Page 62 of 174 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: ★ Parvathy Thiruvoth ★ Official Thread ★

Quote Originally Posted by chandru View Post
    ee മീന്* പൊരിച്ചത് എന്താ സംഭവം?
    rimayude veettil akappade 3 kashanam meen porichathu.... amma athu ammoomma-kum, achanum pinne aniyanum koduthu.... athinte chodyam cheythu femisnist ayi.......

buji avan budhi paadilla ennu manasilayille?

btw, this is from troll.... ini vere enthenkilum undonnu ariyilla..... I don't read or watch actors or actresses at all, these days
    Last edited by Leader; 01-18-2018 at 10:26 AM.

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

ivied essay bahalam anallo...

Paravathiku agenda undayirunno.... chance kuravanu, though pre planned... aalakan, budhijeevi pattam alankarikkan kasaba ayudhamakki... paavam puthiyathonnum illathondu Kasabaye pidichu.... Avanazhiyude okke bhagyam

Is it Irfan scene or Kasaba scene ? It is Irfan's ... Kasaba dialogue is just to the lady officer.... Irfan's dialogue represents all Malayali women

Mammootty aa scene ozhivakkanamayirunno? - aa scene alla, padam thane ozhivakkendiyirunu.... aa scene , athindadutha Siddique scene ayappozhem njan kandam vazhi odi rakshapetta padam

EE Threadil Essay competition undo?

Ellavarum Nerathipidichu Essay aanalloo

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesfanboy View Post
    India is a democratic country. And an artist has the creative license to do whatever. The Central Board is put in charge to give the appropriate ratings based on the content. That's it and end of story.

If females want their own super hero characters, they have all the freedom and right to do a Kill Bill or whatnot. And they can bash and beat up a 100 men in it. Instead of whining, they should script, direct and act in some kinda of a fare like this and show that females have as much star power. If such a film ever came, and they did something sexist to male characters... I wouldn't even care. It's just entertainment afterall
    Thank you also for stating your opinion on the actual topic of glorifying misogyny in cinema.

Even if India is a democratic country, clearly there are things that filmmakers don't put in their films (everyone has an underlying self-conscience and awareness of what's not appropriate, and if they don't, the Censor Board forces the cut if they think its offensive).

Anyways, I am wary of the the Censor Board because they run the risk of confusing things that are liberal for things that are offensive (and sometimes ignoring things that are offensive as part of the filmmaker's freedom). But I do hope that glorifying misogyny is something that mainstream filmmakers over time subconsciously see as inappropriate themselves and that they themselves choose not to include this in mass films to score points with a certain section of the audience. If a mainstream filmmaker today wouldn't include a scene that might hurt some people's religious sentiment, then hopefully one day they won't feel its appropriate to include a scene that can be seen as glorifying misogyny.

As for female super hero characters that mimic the male-dominated mass films like Kasaba, I think it will be a long long time before that type of film 1) finds a steady line of producers in our male-dominated industry , 2) gets a large enough audience to come watch it in our male-dominated society, and 3) gets as much of a widespread acceptance as those male-centered mass films in our male-dominated society. Even the realistic female "solo-star" movies that we have currently are few and far between, and the ones that are successful don't even come close to the wide profit margins of the typical hero-centered films.

Anyways, stating an opinion (or "whining" as you put it) is also a democratic freedom. If you disagree with something, you are entitled to respectfully speak your mind without fear of threat or harm. And if someone disagrees with you, then they are free to respectfully counter your argument with their own points. So on and so forth. Unfortunately, there's no "that's it, end of story."

Aka this thread might go on for ages lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    rimayude veettil akappade 3 kashanam meen porichathu.... amma athu ammoomma-kum, achanum pinne aniyanum koduthu.... athinte chodyam cheythu femisnist ayi.......

buji avan budhi paadilla ennu manasilayille?

btw, this is from troll.... ini vere enthenkilum undonnu ariyilla..... I don't read or watch actors or actresses at all, these days
    i go with Dr. Lal Sadasivan's FB post in this issue..

We feel very proud of you dear sister Rima Kallingal (Rima Rajan) !! I was searching for your speech after I read some very derogatory comments written by some 'gentlemen' on social media. If such men have understood your speech just as a case of a silly fight over a piece of fish fry, they need to be sent back to school again; to learn to patiently listen and to learn to understand expressions in simple English.
    പ്രിയ സഹോദരി റിമ, താങ്കളിൽ വലിയ അഭിമാനം തോന്നുന്നു. താങ്കളുടെ പ്രസംഗം യൂട്യൂബിൽ തിരയുകയായിരുന്നു, സാമൂഹ്യമാധ്യമങ്ങളിൽ ചില 'മഹാന്മാരുടെ' നെറികെട്ട കമന്റുകൾ വായിച്ചിട്ട്. താങ്കളുടെ പ്രസംഗം കേട്ടിട്ട് അത് വെറുമൊരു പൊരിച്ച മീൻകഷണത്തിനു വേണ്ടിയുള്ള നിസാര വഴക്കായാണ് ഏതെങ്കിലും പുരുഷകേസരിക്ക് മനസ്സിലായിരിക്കുന്നതെങ്കിൽ അയാളെ തിരികെ സ്*കൂളിൽ കൊണ്ടുചെന്നാക്കണം; കാര്യങ്ങൾ ക്ഷമയോടെയും ശ്രദ്ധയോടെയും കേൾക്കാനും ലളിതമായ ഇംഗ്ലീഷിൽ പറയുന്ന കാര്യങ്ങളെങ്കിലും മനസ്സിലാക്കാനും പഠിക്കാൻ.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesfanboy View Post
    Yes. That serial has made the main male characters in it into complete fools. Even Hollywood Tv shows like Everybody loves Raymond does the same thing and the character is called an "idiot". No man goes around complaining about this lol

Woman want to dominant the film industry? Go and create some female Mohanlal and Mammootys and some good female filmmakers. That's your only fair way. Everything else will only lead to more controversies.
    Yea, I would say that some of those serials are definitely annoying as well because they make the males seem so one-dimensional. But within our industry, clearly there have been countless more serials (and movies) where female characters have been portrayed as one-dimensional and/or under the jurisdiction of men. Not to mention, misogyny in Indian society has been engrained to a much greater degree than any form of anti-men sentiment.

I don't believe any gender should dominate the film industry. In an ideal world, there is equal space and potential for both genders in the industry. But that is definitely not the case today, because the playing field is simply not equal in terms of opportunities, pay, and marketability of the actors.
    Last edited by fuji; 01-18-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SachinMammookka View Post
    allathe njan parayunnathu mathram Sheri enna attitude theerthum childish aanu...
    Obviously everyone expresses their opinion because they think what they're saying is logically right. Other people are free to point why they think your points are wrong. And so on and so forth. That's called a healthy discussion.

But if someone responds to a counterargument saying "just ignore this person" or "add to the ignore list"...now that's childish.

9. Likes ballu liked this post

What she says is :
    Njan cheythaal "cool".. Nee cheythaal "crazy"
    Njan cheythaal "glamourous".. Nee cheythaal "vulgar"
    Njan cheythaal "modern".. Nee cheythaal "cultureless"

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    ivied essay bahalam anallo...

Paravathiku agenda undayirunno.... chance kuravanu, though pre planned... aalakan, budhijeevi pattam alankarikkan kasaba ayudhamakki... paavam puthiyathonnum illathondu Kasabaye pidichu.... Avanazhiyude okke bhagyam

Is it Irfan scene or Kasaba scene ? It is Irfan's ... Kasaba dialogue is just to the lady officer.... Irfan's dialogue represents all Malayali women

Mammootty aa scene ozhivakkanamayirunno? - aa scene alla, padam thane ozhivakkendiyirunu.... aa scene , athindadutha Siddique scene ayappozhem njan kandam vazhi odi rakshapetta padam
    thats not the case for argument here.... u r being too diplomatic.. state the obvious man

@fuji,

U seem to be very concerned about female representation... appreciate it...

i came into this argument, because few like u though not questioning the intentions, seem to think Paravthy was just referring to the issue only, which few of us do not buy... so we have 2 issues here...
    - misogyny in cinemas --- agree with u and should be discussed... honestly for me glorification of other villanism acts are far more dangerous to the society that misogyny.
    - parvathy's intentions --- for u this may be trivial... but u cannot dictate to us that this is not important at all... for the records, parvathy is not the first person to raise this issue. there was a hue n cry at the time of release... here she conveniently brought kasaba when the incident surrounding that cinema had subsided.. so if she was really serious on taking on the misogyny issue, she should have at the minimum, taken a few examples to state her point and not "unintentionally" hurt the sentiments of certain section and drag someone of Mammooty's stature into undesired controversies.. respect to colleagues is not a bad thing to have either.. we r a sentimental society and as much as certain things are deplorable, we do love our heroes... for me and the likes of me strongly beleive she intentianlly brought kasaba and her target was more of Mammooty than addressing the misogyny issue (which u r more serious than her I wud say :)).

13. Likes bilal john, BangaloreaN liked this post