Thread: Kaabil - "Worth A Watch For Hrithik's Top-Notch Act"

Default Kaabil - "Worth A Watch For Hrithik's Top-Notch Act"

Kaabil - (U/A) 2 Hrs 19 Minutes

Detailed Analysis
    As a Bollywood movie buff,I must admit the fact that the biggest dilemma I faced in recent times was to choose between Raees and Kabil for the intial show on the day of release.Both the movies had excellent pre-release buzz and had my favorite actors playing the lead,with Raees being a tad higher as far as my personal expectations were concerned.Still,I decided to opt for Kaabil and keep Raees for the evening as the initial reviews of former were more favorable in general.

Sanjay Gupta is known for his expertise in extracting the best out of his actors and Kaabil too is no exception as the movie can boast of a riveting performance by Hrithik Roshan who stole the show with his phenomenal blind-man act that wins heart for utmost genuinity in presentation.But can a classy performance on its own make-up for all those glorious loopholes in the screenplay??

Another big question that popped out of my mind once I was done with the film was how dumb this movie could have been without an able actor like Hrithik playing the lead.Agreed there's ample dose of sentiments,humor and action spread in the narration,but the whole packaging is too lose and predictable that you will start losing the interest in the proceedings 15 minutes into the second hour.

The chemistry between Yami and Hrithik was lovable and Gupta could present the depth in their relationships very well on screen.The ease with which he could register the romance was commendable.Notably,the first half was executed better on comparison with the second and the interval punch in particular was brilliant with hard-hitting dialoges by Sanjay Masoom pumping up the adrenaline rush.

Evidently,Gupta failed to work upon the most crucial part for a movie of this genre,to project the revenge part with required thrills devoid of glitches in a convincing manner on screen.The narration lacked pace and clarity that one associates with a taut-thriller and the modus-operandi of revenge too weren't exceptional as to call it outstanding at any point in the narrative.

The actor in Hrithik was on top gear throughout the film and it was his powerful act that elevated the movie from losing the steam by turning monotonous after a point.Yami Gautam did her part convincingly.Rohit and Ronit Roy played the part of baddies well even-though their characters looked too typecast.Narendra Jha and Girish Kulkarni gave notable supporting performances.

Songs by Rajesh Roshan that included remix versions of yesteryear chart-busters weren't used well by Gupta who messed up the narration by pakcing the songs at awkard junctures except for the intial song that had Hrithik and Yami hitting the dance floor.

The duo of Ayananka Bose and Sudeep Chatterjee handled the cinematography part well.Cuts by Akiv Ali were good.The Action choreography by Sham Kaushal was okayish.The CGI works were substandard for the most part.

Overall,Kaabil is a half-baked emotional thriller that's elevated by a one-man-show by Hrithik Roshan.

Notable Positives

Weak Links

Final Verdict::To sum up,FilmKraft's latest offering Kaabil had lot of room for improvement which was left under-utilized making it a predictable,run-of-the-mill revenge drama that's watchable for a dedicated performance by Hrithik Roshan.
    _Afsal

Show Details - Theatre::Pee Cee Cinemas,Mukkam || Date:25/01/17 || Showtime::11:30 AM || Status::20%
    Like https://www.facebook.com/TouchRiverMovieReviews For More Reviews
    (c) AfsalTouchRiverReviews2017
    #FKLover

Thanks Bhai!

Thanks for the Review.........