Page 13 of 174 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: ★ Parvathy Thiruvoth ★ Official Thread ★

[QUOTE=jimmy;8215606][QUOTE=fuji;8215601]
    mr bhuji sorry fuji
    ariyan vayenkil onnum parayaruthu please. aval vyakthanmayi paranju mammootty ye pole oru nadan ithil enthinu act cheythu vennu may not be exact words. aval aranu mammootty ethi cinema yil act cheyanamennu theermanikkan. athu mammootty theerumanikkatte. pinne cinema yile double meaning dialogues aanenkil. athu enikkum istapettilla. athil mammootty engine kuttakkaran akum. veenidathu kidannu orularuthu mone buji, hot ennu paranjal athinum orupdu arthangal. arthamonnumilla enkil mone poyi eni ella pennungalodum you are hot ennu para. cheruppukondu eppo kitti ennu chodichal mathi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gux4UNd5pGQ&t=105s

If you haven't watched her original argument, then maybe you should take your own advice and not speak until you do so. She references that an actor par excellence is SAYING certain dialogues and she goes on to say the MAJOR problem is glorifying that type of sentiment in cinema which happens when a hero (meaning ANY hero) says it. She is targeting the people who put those dialogues in the hero's mouth and the makers who created the scene (aka did the glorifying), not the actor. Where in that argument does she specifically call out Mammooty and say that Mammooty specifically should have not done this movie. She is implying that all heroes shouldn't be saying those dialogues because those type of glorifying scenes shouldn't be in their films in the first place.

She is not blaming Mammooty for saying the dialogues. She is blaming the people who put those words in his mouth and made that scene. Pretend she never said the movie name in the speech above---would Mammooty fans be trolling her right now?

And if Irffan Khan said something like what the poster above mentioned, then I agree that was inappropriate. She should have reacted there as well. Regardless, that doesn't take away from the validity of the argument she made at that meeting.

Btw, poking fun at me and my username is uncalled for.
    Last edited by fuji; 12-18-2017 at 08:29 AM.

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

She is just showing off.
    If the basic issue is that heroes should not glorify bad things, then all movies should be made as Bhaktha Kuchela and the bad characters must be portrayed by new comers who have no star value.
    Rajni smoking cigarette in style also can be be termed as glorifying smoking.
    If certain bad things can be glorified (smoking, rape, degrading men) and certain bad things cannot be (degrading women etc), it is called HYPOCRISY.

Quote Originally Posted by MamBlr View Post
    She is just showing off.
    If the basic issue is that heroes should not glorify bad things, then all movies should be made as Bhaktha Kuchela and the bad characters must be portrayed by new comers who have no star value.
    If certain bad things can be glorified (smoking, rape, degrading men) and certain bad things cannot be (degrading women etc), it is called HYPOCRISY.

If we are saying that glorifying means portraying something as cool and stylish and as something the audience should applaud for/like in a given scene (and often has no major purpose in terms of plot), then:

1) From a health standpoint, smoking/drinking should not be glorified either. I'm all for taking out the scenes where the act of smoking or drinking is excessively glorified and celebrated (usually this adds nothing to the movie and the attempts of comedy surrounding this are boring). There is nothing wrong, however, if a character smokes or drinks in passing in a given scene (that is not glorifying). Still, I have a strong feeling that there would be a large opposition to taking this out of films, which is why it hasn't been attempted.

2) Rape should never be glorified in this regard, period.

3) Degrading men should never be glorified. But as a man, I want to make an important distinction here. Glorifying this is not the same thing as giving male characters negative shades. If your example is that female-centric movies often have male characters that are chauvinists, that is not glorifying. Personally, I find those repetitive characters boring, but I see that as unoriginal and uncreative writing---which I also blame on the people writing those scripts (not the actors).

Again characters can do/say bad things on screen. But it is morally wrong to convey this to the audience as something that is applause worthy and something that can be mimicked in real life.

Also, to be very clear Kasaba is not the only film that is guilty of this. It just happens to be one of the more recent ones. For example, Prithviraj says one dialogue in the movie "Chocolate" to Roma (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAJ5ifBDHr8 at 25:36) which I find is also wrong. The point being that this isn't about any single actor's films, but rather a trend in our movies that hopefully will naturally go away the more people call out the instances where it occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by fuji View Post
    Fuji, just to help you

irfan khan told Kerala women are hot in ??bed??

In front of (or at her face) the so called saint Parvathy. She didn?t find it saddening oh god that?s great.

Mr Fuji, one can make a comment but she/he has to make sure she has enough quality within to do so. What was the great novelty that she conveyed to the audience by acting in a liplock scene with Dhanush? Please don?t tell me it?s for the character

Obviously I can say that, it was not Mammookka but the character Rajan Zachariah who uttered those dialogues, but wasn?t the liplock scene performed by the individual Parvathy?

Just imagine, tomorrow if Sunny Leone comes and complains to the media that Mohanlal shouldn?t have acted nude for a scene in Thanmatra, do you take it with a positive note. I know it?s bit exaggerated but doing liplock and uttering some dialogues are also at some extreme situations.

Also what about the new gen character in Charlie, isn?t it glorifying? Like hero?s to men, actresses also influence the ladies, sometimes a bit more, that?s why we have lot of dress/ornaments named after ladies.

So first She has to gain that quality before criticizing the actor par excellence and his selection of movies.

6. Likes Devarajan Master, Kiran L liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by MamBlr View Post
    She is just showing off.
    Chumma oronu paraju kalayalle. Renjith shankar ipo pedachu vidum dozen kanakkinu nanma movies

.. cinima kandu ellavarum nanakum ayirunnenkil shankar movies kandu ellavarum nalavar aayene

Quote Originally Posted by anupkerb1 View Post
    Chumma oronu paraju kalayalle. Renjith shankar ipo pedachu vidum dozen kanakkinu nanma movies

.. cinima kandu ellavarum nanakum ayirunnenkil shankar movies kandu ellavarum nalavar aayene
    Parvathy chumma publicity stunt kaanikkunne aanu ennu ellarkkum ariyavunne karyam alle

Onnu Mother Theresa kalichu nokki pilleru panjikki ittu, feminist aaye kondu nalla tholi katti undu

Quote Originally Posted by SachinMammookka View Post
    Fuji, just to help you

irfan khan told Kerala women are hot in ??bed??

In front of (or at her face) the so called saint Parvathy. She didn?t find it saddening oh god that?s great.

Mr Fuji, one can make a comment but she/he has to make sure she has enough quality within to do so. What was the great novelty that she conveyed to the audience by acting in a liplock scene with Dhanush? Please don?t tell me it?s for the character

Obviously I can say that, it was not Mammookka but the character Rajan Zachariah who uttered those dialogues, but wasn?t the liplock scene performed by the individual Parvathy?

Just imagine, tomorrow if Sunny Leone comes and complains to the media that Mohanlal shouldn?t have acted nude for a scene in Thanmatra, do you take it with a positive note. I know it?s bit exaggerated but doing liplock and uttering some dialogues are also at some extreme situations.

Also what about the new gen character in Charlie, isn?t it glorifying? Like hero?s to men, actresses also influence the ladies, sometimes a bit more, that?s why we have lot of dress/ornaments named after ladies.

So first She has to gain that quality before criticizing the actor par excellence and his selection of movies.
    I agree that she should have reacted if he spoke with a sexual connotation and described that as their "best characteristic."

Just doing a kissing scene is not gender-biased as long as it is a mutual choice between the characters. I personally don't think her decision to do a kissing scene "takes away her quality" as a person. Regardless, she didn't ask for a kissing scene to be written into the film---so just like I won't blame Mammoooty for saying those dialogues in Kasaba that were written by the scriptwriter, I won't "blame" Parvathy for kissing in a scene that was also conceived by the filmmaker/scriptwriter. If your argument is that she agreed to do it, Mammooty also agreed to say those dialogues----but again, I don't blame the actors for doing their requested job.

Sunny Leone would be hypocritical if she called out Mohanlal acting in a nude scene. Parvathy is not hypocritical in calling out the dialogues in Kasaba (unless you can tell me an instance where she herself has written similar dialogues for a film)

If you're implying that all instances of liplock or nudity is worse than saying those Kasaba dialogues, I would wholeheartedly disagree. In my opinion, there is no problem with a liplock or nudity scene if it's done aesthetically and not just to excite a certain section of the audience (and as long as it doesn't glorify a person forcing intimacy on another person). Those Kasaba dialogues were a clear glorification of a male's "power" over a female just for the sake of mass appeal and claps.

Her "new gen" character in Charlie---Once again, that's blaming an actor for something that the character does (which is conceived by the film's makers). This is also similar to blaming Mammooty for Kasaba's dialogues/scenes (which, again, Parvathy did not do---she was targeting the makers/scriptwriters). Regardless, what was so offensive about her character in Charlie?

Lastly, she was not criticizing Mammooty for poor selection of movies. She was criticizing the people who made those dialogues and conceived those scenes in a glorifying way. Anyways, I'm curious which female figure you would say has enough "quality" to have made those statements against Kasaba without being attacked by Mammooty fans?
    Last edited by fuji; 12-18-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Jude fb post ititundallo.

Paru nu daily oronnu epo kitanindu....

Quote Originally Posted by fuji View Post
    I agree that she should have reacted if he spoke with a sexual connotation and described that as their "best characteristic."

Just doing a kissing scene is not gender-biased as long as it is a mutual choice between the characters. I personally don't think her decision to do a kissing scene "takes away her quality" as a person. Regardless, she didn't ask for a kissing scene to be written into the film---so just like I won't blame Mammoooty for saying those dialogues in Kasaba that were written by the scriptwriter, I won't "blame" Parvathy for kissing in a scene that was also conceived by the filmmaker/scriptwriter. If your argument is that she agreed to do it, Mammooty also agreed to say those dialogues----but again, I don't blame the actors for doing their requested job.

Sunny Leone would be hypocritical if she called out Mohanlal acting in a nude scene. Parvathy is not hypocritical in calling out the dialogues in Kasaba (unless you can tell me an instance where she herself has written similar dialogues for a film)

If you're implying that all instances of liplock or nudity is worse than saying those Kasaba dialogues, I would wholeheartedly disagree. In my opinion, there is no problem with a liplock or nudity scene if it's done aesthetically and not just to excite a certain section of the audience (and as long as it doesn't glorify a person forcing intimacy on another person). Those Kasaba dialogues were a clear glorification of a male's "power" over a female just for the sake of mass appeal and claps.

Her "new gen" character in Charlie---Once again, that's blaming an actor for something that the character does (which is conceived by the film's makers). This is also similar to blaming Mammooty for Kasaba's dialogues/scenes (which, again, Parvathy did not do---she was targeting the makers/scriptwriters). Regardless, what was so offensive about her character in Charlie?

Lastly, she was not criticizing Mammooty for poor selection of movies. She was criticizing the people who made those dialogues and conceived those scenes in a glorifying way. Anyways, I'm curious which female figure you would say has enough "quality" to have made those statements against Kasaba without being attacked by Mammooty fans?
    i think what ifran khan said was worse than mammoottys dialogues in kasaba. the problem with u people it is mammootty. suppose it was mammootty said instead all malayali girls are hot in bed. ningale polullavar angere panjikkidumayrunnu. oru cinema yil oru dialogue paranjathinu ithraym halilakkam enkil. negative ayitulla oru character stree vishyathil thaltparyamulla police officer cinema yil paranja dialogues aanithu. athupolulla athilum mosmayulla police officers namukkille. ayal pinne mother theresa, harichandran enniver pole samsarikkanamo. lal fan ya oru nadi ahankarathinu kayum kalaum vechappol mammootty ku ethira paniyamennu vechu. athava avalku athile dialogues istpettilla enkil mammootty yodu neritu parayamayirunnu. athinulla thantedam ille avalku. public ayi oru nadane moskaranakkan aval sramichu. it can not be forgiven. lal ne ayrunnu ithupole paranjathenkil ningalude reaction enikku oohikkam. again nobody is glorifying these kinds of dialogues. athe pole dialogues olla ethrayo movies ondu. angineyulla ella movies nem cherthu paranjal, koottathil kasaba yum ennalyalum kuzhppamilla. avale pole yulla ahankarikale support cheyan ningale polulla mammootty haters um pinnne kure avinja fiminist kalum ondennariyam good luck mr

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
    i think what ifran khan said was worse than mammoottys dialogues in kasaba. the problem with u people it is mammootty. suppose it was mammootty said instead all malayali girls are hot in bed. ningale polullavar angere panjikkidumayrunnu. oru cinema yil oru dialogue paranjathinu ithraym halilakkam enkil. negative ayitulla oru character stree vishyathil thaltparyamulla police officer cinema yil paranja dialogues aanithu. athupolulla athilum mosmayulla police officers namukkille. ayal pinne mother theresa, harichandran enniver pole samsarikkanamo. lal fan ya oru nadi ahankarathinu kayum kalaum vechappol mammootty ku ethira paniyamennu vechu. athava avalku athile dialogues istpettilla enkil mammootty yodu neritu parayamayirunnu. athinulla thantedam ille avalku. public ayi oru nadane moskaranakkan aval sramichu. it can not be forgiven. lal ne ayrunnu ithupole paranjathenkil ningalude reaction enikku oohikkam. again nobody is glorifying these kinds of dialogues. athe pole dialogues olla ethrayo movies ondu. angineyulla ella movies nem cherthu paranjal, koottathil kasaba yum ennalyalum kuzhppamilla. avale pole yulla ahankarikale support cheyan ningale polulla mammootty haters um pinnne kure avinja fiminist kalum ondennariyam good luck mr
    this is the whole point...

allenkil thane, ee dialogues allaandu, what is her real contribution to society... i agree she is young, but has she done anything notebale befitting her "feminist" status