Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 83◄║╝Ranveer Singh ■ Deepika Padukone ■ Kabir Khan ■ STREAMING NOW ON NETFLIX ■

Default 83◄║╝Ranveer Singh ■ Deepika Padukone ■ Kabir Khan ■ STREAMING NOW ON NETFLIX ■

Last edited by aak; 11-30-2021 at 03:25 PM.

2. Likes Saathan liked this post

teaser/trailer

Ranveer Singh
    is all set to recreate the most memorable moment of Indian cricket history on screen with Kabir Khan’s film titled ’83.

Essaying the role of Kapil Dev, Ranveer along with the Tubelight director Kabir will make the cine fans relive the proud moment in the history of Indian cricket when the squad of 14 men gave the nation a reason to celebrate. In 1983, the Indian cricket team led by Kapil Dev lifted the World Cup in England. It was the first time ever, that an Indian team won any prominent tournament and changed the face of the game in the country.

But before the movie goes on the floor early next year, the makers have planned a special event to honour the cricketers who brought laurels to the country back in 1983. The event is touted to be a grand one with the invites being given a unique design. Comprising of a bat and a ball, the invites are in sync with the theme of the film. Interestingly, the bat has been autographed by the champions of 1983 World Cup and has a tagline as ’83, when it all started.

The winning team comprised of ace-cricketers like Kapil Dev, Mohinder Amarnath, Sunil Gavaskar, Kirti Azad, Yashpal Sharma, Krishnamachari Srikkanth, Roger Binny, Balwinder Singh Sandhu, Sandeep Patil, Syed Kirmani, Madan Lal, Ravi Shastri, Dilip Vengsarkar, Sunil Valson and their manager PR Man Singh.
    Last edited by OxY; 09-27-2017 at 11:23 PM.

Ranveer Singh on ’83: The greatest Indian sports story will now get its deserved cinematic glory

Indian Cricket history’s most important chapter, World Cup 1983, is already etched in our memories, but now it is time to revisit the episode in a cinematic manner with Bollywood film ’83. And who else would be better than Ranveer Singh to portray the iconic cricketer. The actor will be playing Kapil Dev, who lead the team back then.

Ranveer attended the announcement event in Mumbai with all the legendary players who were part of the team during the 1983 World Cup. The actor made each and every player revisit some memories on stage. Ranveer also became extremely emotional about getting the opportunity.
    “I feel honoured & privileged to be part of this film. One of the greatest underdog stories of all time – finally coming 2 the silver screen. To have met our sporting heroes in the flesh & be regaled by their stories – full of nostalgia, humour, emotion. A truly unforgettable event. The greatest Indian sports story will now get its deserved cinematic glory! It’s time to #Relive83 ,may God bless our endeavour. Im filled with a sense of responsibility to make a film the entire nation can be proud of. Thank u for this opportunity Kabir Khan,” he wrote in a series of tweets.

EXCLUSIVE | Kabir Khan on directing Kapil Dev’s biopic ’83: This is a story which should never be forgotten

Kabir Khan has officially announced a Kapil Dev biopic starring Ranveer Singh in the lead. The film will tell stories from the remarkable 1983 Cricket World Cup that India brought back home under the stewardship of cricketer Kapil Dev.

On talking about the film, Kabir Khan expressed excitement and also said that the film is a huge responsibility for him.

“Once in a lifetime you get a story when every pore of your body screams to tell the story. This is that story in my life. This is a story which should never be forgotten. For me, it’s a great responsibility. I want to make my son feel as proud of the team as I did back then as a school boy.” Kabir told reporters.

Kabir also shared how he relished the Indian team’s victory. He said, “When I was watching this match as a young boy, I didn’t realise the implications of the win. I didn’t realise cricket was going to change forever from that day. That day in 1983, when these gentlemen were being paid 16 pounds a day as daily allowance in London, because of them cricket changed and today 16,000 cr are being paid for TV rights. That’s what these people did.”
    The event today was special. All the members of the 1983 cricket team who brought the cup were present. All of these members shared an anecdote each from their memorable day.

In the film, Ranveer Singh plays the role of Kapil Dev. The Padmavati actor said that when Kabir narrated the story, he was surprised and shocked.

“I was born into a time when cricket was the number one sport in our country. It was the biggest thing and I never knew the back story. When Kabir Khan told me I am making a film on 1983, I was like finally the greatest sports story is coming to the screens,” Ranveer said.

Launch

All the best.............