Thread: Fisherman's Review of Super Saranya

Default Fisherman's Review of Super Saranya

Fisherman's Review of Super Saranya

Theatre: EKM Shenoys Screen 3
    Status: First Row empty. Rest all full. Lot of ladies, but surprisingly I did not see any family with kids. I think people have started withdrawing to home. On the way I did not see usual weekend rush in restaurants too.

Went with mixed expectations after seeing some initial review. Also even though Thaneer Mathan Dinangal was a huge hit, it was not that great for me, since most of the movie was just olippickal. So I had only mixed expectations on this movie.

Now to the movie. Overall it is a well made Comedy Love story focused on the heroine rather than on the hero. That is what makes this film different from other love stories. Our most love stories are hero focussed.

First half of the movie mostly establishes the character of Saranya and the development of bonding with her college mates through hostel life, ragging and other college activities. In parallel at times goes the hero's family thread. Very entertaining first half. You do not feel lag at any times. Even the love track development is nice and is not the Thaneer Mathan olippickal type development. Also in addition to love track there are other college episodes also which makes this half very entertaining.

Second half shifts gear to little more emotional track and focusses on the relationship of love, fight, emotions between the lead pair. All done neatly and not going overboard. Film makers has been very successful in getting those emotions on to the viewers. 2nd half is little long but I did not feel any lag and the movie always kept us engaged with the proceedings. The guest appearance was good.

Positives
    Direction
    Script
    Songs
    Performance by all lead actors / actresses. Arjun Asokan, Anaswara, Mamitha all excellent

Negatives
    Little lengthy

Overall Summary - A well made college love story focussed on the heroine. If you like college based comedies and love stories, go and watch it with no second thoughts. If you expect olippickal love story, you might be disappointed. Personally for me much better than Thaneer Mathan Dinangal.

Rating - 4.5/5

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Thanks for the review. Seems interesting.

Reviews are back... @mukkuvan vere level!!!

Thnaks for the review...

thanks bhai

Thanks for the Review.....

Thanks for the review