Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SAARE JAHAN SE ACHHA - SRK as Rakesh Sharma, Bhumi Pednekar - Dir. Mahesh Mathai

Default SAARE JAHAN SE ACHHA - SRK as Rakesh Sharma, Bhumi Pednekar - Dir. Mahesh Mathai

Ronnie Screwvala has confirmed that Saare Jahan Se Achha will roll from next year and Shah Rukh Khan will play the lead in the movie. It was earlier speculated that Aamir Khan was playing the lead role in the Rakesh Sharma biopic.

SRK Opts Out Of This One...
    Last edited by BangaloreaN; 12-01-2022 at 03:19 PM.

Mahesh Mathai ??

ara kakshi ??
    വിരഹത്തിൻ ചൂടേറ്റു വാടിക്കൊഴിഞ്ഞു നീ
    വിടപറയുന്നോരാ നാളിൽ
    നിറയുന്ന കണ്ണുനീര്തുള്ളിയിൽ സ്വപ്നങ്ങൾ
    ചിറകറ്റു വീഴുമാ നാളിൽ
    മൗനത്തിൽ മുങ്ങുമെൻ ഗദ്ഗദം മന്ത്രിക്കും
    മംഗളം നേരുന്നു തോഴീ

Quote Originally Posted by ballu View Post
    Mahesh Mathai ??

ara kakshi ??
    bhopal expressinde director aavum...kay kay menonde bhopal gas tragedy base cheytha oru film....

i think he was the one who did that dairy milk ad where that girl eating the chocolate runs into the cricket field when the bastmen hits a six on 99....just loved that ad... ... not sure
    Uske Kathl par mein bhi chup tha meri baari ab aayi
    Mere Kathl par aap bhi chup ho Agla number AApka hein....

Quote Originally Posted by baadshahmian View Post
    bhopal expressinde director aavum...kay kay menonde bhopal gas tragedy base cheytha oru film....

i think he was the one who did that dairy milk ad where that girl eating the chocolate runs into the cricket field when the bastmen hits a six on 99....just loved that ad... ... not sure
    Bhopal exp kanditu ella ...
    only last week i was going through all the 90ies Ads in you tube and bumped into this one ...kidu annu ...like many other stuff even the old Ads have tremendous recall value ...
    Amul inte almost all Ads were good .
    വിരഹത്തിൻ ചൂടേറ്റു വാടിക്കൊഴിഞ്ഞു നീ
    വിടപറയുന്നോരാ നാളിൽ
    നിറയുന്ന കണ്ണുനീര്തുള്ളിയിൽ സ്വപ്നങ്ങൾ
    ചിറകറ്റു വീഴുമാ നാളിൽ
    മൗനത്തിൽ മുങ്ങുമെൻ ഗദ്ഗദം മന്ത്രിക്കും
    മംഗളം നേരുന്നു തോഴീ

Defining Moments: Mahesh Mathai: "Films were my sweet spot"

Veteran ad film maker Mahesh Mathai takes afaqs! through his journey of television commercials, music video and feature films.

While in college, I worked for Prahlad Kakkar. Soon, I decided to start something of my own. I got my first break to make a film for Chancellor cigarettes around 1983. It was my first ad film and my first defining moment. Few years later (in 1987), I founded Highlight Films. After Chancellor, I had started getting more work and recognition. One that really made a difference though, was the work for Garden Vareli with Persis Khambatta. The film not only won a lot of awards, it also made a lot of news and caught people's attention. Here was work that I not only enjoyed but I found myself to be good at. I'd found my sweet spot. Another big landmark was the relaunch of Eveready batteries (Give Me Red).

Music and videos

There weren't as many channels back then, in the '80s. Doordarshan asked me to do a 30-minute programme with different songs by different musicians. I shot a video with Louis Banks and others. It was not really a 'music video' but something like one. Probably the first 'music video' that I did was for a band called Rock Machine (later Indus Creed) for their song, Rock n' Roll Renegades. It was probably the country's first music video. Music videos then did not really pay well. The big era of the music videos came a few years down the line. Lucky Ali came up with his first album Sunoh, approached every possible label without much success. He asked if I could help him. He had then already approached a label called BMG Crescendo and was offered a deal, only if he could come back with a music video. I heard the songs, thought 'not bad' and decided to go ahead with it. However, that was not all. I was not only required to make the video for one of the songs, O Sanam but also pay for it. The video turned out to be one of the biggest defining moments of my career. With O Sanam, I got noticed because back then, the director's name was also mentioned in the music video.

Another big break arrived when I heard of this guy in Stockholm who was re-recording Hindi film songs with his own touch. I went to Sony Music - by then Lucky and I had moved to Sony - and they found the concept interesting and agreed to go ahead. Thus was launched
    Bombay Vikings and Neeraj Sridhar with the song Kya Soorat Hai.

Films - next obvious stop
    In the late '90s, I met Deepak Nayar (he was to be the producer) and decided to make a film on Bhopal - a subject that would have international relevance.
    I approached Piyush and Prasoon Pandey to write a story on Bhopal. That was the origin of Bhopal Express. Ehsaan (Noorani) and Loy (Mendonsa) worked on the music, Shankar Mahadevan contributed with his vocals. That was also the beginning of the Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy trio. It did not do well in India but the movie opened the Panorama section to the prestigious Berlin Film Festival and won seven international awards.

Blue Frog

I had worked extensively with young composers, Ashu and Dhruv (Ashutosh Pathak and Dhruv Ghanekar). We were talking about how, despite Mumbai being the entertainment capital, we were all held up at one place like Not Just Jazz By The Bay. That is how Blue Frog was born as a venue for music that we like and it took off. Starting Blue Frog definitely was the next big thing for me.

sambhavam nallathaanu.
    the life of Rakesh Sharma should definitely be etched in the reels.
    pakshe oru cinema aakumbo, the plot requires ups & downs.
    look at the recently released Sully. the plot is enough to conjure up a compelling Indian script.
    or look at Apollo 13. the events leading to the disaster made us watch the whole thing through.
    i don't know much about sharma but am yet to read an article which says he had to grind it.
    sharma's life will definitely have a lot of ups, does it have its share of bollywoody downs?

Disney Backs Mahesh Mathai

(December 12, 2015)

A few months ago, we at Box Office India, told you that Mahesh Mathai was back. He’s the advertising king, who made his debut with a feature film in 1999, Bhopal Express. Mathai will always be remembered for making a content-based film in an era when comedy was the only genre that was working. He has now teamed up with Anjum Rajabali, who has penned a hard-hitting biopic based on an Air Force pilot, titled Salute. We hear that Disney has come on board to produce the film. Yes, Disney will be producing the film, which goes on the floors in mid-2016. Watch this space!

- wow! after Dangal, another Disney-Aamir venture! that too a biopic.

Release Date: December , 2018