Thread: സഖാവ് - ഒരു പുതിയ നിരൂപകന്റെ നിരീക്ഷണങ്ങൾ

Default സഖാവ് - ഒരു പുതിയ നിരൂപകന്റെ നിരീക്ഷണങ്ങൾ

Went for SAKHAAVU, FDFS at Inox Thrissur 9:30 show on Saturday.

I had gone with high hopes for the First show, taking into consideration Nivin Pauly's recent success & choice of movie selection, be it Action Hero Biju, Jacobinte Swargaraajyam or even Aanandham. To be frank, SAKHAAVU was a Let-down!
    The title cards seemed familiar with the newspaper theme setting, and from then on there is a long list of clichs. The script was ordinary, there was enough space to make it gripping and entertaining at the same time, but rather this one ends as an off-beat slow-placed movie. The no: of yawns defeated the no: of claps for the movie. I'm not against Offbeat movies but for the general audience, an entertaining one would have yielded a better response. 😁

Nivin Pauly has delivered a top-notch performance in all the 3 get-ups (Or 4 to be precise). His improvement as an actor is a great sign for the rising Malayalam film industry. 🙂👌🏻

Sidharth Siva's direction was mediocre & I still consider KPAC as his best! The way the glorified revolutionary leader's story has been carved out is fine but somehow the length was too much, close to 3 hours.

Althaf's comic timing and acting was another highlight, he could pose a threat to Aju Varghese as a new side-kick for Nivin in future films 😂 I still don't get the point of Gayatri's role in the movie but atleast Sidharth had the sense of using a dubbing artist for her rather than her own voice. 👍🏻👍🏻 Aparna was gud as usual.

A couple of songs were decent but the rest were just irritating to the ears. The background music was a big positive to the movie. I can't imagine the viewers' eyes' glued to the screen without the impact of the bgm! There was enough scope to showcase Saghavu Krishnan as a mass leader with some punch dialogues but hardly 1-2 of them gave an impact or are worth remembering after the movie. That action scene towards the end when a supposedly 80-years(or more) old protagonist was bashing 7-8 goons, gave me a slight heart-attack(also note: Half his body is paralysed)!

I wouldn't say this movie is strictly to be avoided but I felt it was a below-average flick & I'm sure Nivin Pauly fans and comrades might have a different opinion about the same. Considering Nivin's rise as a young superstar in our industry, I had huge expectations & that could have been the reason for my disappointment, after watching Saghaavu. Nivin Pauly is here to stay & I'm sure he is gonna comeback with a brilliant one soon! 😊

My Rating: 2.5/5

P.S: My First Review In FK. I have been writing reviews in Fb for quite some time. I hope my mistakes are forgiven and intimated, if you people feel so.

2. Likes Saathan, Cinema Freaken liked this post
  3. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

thanks machane

Thanks Bro...

Thanks for the Review.........Expecting more reviews from you in future...!

താങ്ക്സ് സിനി സ്നേഹി

thanks......

Thanks for the review