liked this one too..

Sent from my POCO X2 using Tapatalk

7. Likes Ali Bhai liked this post

Creed III (2023)

Passionate and confident enough to win you over.

A highly entertaining, very emotionally satisfying third round that lands most of its punches, proving to be a sequel that is bound to get audiences pumped. Perhaps the greatest accomplishment of Creed III is that you don’t feel the absence of Rocky. That’s not a knock on Stallone, but high praise for Jordan.

Coming out of Rocky Balboa's celebrated legacy, Creed III is bigger and its hits thud harder, making it a film that works on so many counts and at such different levels.

Missing (2023)

An engrossing take on a well-worn plot.

While it won't revolutionize the thriller genre, this film does more than enough with its unique presentation to justify 110 minutes of staring at a computer screen. With just enough twists and turns to keep you guessing until the very end, Missing is more than just an empty stylistic exercise.

M3gan :

Neither horror nor strong sci fi/drama.

Just a simple plot of an AI robot gone evil. Cliche stuff but not completely boring.

2/5

Top Gun Maverick - didn't like. erekore forward cheythu. tom cruise is like indian super stars. vallappozhum oru nalla script kittiyal aayi. ingerum ingerde makeup manum hair dresserum okke thannennu thonnunu scripting.