Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex's Views - Roles of Mammootty- Reviews - Angamaly Diaries Added

Default Rex's Views - Roles of Mammootty- Reviews - Angamaly Diaries Added

Hi All

I'm starting a thread to express my movies experiences.
    Ithu ente maathram abhiprayangal aanu.
    Expecting your support.

Reviews in this thread
    1. Aby
    2. Ezra
    3. Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol
    4. Angalmay Diaries

My views
    1. Legendary Actors - Characters of Mammootty - part 1

2. Movies that eluded deserved success - Part 1
    Last edited by Rex; 03-22-2017 at 12:18 AM.

2. Likes frincekjoseph, ClubAns liked this post
  3. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Aby: An inspirastional, Feel good predictable movie

This weekend I saw Aby starring Vineeth Srinivasan, Mareena, Suraj.
    In a nutshell it is an inspirastional, Feel good predictable movie. But an average fare.

Story: A young boy whose long aspiration is to fly and toils hard to meet his ultimate goal.
    Eventhough cliched oneline for an inspirational movie but it had some novel thoughts

Screenplay: An above average affair.
    Some charachters lacked soul like Manish Chaudhary (GK), Sudheer Karamana, Hareesh Perady and couldnt completely become part of the movie.
    I felt disconnected. But dialogues were better with some good humor in between.

Direction: Below Average. First Half was good and it had a good flow. In second half Srikant Murali lost control.
    There were lot of loose ends and so many things are unanswered. Say just seeing a clean room GK decides quit drinking, Aby and GK was having a great relation but their conflict was unconvincing.
    After Aby's return to village he gains back control and somehow he made the predicatble climax watchable.

Acting: Good
    This is one area movie made watchable. For first time Vineeth was different. Performance by Sudheer Karamana,Vineetha Koshy and Mareena were good.
    Aju did his usual part of comic relief. Although Manish's dubbing was mediocre he was somewhat convincing in his character.

My Opinion: One time Watchable
    Last edited by Rex; 03-14-2017 at 08:29 PM.

Banned

All the best :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

6. Likes Rex liked this post

All the best.

8. Likes Rex liked this post

All the best.....

10. Likes Rex liked this post

Reviews add cheyumpol thread title update cheythal nannavum. All the best!

Quote Originally Posted by kallan pavithran View Post
    Thank you for your suggestion.

Ezra: A horror movie without Scary moments

I watched this movie in last week of February. Because of the great success in Kerala and Prithviraj is the one who championed it, I had great expectations.

Story: Mixed opinion, great thread with bad flashback
    A dybukk, EZRA who wants revenge possess into a newly settled family in Kochi.
    It unfolds how EZRA possess Ranjans Family, how EZRA became an evil spirit and EZRA plans to take revenge.
    For me a Jew horror story was new, I was hearing dybukk for first time, So anticipations were high.
    The part how EZRA gets into Ranjans Family and how Marques lured into the story was great.
    But the reason/flashback for EZRA's revenge spoiled the thread. But the climax twist was good

Screenplay: Average, It had the good and bad momemnts. The good screenplay part overshadowed bad part so giving above average.
    Bad part already mentioned in story

Direction: Good. This is were Jayakrishnan succeeded even with his average story. Sujith Vasudev's camera and Vivek Harshan's editing too helped it
    The song Thambiran, preclimax twist was very well concieved. Some of the scenes he drew inspirations from Conjuring and Annabelle

Performance: Excellent
    Prithviraj, Priya Anand, Sujith Sankar have done their part what it demanded. Other roles were minor.
    Prithviraj was really convincing, he has shown his vulnerability, change in moods etc how good he is as an actor
    Only one person which I felt didnt portray properly was Bharath Dabholka (Ezra's Father).

My Opinion: Didnt meet my expectation but should be watched in big screen else you wont get any horror experience.
    Once this comes to DVD/mini screen I think there will mixed opinion

14. Likes kallan pavithran, ClubAns liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by kallan pavithran View Post
    I dont know how to update the thread title. Atho enikku athinulla privilege ille?.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Hi All

I'm starting a thread to express my movies experiences.
    Ithu ente maathram abhiprayangal aanu.
    Expecting your support.

Reviews in this thread
    1. Aby
    2. Ezra

Kashtapettu review idumbol new thread il aanenkil kurachu koodi views kittum...

Old thread il thanne update cheythaal pothuve adhikam aarum keri nokkarilla ennathaanu ivide pothuve kandu vararullathu...

Anyhow it's up to you to decide.....All the best.......