Page 204 of 272 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2717

Thread: ◄REViEWS OF FOREiGN MOViES► IInd THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    timecrimes kandittilla, miss aaya padam aanu. predestination kandathano ? ee theme il cheyyavunnathinte maximum cheythu vachittundu, cult following undu padathinu..i am not a fan of time travelling concept ennalum engaging aayirunnu padam..
    headhunters kandathanu, was a neatly made thriller..
    Timecrimes & Tringle randum kollaam but Predestination aanu kandathil my favourite.

2. Likes kevin liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    timecrimes kandittilla, miss aaya padam aanu. predestination kandathano ? ee theme il cheyyavunnathinte maximum cheythu vachittundu, cult following undu padathinu..i am not a fan of time travelling concept ennalum engaging aayirunnu padam..
    headhunters kandathanu, was a neatly made thriller..
    predestination kandathanu....athu 2014 release....timecrimes released 2007....aa oru theme ithinu munpu ethenkilum padathil undo?
    My ratings for last 5 Lalettan movies:
    * 01/24 - Malaikottai Vaaliban - 4/5
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5
    * 10/22 - Monster - 2.6/5
    * 05/22 - 12th Man - 2.5/5

The Editor (2014) - https://www.justwatch.com/in/movie/the-editor

A one-time (and now one-handed) master film editor toiling in the cinematic sweatshops of 1970s Italy becomes the prime suspect in a series of brutal murders.

intentionally pazhaya B-grade padangalude shyliyil eduthirikkunna oru serial killer comedy....

ithu pole B-grade throwbacks ippol irangunnundu....quentin tarantino okke b-grade padangalil ninnanallo inspired aayittullathu.
    My ratings for last 5 Lalettan movies:
    * 01/24 - Malaikottai Vaaliban - 4/5
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5
    * 10/22 - Monster - 2.6/5
    * 05/22 - 12th Man - 2.5/5

Quote Originally Posted by firecrown View Post
    predestination kandathanu....athu 2014 release....timecrimes released 2007....aa oru theme ithinu munpu ethenkilum padathil undo?
    2007nu shesham kore undu. pazhaya padangalil james cameronte terminator first part erekkore ithu thanne subject, spielbergnte minority report 2002 kuzhappam illayirunnu..

6. Likes firecrown liked this post

The Hateful Eight:
    Overall a decent watch, engaging one from Tarantino.
    Story of 5 people who reaches an Inn for shelter, the Inn has four people, but were they only four??
    Some good suspense and a slow but interesting narrative.
    The usual racist issues like in other QT movies are there in this film also.

Nomadland:
    Overall a decent watch, but too plain and dragging.
    Story of a middle age houseless lady who lives in a van and makes a living doing multiple seasonal jobs.
    Performance of Frances McDormand is very controlled, but not up to that in in 3 billboards.

Never Let me Go:
    Average movie, slow, dragging and tiring at times.
    Story of some men and women who are described as clones whose only purpose is to donate organs to other normal people.
    How they live through that life with commitment and their personal issues form the movie.

Once Upon a River:
    Average movie.
    Story of a 15yr old native Indian girl who is a trained hunter, who goes out in search of her mother after hr father is killed by a cousin.
    Her journeys and experiences with life forms the movie.

Overboard:
    Good lit hearted comedy, I like this one.
    Story of a billionaire carefree brat and a single woman of three girls.
    After the guy had a shock leading to memory loss, the lady comes and claims him as her husband to help her life and financial issues.
    With no memory of his past, he started his husband+ dad role, but things become complicated when his younger sister located him and came to retrieve him.

2001 A Space Odyssey:
    Frankly, I did not understand this one very well, especially the climax portions.
    Maybe too much for my understanding, very slow and dragging narrative.

Hunt for the Wilderpeople:
    Good one, light hearted movie.
    Story of a 65 year old guy and a 13yr old boy given to his custody by Child welfare., who go into the Wild in New Zealand after his wife dies.
    Now Child Welfare and NZ police is one a massive search for the missing two.
    Lot of feel good and funny moments are there.

The Croods - A New Age:
    Liked this one, it's a festival of colours.
    A coluorful journey of the Croods from the last movie, with a new young man joining them, until they meet the Bettermans.
    Their life and lifestyle change once they meet and stay with the reformed people, but trouble awaits them.

Quote Originally Posted by BangaloreaN View Post
    2001 A Space Odyssey:
    Frankly, I did not understand this one very well, especially the climax portions.
    Maybe too much for my understanding, very slow and dragging narrative.
    Kubrick’s explanation of the ending:
    In a timeless state, his life passes from middle age to senescence to death. He is reborn, an enhanced being, a star child, an angel, a superman, if you like, and returns to earth prepared for the next leap forward of man’s evolutionary destiny.
    When truth is a fantasy, reality lies ..
    Na
    rayana ..
    . Narayana ...

Quote Originally Posted by BangaloreaN View Post
    Ending anger ananthatayude anda kadahathilekk vandi odikukayaanu ... elllam converged aayi,oro dimensionum

btw, 2001 obsolete aayi ennu vicharikunna oraal aanu naan ... indeed, it was ahead of its time..

The Little Things (2021)

PVR Mumbai, 9:45pm
    20%

Denzel Washington, Rami Malek, and Jared Leto certainly help lift the material somewhat above all the genre trappings. At over two hours, this is a genuinely compelling procedural, capturing the all-too human desperation of its key characters.

WOLFWALKERS. If there is an animation studio other than Disney, Pixar and Studio Ghibli that has done wonders it is Cartoon Saloon based in Ireland. All of their previous works (The Secret of Kells, Song of the Sea, The Breadwinner) are critically acclaimed and have garnered Oscar nominations. Seems like this one will too. The story is set somewhere between 15th and 18th century in an Irish village. If fairy tales had wolves as villains here, it is the men who cut off trees thereby depleting the forests where wolves reside. Villagers believe the wolves are raised by wolfwalkers, half-human half-wolf creatures. An Englishman, who is the greatest wolfhunter and his daughter settle in the village. And the story unfolds when the curious young girl drifts into the forest and comes upon the wolfwalkers and finds them warm and loving. The best thing about the movie is the hand-drawn animation. Everything and everyone in the village are sharp and composed of angles. But once we get into the forest, everything is sketchy and flowing. Once the magic starts, it is really beautiful. Even CGI might not match up to the beauty of the manual drawings. Something which was last felt in Studio Ghibli's The Tale of Princess Kaguya. The downside is the plot. There is not much happening and you sort of know how this will move forward. Then there is the harsh take on Victorian Christianity. Provided this gets nominated, it might be a tough fight between Pixar's Soul and this one. If the hardwork behind hand-drawn animation is the criteria, this beauty will take it.

@Naradhan @BangaloreaN

12. Likes Naradhan, BangaloreaN liked this post

Marriage Story:
    Good one, but complex.
    Story of a couple recently separated and in the process of divorce.
    Things get complicated once the wife makes the divorce process official through her lawyer, and a legal battle starts.
    Strong script, dialogues and good direction with some strong performances especially from Scarlett Johansson (Natasha Romanoff of Avengers).
    The character of the characters was bit confusing for me.
    Whether the wife soft to her husband or really hated them, whether the husband cared for his wife and kids or just about him, whether her lawyer just professional or wicked, whether his son loved him or not, whether his first lawyer too humane or simply incompetent - difficult to understand at certain situations.

Pieces of a Woman:
    Average one, too intellectual.
    Story of a couple, a wife who wanted to have their baby delivered at home but the baby dies on birth and a case is charged against the midwife who attended the child birth.
    Rest of the movie centres around the emotions the mother goes through, with her husband, mother, family, lawyers and so on.
    Bit too much for me, higher intellects may be able to appreciate the movie better.
    For me the best scene was the apple tree in the long climax shot.

August: Osage County
    Good one, strong and brilliant at times.
    Super performances from Meryl Steep and Julia Roberts as mom and daughter.
    The screenplay and dialogues are well written and certain scenes were really top class.
    Story of an aged couple, with Steep the mother suffering from cancer and her 3 daughters coming together back to her, once their old father goes missing.
    Lot of emotional scenes well picturised are the major plus points.

First Cow:
    Average one for me, slow and dragging.
    Story set in the 1800s in Northern America, about a Cook and a Chinese coming together to make some money to start their lives.
    They schemed and started stealing milk from the local administrator to make and sell biscuits, but got exposed soon.
    I did not find anything great in this one to receive some many awards and nominations.

I'm Thinking of ending Things:
    Padam kandu kili poyi onnum manassilayilla.
    Enthokkeyo nadakkunnu - Boyfriend taking girl friend to meet his parnts, long unnrelaed conversations during the ride, the parents apeears to be of different ages at different times, then some scenes in a school, lot of unnrelated dialogues in between again, finally the guy winning a Nobel - phoohh......
    Don't know how this one won so many awards and nominations.
    Another film to join the likes of 'Mullholand Drive'.