Thread: Shyamaprasad to direct Anoop Menon after 16 years

Default Shyamaprasad to direct Anoop Menon after 16 years

Shyamaprasad to direct Anoop Menon after 16 years

Anoop Menon's career seems to have come full circle. The actor, who began acting in 2001 with director Shyamaprasad's teleserial Manalnagaram, has now been roped in as the protagonist for his upcoming directorial.

"It was something that was destined to happen," says Anoop Menon, who first met Shyamaprasad on the day his LLB results were out.

The actor recalls, "I gave a small party at a food joint in Kowdiar to my friends that day as I had secured the first rank. After that Shankar Ramakrishnan and I were walking to the public library when he said that his cousin's house was nearby and Shyamaprasad was his neighbour."

Back then, Shyamaprasad had directed a telefilm tited Uyarthezhunnelppu. "Both of us were reading works of authors such as Franz Kafka and we were completely blown away by Shyamettan's telefilm and wanted to meet him," he says.

On an impulse, they went to Shyamaprasad's house to talk to the director. "I still don't know where we found the courage to do so, but he was very courteous," Anoop recalls. "He happened to see the day's newspaper that carried my photo as I had won the rank. So, that was a big plus."

The three talked about cinema, exchanged numbers and Shyamaprasad also asked them what they wanted to do if they got an opportunity to work in films, says Anoop. "Shankar said he was interesting in writing, and I blurted out that I wanted to be an actor," he says.

Three weeks later, Shyamaprasad called Anoop and offered him a part in his serial Manalnagaram. "So, Shyamettan was the first director to film me. We shot the scene at a food joint in Bakery Junction. It was just a shot of me having ice cream but I couldn't get it right. Each time I took a scoop, some of it would get stuck on my moustache and I would try to wipe it off. We had to go for 20 re-takes to get it right but he was patient throughout the process," recalls Anoop.

After the tele-serial the two remained friends but never got an opportunity to work together till last year, when Shyamaprasad did a cameo in Anoop Menon starrer Karinkunnam 6's.

"He would regularly call me up and tell me how my performances have improved since that first film. And now, he has entrusted me with the role of the protagonist of his upcoming film, which is probably one of his most challenging projects yet," says Anoop Menon, adding that the movie is expected to go on floors by October.

Meanwhile, Shyamaprasad also has another project lined up this year titled Hey Jude, which has Nivin Pauly and Trisha in the lead.

2. Likes kandahassan liked this post
  3. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

ശ്യാമപ്രസാദിനൊപ്പം വീണ്ടും അനൂപ് മേനോൻ

പതിനാറ് വർഷത്തിന് ശേഷം സംവിധായകൻ ശ്യാമപ്രസാദ് അനൂപ് മേനോനെ കേന്ദ്ര കഥാപാത്രമാക്കി സിനിമ ഒരുക്കുന്നു. 2001ൽ ശ്യാമപ്രസാദിന്റെ
    മണൽനഗരം എന്ന സീരിയലിലൂടെ ആയിരുന്നു അനൂപ് മേനോൻ തന്റെ അഭിനയ ജീവിതം തുടങ്ങിയത്.
    ചിത്രത്തിന്റെ കൂടുതൽ വിവരങ്ങൾ ഒന്നും തന്നെ പുറത്ത് വിട്ടിട്ടില്ല. നായികയേയും മറ്റ് കഥാപാത്രങ്ങളേയും തീരുമാനിച്ചിട്ടുമില്ല. അനൂപ് മേനോൻ നായകനായ
    കരിങ്കുന്നം സിക്സസ് എന്ന സിനിമയിൽ ശ്യാമപ്രസാദ് അതിഥിവേഷം ചെയ്തിരുന്നു.

യുവനടൻ നിവിൻ പോളിയെ നായകനാക്കി ഒരുക്കുന്ന ഹേയ് ജൂഡ് എന്ന് പേരിട്ടിരിക്കുന്ന ചിത്രത്തിന് ശേഷമായിരിക്കും അനൂപ് മേനോനുമൊത്തുള്ള സിനിമ തുടങ്ങുക.
    പ്രശസ്ത തെന്നിന്ത്യൻ താരം തൃഷയാണ് ചിത്രത്തിൽ നിവിന്റെ നായികയാവുന്നത്.

Booked ........................

Booked ........................

Booked .............

FK SULTHAN

Booked...................................

All the best.............