Page 180 of 314 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 3138

Thread: ♛⚽️2017/18 English Premier League ⚽️♛ Man City are Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    management had already agreed a top striker signing next summer (rumors are its going to be griezmann) which is a reason they will stick to 20m and won't pay arsenal's price of 35m... and gabriel jesus will be back in 2 weeks, earlier than expected, in time for the CL match against Basel... despite these, if sanchez does end up in city, it would mean, city still believe they could have won against liverpool if aguero could have been subbed with fresh legs an hour into the game...
    I expected bernardo silva little early, and next time i like stone when one on one running towards ur own goal to try to put the ball to side line for a throw or corner, it is easy defending, cos if u miss he will be through, also ederson can hit the ball to side line, it was clear he could not find a city player, so hit it out of the play, u miss hit and u r in trouble..

Banned

Most assists in Europe's top five leagues this season:

🇫🇷 Paul Pogba (9 in 13 games) (at halftime)
    🇧🇷 Neymar (9 in 14 games)
    🇩🇪 Philipp Max (9 in 18 games)
    🇩🇰 Pione Sisto (9 in 19 games)
    🇩🇪 Leroy Sane (9 in 21 games)
    🇧🇪 Kevin De Bruyne (9 in 23 games)

Quote Originally Posted by bens View Post
    I expected bernardo silva little early, and next time i like stone when one on one running towards ur own goal to try to put the ball to side line for a throw or corner, it is easy defending, cos if u miss he will be through, also ederson can hit the ball to side line, it was clear he could not find a city player, so hit it out of the play, u miss hit and u r in trouble..
    agree on the stones one... could have slided it out... better he should have fallen down as it was a clear shove from firminho... or as for the ederson one, if it had indeed found debruyne as it was supposed to, a swift counter-attack could have been formed... so i don't think ederson should back out from that sort of play....

agreed that liverpool won and you are dancing on cloud nine but to say klopp knew how to make opposition make mistakes, come on! we still scored 2 and for some moments had liverpool fans wondering whether this might be one of those 'here we go' moment again... even klopp seemed disturbed towards the end. now don't tell me he was pretending to be rattled! agreed that liverpool pressing was there but those were city defensive errors all the way. you say, if liverpool could have continued in the same vein after the salah goal, what about i say liverpool couldn't continue with it because pep found a way to suddenly drop the shutter off and attack back, would you agree. no. likewise...
    No sir , I was on the moon...

To be honest most of the goals we see are one way other defensive errors if you go that way... Under pressure players commit mistakes - some not under pressure. City players have been very good so far and never had been under pressure OR can you recall a game for me?? Any pundit would agree/agreed that City's defensive errors were result of Liverpool's high pressing game - you say otherwise bcoz its hard to digest the facts. Your moments were there just last 10 minutes of the second half after Can was substituted and some parts of the first half - of which the goal any good GK could have pushed away. Your players had 3 yellows in 10 minutes either side of our 4th goal was a sign of frustration city players in.

LFC is the first team who put an end to City's unbeaten run this season and only one able to score over 2 goals in these 23 games they played ( in which all these Utd, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal all tried and failed) - there is going away from the fact that how this happen rather ur simple reason City players simply committed errors...

agree on the stones one... could have slided it out... better he should have fallen down as it was a clear shove from firminho... or as for the ederson one, if it had indeed found debruyne as it was supposed to, a swift counter-attack could have been formed... so i don't think ederson should back out from that sort of play....
    we would have got away with any other team but against teams like liverpool should be more alert, there was no one in post if ederson misses, it's just a matter of hitting the target... and for salah who beats gk's with ease in his recent hot form it was nothing... if we avoid mistakes like these we would be able to tackle high pressing teams, otherwise it present openings from nothing for opponents..

Quote Originally Posted by sillan View Post
    No sir , I was on the moon... To be honest most of the goals we see are one way other defensive errors if you go that way... Under pressure players commit mistakes - some not under pressure. City players have been very good so far and never had been under pressure OR can you recall a game for me?? Any pundit would agree/agreed that City's defensive errors were result of Liverpool's high pressing game - you say otherwise bcoz its hard to digest the facts. Your moments were there just last 10 minutes of the second half after Can was substituted and some parts of the first half - of which the goal any good GK could have pushed away. Your players had 3 yellows in 10 minutes either side of our 4th goal was a sign of frustration city players in. LFC is the first team who put an end to City's unbeaten run this season and only one able to score over 2 goals in these 23 games they played ( in which all these Utd, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal all tried and failed) - there is going away from the fact that how this happen rather ur simple reason City players simply committed errors...
    dude you must be on some moon then... just check the goals scored by stoke against us... they were defensive errors too... then check those that napoli scored against us... those were from their own press and play skills... chamberlain's was one such... whereas stones failed to kick the ball away, firminho got off not being cautioned... otamendi's clearance fell to salah and ends up with mane scoring... check out klopp's press conference where he himself has said salah's goal had advantage of the wind blowing against city... now, i am not complaining but did sane's goal start off with him shoulder-pushing your defender away... did silva's goal happen with any of your player trying to clear the ball... did gundogan's goal have advantage of the wind... i am not saying city has not been lucky, of course we have been lucky but that does not mean we go on saying luck is something invented by pep as a strategy... like i said before, i agree you defeated us, liverpool were the first to defeat city this season and ofcourse you will relish it because the 5-0 thumping hurt that much its hard for you to digest... and one more thing, going down 5-0 embarrassed or going from 1-4 embarrassing to near-comeback 3-4; who managed a crisis better? liverpool played better, pressed better, deserved to win but 2 of your goals started off as city defensive errors and please don't say klopp engineered our players to make defensive errors because teams have scored against us without that help.

dude you must be on some moon then... just check the goals scored by stoke against us... they were defensive errors too... then check those that napoli scored against us... those were from their own press and play skills... chamberlain's was one such... whereas stones failed to kick the ball away, firminho got off not being cautioned... otamendi's clearance fell to salah and ends up with mane scoring... check out klopp's press conference where he himself has said salah's goal had advantage of the wind blowing against city... now, i am not complaining but did sane's goal start off with him shoulder-pushing your defender away... did silva's goal happen with any of your player trying to clear the ball... did gundogan's goal have advantage of the wind... i am not saying city has not been lucky, of course we have been lucky but that does not mean we go on saying luck is something invented by pep as a strategy... like i said before, i agree you defeated us, liverpool were the first to defeat city this season and ofcourse you will relish it because the 5-0 thumping hurt that much its hard for you to digest... and one more thing, going down 5-0 embarrassed or going from 1-4 embarrassing to near-comeback 3-4; who managed a crisis better? liverpool played better, pressed better, deserved to win but 2 of your goals started off as city defensive errors and please don't say klopp engineered our players to make defensive errors because teams have scored against us without that help.
    west ham, shakthar too..

Quote Originally Posted by bens View Post
    we would have got away with any other team but against teams like liverpool should be more alert, there was no one in post if ederson misses, it's just a matter of hitting the target... and for salah who beats gk's with ease in his recent hot form it was nothing... if we avoid mistakes like these we would be able to tackle high pressing teams, otherwise it present openings from nothing for opponents..
    playing our way and scoring three goals against liverpool at anfield is, on any day, a guarantee enough for a win... but what happened is, our back-line couldn't handle the pressure... no use saying lack of kompany or fatigue or anfield crowd hostility or anything, those would just be lame excuses... the truth is our for 10 minutes our back-line failed to cross the ball over to the front-line and paid the price... a loss was inevitably supposed to happen... but when it happens against a top 6 team, the reverberations are bound to be critical, thats all... 15 points ahead (at that time) i would rather city play hard and lose marginally against liverpool or spurs rather than crumble without a fight in later stages of CL... there is no need to change the tactics or anything, just have to be a bit more aware of opponent positions and if, nothing else, go pragmatic rather than heroic...

playing our way and scoring three goals against liverpool at anfield is, on any day, a guarantee enough for a win... but what happened is, our back-line couldn't handle the pressure... no use saying lack of kompany or fatigue or anfield crowd hostility or anything, those would just be lame excuses... the truth is our for 10 minutes our back-line failed to cross the ball over to the front-line and paid the price... a loss was inevitably supposed to happen... but when it happens against a top 6 team, the reverberations are bound to be critical, thats all... 15 points ahead (at that time) i would rather city play hard and lose marginally against liverpool or spurs rather than crumble without a fight in later stages of CL... there is no need to change the tactics or anything, just have to be a bit more aware of opponent positions and if, nothing else, go pragmatic rather than heroic...
    even after conceding 4 there was no change, they build attack from the back, that is good, no need to change the approach, and scored 2 more, that's a positive sign indeed...
    now the transfer priorities may change, we have no left back with delph injured, danilo is a make shift... we must go for a left back and that's it for this window.... in summer go for a midfielder like weigl/fred, an attacker in the greizmann/dybala mould, bring back pablo maffeo cover for walker, and then a replacement for mangala....