Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ♛ INDIA V BANGLADESH ♛ -Test Match ♛

India 356 for 3 (Kohli 111*, Vijay 108, Pujara 83) v Bangladesh

India 356 for 3 (Kohli 111*, Vijay 108, Pujara 83) v Bangladesh

4.40 pm Bangladesh's first day of Test cricket on Indian soil has not been a good one. They end the day having conceded 71 runs in the last 10 overs, which meant they are already staring at a total of 356. M Vijay was solid and languid as he made his ninth Test century and third of the season. Virat Kohli was brutal and, well, on autopilot, with nothing to oppose him from making his fourth hundred in seven Tests. Can he be stopped before making his fourth double-ton?
    "Actually, everything went may way," Vijay says. "I felt really good about myself before coming into the game. Just wanted to continue playing the way I did in the last series. Myself and Pujara just stuck to the basics, getting singles when possible. I really like batting with him, its a comfort factor, he has a solid game. We just keep our game plans simple, don't try too many things. And we speak to each other very well, and things happen when we bat together, like that run-out chance. [Running between the wickets] We've been speaking about it, and hopefully in the coming series we'll do better. Virat batted in a great manner and hopefully he can continue in the same manner."
    There were a few edges that teased Bangladesh in the slips, two off Mehedi Hasan in the same over, then a dreadful run-out chance that was missed in the 19th over. What good work their new-ball bowlers Taskin Ahmed and Kamrul Islam Rabbi did in the first hour of the day has been struck down from the scorecard as the day wore on. They'll want a change of fortune as soon as possible. Join us tomorrow morning to see if their hopes come true.

Kohli

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Vijay

Kohli Mass...

Veendum Double Century

India 687/6d [166 overs]

3.20 pm India have declared on 687 for 6 and Saha races off, taking high-fives from many of his mates. Comeback ton for the India's No. 1 wicketkeeper batsman. Ishant and the rest of the quicks spill out onto the field to warm up and get ready for a good tilt at a demoralised Bangladesh. Their batsmen have big job to do. Tamim Iqbal, one of their best batsmen, not simply in this team, but in their history, will be shouldering a lot of the burden. He's a firecracker and this pitch shouldn't necessarily perturb him. There are a few balls that are misbehaving, a few puffs of dust that come out off the straight, but Bangladesh have to put that behind them and try to get as close to India's total.
    Twelve overs left in the day.