Page 64 of 174 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: ★ Parvathy Thiruvoth ★ Official Thread ★

Quote Originally Posted by mukkuvan View Post
    Idhu verum troll aano.... Adho aarenkilum endhenkilum post cheyidhadhaano ???
    https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...alk-bang-74899

Popular Malayalam actor Rima Kallingal recently spoke about confronting gender discrimination in the film industry in a TedX talk organised in Kerala.

Rima began her talk with a little anecdote about how her journey towards feminism began.

"I'm a feminist and my feminism started with a fish fry. So, once upon a time, my family was seated around the dining table with my grand-mom, dad, my brother and myself. My mom is serving food and never in her entire life has it occurred to her that she can actually sit down along with us and we can all serve our own food. But that story is for another day. And today, she does three fish fries and she makes sure that the oldest one at the table and the two men at the table get one each. The 12-year-old me sees this and weeps. I'm deeply hurt and I demand to know why I am not considered deserving of the fish fry," she said.

Adding that her mother was "flabbergasted" by her demand, Rima went on to say that the former had probably never got the coveted fish fry all her life and couldn't understand why her daughter had a problem.

"But then that’s how my journey of questions began," the actor said.

While her speech has been lauded by many on social media, there are others who are wondering what the correlation between fish and feminism is. They seem to believe that Rima should be given a fish fry or two to settle the issue. Over the past few hours, many have taken to social media, ridiculing and belittling Rima. The series of comments seem to have started after Mathrubhumi published an article on her TedX talk with a headline: "Aa varutha 3 meen kashnangalanenne feminist aakkiyathu" (It is those 3 fish fries that made me a feminist.)
    My ratings for last 5 Lalettan movies:
    * 01/24 - Malaikottai Vaaliban - 4/5
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5
    * 10/22 - Monster - 2.6/5
    * 05/22 - 12th Man - 2.5/5

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Quote Originally Posted by BangaloreaN View Post

veettil 3 feminichikal undavan agraham illenkil ..............
    Actually 4 meen kashnam undayirunnu.......Orennam porichappol thanne eduthu thinnu.......Athukondanu oonu samayathu kodukkanjathennanu driksakshi vivaranam......

Quote Originally Posted by Free Thinker View Post
    Actually 4 meen kashnam undayirunnu.......Orennam porichappol thanne eduthu thinnu.......Athukondanu oonu samayathu kodukkanjathennanu driksakshi vivaranam......
    ithu kondalle nammal malayalikal ULLIKKARI kazhikkunnathu.
    athavumpol ellarkkum kazhikkan kittumallo.

5. Likes Free Thinker liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by BangaloreaN View Post

veettil 3 feminichikal undavan agraham illenkil ..............
    എന്നാ പിന്നെ 3 ഉം ഞാൻ തന്നെ തിന്നും

Quote Originally Posted by mukkuvan View Post
    Idhu verum troll aano.... Adho aarenkilum endhenkilum post cheyidhadhaano ???
    Avale thanne public aayite viliche paranjatha...full speech here

BEL20VED

Quote Originally Posted by chandru View Post
    i go with Dr. Lal Sadasivan's FB post in this issue..

We feel very proud of you dear sister Rima Kallingal (Rima Rajan) !! I was searching for your speech after I read some very derogatory comments written by some 'gentlemen' on social media. If such men have understood your speech just as a case of a silly fight over a piece of fish fry, they need to be sent back to school again; to learn to patiently listen and to learn to understand expressions in simple English.
    പ്രിയ സഹോദരി റിമ, താങ്കളിൽ വലിയ അഭിമാനം തോന്നുന്നു. താങ്കളുടെ പ്രസംഗം യൂട്യൂബിൽ തിരയുകയായിരുന്നു, സാമൂഹ്യമാധ്യമങ്ങളിൽ ചില 'മഹാന്മാരുടെ' നെറികെട്ട കമന്റുകൾ വായിച്ചിട്ട്. താങ്കളുടെ പ്രസംഗം കേട്ടിട്ട് അത് വെറുമൊരു പൊരിച്ച മീൻകഷണത്തിനു വേണ്ടിയുള്ള നിസാര വഴക്കായാണ് ഏതെങ്കിലും പുരുഷകേസരിക്ക് മനസ്സിലായിരിക്കുന്നതെങ്കിൽ അയാളെ തിരികെ സ്*കൂളിൽ കൊണ്ടുചെന്നാക്കണം; കാര്യങ്ങൾ ക്ഷമയോടെയും ശ്രദ്ധയോടെയും കേൾക്കാനും ലളിതമായ ഇംഗ്ലീഷിൽ പറയുന്ന കാര്യങ്ങളെങ്കിലും മനസ്സിലാക്കാനും പഠിക്കാൻ.
    I have no plan to listen to the video in youtube.. I won't listen to hypocrites and anyone who prclaims any isms such as communism, terrorism, femisim, vegetraionism, ayurvedism, jaivakrishiyism etc.....

ente veettil poricha meen enikku kittiyathu pole ente pengalkkum kittiyathu kondavum enikku ingane thonnathathu...

I agree there is discrimination in society, and it has to be chnaged and the change will happen and it should be gradual... give it's time.

Reema paranjathu nannayi, if i happened to have a daughter i will make sure that she gets fish fry.... illel avasanam feminist aayallo, naale oru aalude koode kettichu vidaan ullathalle... pulli abu ne pole alllel pani aakum....

Ramayanathil Sita devi de sthanathu Reema Kallingal enganum aayirunnel ente ponnoo pavam Shri Raman katta poka aayene

ennanavo Ramayanam polichu ezhuthan paraya...... Sita devi okke bhoomiyolam kshamiche portion okke ivaru vaayikkale daivame
    Last edited by SachinMammookka; 01-18-2018 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SachinMammookka View Post
    Reema paranjathu nannayi, if i happened to have a daughter i will make sure that she gets fish fry.... illel avasanam feminist aayallo, naale oru aalude koode kettichu vidaan ullathalle... pulli abu ne pole alllel pani aakum....
    Fish fry mathramalla chicken fryum beef fryum ore pole alannu thookki thanne kodukkanam......Makanum makalkkum leg piece kittunnundu ennu urappu varuthanam......

Feminism is another fascism, i support gender equality.... but that doesnt mean that ladies and men have everything in common.... angane aanel we dont need 2 genders.... just need only one....
    feminists kochammamar manassilakkenda main karyam athanu....

13. Likes moovybuf liked this post