Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EZRA - My thoughts.

Default EZRA - My thoughts.

The last time i reviewed a film in this forum was Yennai Arindhaal. Over a period of time i had stopped reviewing and giving a mark out of 5 for films just because I felt that i was nobody to do that. But after seeing Ezra today and subsequently seeing the various things that is happening in various social media platforms I somehow felt like expressing what I felt and i have no other platform to do so. So here we go.(Ps: These are just my thoughts about the film)

While watching the movie the first thing that striked me was the Jewish background used in the movie which is a new scenario for malayalam movies. Debutant writer/director JayK has presented it brilliantly and his making style is what made the film what it is. To choose a niche genre and then to place it in such a background in his debut film requires great guts and to Jay K for that.

Secondly..Prithviraj Sukumaran. For taking up this movie and pulling of this role and also for presenting a horror movie with no commercial ingriedients. It requires guts to be a mainstream hero and then to choose a film like this especially when his last 2 releases were flops.

Then..Sujith Vassudev. I bow down to you. Knock out stuff. The lighting and the presentation in the dark shaded portion and a complete contrast in the flashback portion. His best work till date and I hope he recieves some kind of recognition for this.

Sushin Shyam did a great job in the BGM area and that "Thambiran" song haunts you.

The sound design by Rajakrishnan is one of the best if not the best work so far in malayalam movies. Do try to watch in a Dolby Atmos theater.

And last but not the least. To E4 Entertainment. For always supporting good cinema. Their last release Guppy didnt fare well. But its very much evident from the quality of this product that they havent made any compromise whatsoever for this one. Again

Coming back to what's happening in the social media. The sharing of twist in the movie. Its really saddening. The same had also happened to Mumbai Police. But..the way that scene has been presented is extraordinary and you can still watch Ezra even if you know whats going to happen. How its gonna happen is what matters.

Am very glad that I saw this movie from a theater where the entire crowd was silent and no sort of disruption was there for any of the horror scenes. Ariesplex love. 😍

Yes the exorcism scenes were not taken well and that brings down the movie. But still do watch Ezra from the best quality theatre because its a movie that showcases the technical brilliance Malayalam industry has attained in the last 5 years. Its a movie that our industry should be proud of. A movie that can be endorsed by us to all our non malayalee friends for the sheer techincal brilliance alone.

11AM
    Ariesplex Audi 1
    HF.
    തോണി നിറഞ്ഞ് പ്രാണൻ കവിഞ്ഞ്
    ഈണമായ് നമ്മിൽ.... മെല്ലേ...മായാനദി...

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Well written and much needed !! Keep going

thanks machane .........

Thanks Bhai...

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Thx freakn

Quote Originally Posted by K K R View Post
    The last time i reviewed a film in this forum was Yennai Arindhaal. Over a period of time i had stopped reviewing and giving a mark out of 5 for films just because I felt that i was nobody to do that. But after seeing Ezra today and subsequently seeing the various things that is happening in various social media platforms I somehow felt like expressing what I felt and i have no other platform to do so. So here we go.(Ps: These are just my thoughts about the film)

While watching the movie the first thing that striked me was the Jewish background used in the movie which is a new scenario for malayalam movies. Debutant writer/director JayK has presented it brilliantly and his making style is what made the film what it is. To choose a niche genre and then to place it in such a background in his debut film requires great guts and to Jay K for that.

Secondly..Prithviraj Sukumaran. For taking up this movie and pulling of this role and also for presenting a horror movie with no commercial ingriedients. It requires guts to be a mainstream hero and then to choose a film like this especially when his last 2 releases were flops.

Then..Sujith Vassudev. I bow down to you. Knock out stuff. The lighting and the presentation in the dark shaded portion and a complete contrast in the flashback portion. His best work till date and I hope he recieves some kind of recognition for this.

Sushin Shyam did a great job in the BGM area and that "Thambiran" song haunts you.

The sound design by Rajakrishnan is one of the best if not the best work so far in malayalam movies. Do try to watch in a Dolby Atmos theater.

And last but not the least. To E4 Entertainment. For always supporting good cinema. Their last release Guppy didnt fare well. But its very much evident from the quality of this product that they havent made any compromise whatsoever for this one. Again

Coming back to what's happening in the social media. The sharing of twist in the movie. Its really saddening. The same had also happened to Mumbai Police. But..the way that scene has been presented is extraordinary and you can still watch Ezra even if you know whats going to happen. How its gonna happen is what matters.

Am very glad that I saw this movie from a theater where the entire crowd was silent and no sort of disruption was there for any of the horror scenes. Ariesplex love. 😍

Yes the exorcism scenes were not taken well and that brings down the movie. But still do watch Ezra from the best quality theatre because its a movie that showcases the technical brilliance Malayalam industry has attained in the last 5 years. Its a movie that our industry should be proud of. A movie that can be endorsed by us to all our non malayalee friends for the sheer techincal brilliance alone.

11AM
    Ariesplex Audi 1
    HF.
    Review okke avide irikkatte. Ninte vishesham parayu. Kure ayallo kandittu.
    Ninte arrears okke kazhinja
    Quantico kanarille

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Today's Gold rate: https://www.gold.co.uk/gold-price/gold-price-today/

Today's exchange rate: https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/

Today's Drishyam final collection : www.pushpullservice.com

best review so far

Sent from my vivo Y31L using Tapatalk
    MEGASTAR KA MEGA FAN

Thanks KKR.......
    Mollywood on a roll... Premalu, Brahmayugam, Manjummel Boys - Content Rich and Money Rich. Others Envy Mallu's Pride

Quote Originally Posted by veecee View Post
    Review okke avide irikkatte. Ninte vishesham parayu. Kure ayallo kandittu.
    Ninte arrears okke kazhinja
    Quantico kanarille

Bhai.. hope you are fine...Arrear koodiyathu allandu koranjilla.

Quantico adhyamokke full kaanumayrnu. Ippo avishyam ulla scenes matram kaanum
    തോണി നിറഞ്ഞ് പ്രാണൻ കവിഞ്ഞ്
    ഈണമായ് നമ്മിൽ.... മെല്ലേ...മായാനദി...

Quote Originally Posted by K K R View Post
    Bhai.. hope you are fine...Arrear koodiyathu allandu koranjilla.

Quantico adhyamokke full kaanumayrnu. Ippo avishyam ulla scenes matram kaanum

Today's Gold rate: https://www.gold.co.uk/gold-price/gold-price-today/

Today's exchange rate: https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/

Today's Drishyam final collection : www.pushpullservice.com