Thread: Raees - Review

Default Raees - Review

Carnival cinemas, mumbai. housefull.

first thing first, its not a realistic portrayal of gangster abdul latheef. its a commercial bollywood drama loosely based on the gansgter and raees is anything but realistic.
    there is no hero villain, it is this one mans meat is another mans poison scenario.

shahrukh is brilliant, great watching him play something like this after a long time., his masterpiece timing , style and swagger et al make raees real special (atleast for his fans) his articulate dialogues are like i above said one mans meat case. some may like it some may find it over the top/cinematic (me belong to the first category)
    nawaz - pleasure watching him..his dialogues are most of the time deliberate caustic humour. his character is being deliberate or director, audience better decide.
    mahira- she failed, catched glimpse of her pakistani shows in indian television(after she being cast opposite superstar), i expected her to be real intense,unfortunately that is not the case here, shes too shy ,lack timing (barring few scenes) and is not convincing.
    script - superstar playing a don script. scarface, vaastav we have seen it . neverthless gujarat backdrop adds some freshness to it.
    direction - not bad.
    technically ok and good production value.

whats special and why anyone shud spend time and money on this movie is shahrukhs superb performance and shahrukh nawaz chemistry. i will watch it again for srk.
    last but not least shahs intro, superb it was. pakka mass !!
    rating 3.25/5
    verdict - shah bhai fans, the monkey is off the back. superhit !

2. Likes Sal kk, Identity, bhat liked this post

thanks macha..shahrukh thudakkam aa glaases oke vechu bore aya thonnie..okay film ayi thonni..review ittitund...supporting cast (CM, opp leader, cops) dholakiayude sthiram teams anennu thonunnu..stiff ayirunelum..adikam kanditilathavare eduthathu nanayi..

Thank you bhai

Thanks for the Review.........

thank you.....
    Uske Kathl par mein bhi chup tha meri baari ab aayi
    Mere Kathl par aap bhi chup ho Agla number AApka hein....