Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 83◄║╝Ranveer Singh ■ Deepika Padukone ■ Kabir Khan ■ STREAMING NOW ON NETFLIX ■

superb project...long overdue.
    we will get a chance to watch kapils 175 for the first time.

curious to know the cast..gavaskar, srikanth, amarnath :) ...excited !

I’m really fond of Ranveer Singh, says 1983 director Kabir Khan

Filmmaker Kabir Khan, who is working with Ranveer Singh in “1983”, says that he is really fond of the actor. The maker is all set to present the story of the 1983 Indian cricket team’s World Cup victory on screen. It will feature Ranveer as the captain, Kapil Dev.

Kabir on Wednesday attended Miss Diva Grand Finale as a judge and was asked about the feeling to direct an iconic story. Kabir said: “‘1983’ is a very special project to me. I feel it’s more than a film. I will continue making films but there are some projects which comes to you which are much above films and our individual career and ‘1983’ is that kind of project.”

Asked to comment on the trailer of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s “Padmavati”, he said: “I really liked the trailer of the film and look of Ranveer. I am really fond of him and I am doing my next film with him.”

“‘Padmavati’ trailer is absolutely magnificent. The story of the film is looking really interesting and setting is also very interesting,” he added.

The film is backed by Vishnu Vardhan Induri of Vibri Media and founder of CCL, along with Phantom Films.

Ranveer Singh film on 1983 cricket World Cup to release on April 2019

83, a Bollywood film which will tell the story of India’s incredible 1983 cricket World Cup victory, will release on April 5, 2019, its makers Reliance Entertainment and Phantom Films in association with Vibri Media and Kabir Khan Films, announced on Sunday.

The Kabir Khan directorial will feature actor Ranveer Singh as star cricketer Kapil Dev.

The film follows how, under the captaincy of then newbie Kapil Dev, the Indian cricket team defeated West Indies. It tracks the coming-of-age of not just a cricketing team, but of a young nation in the eyes of the world.

Khan said in a statement: “As a young school boy, when I watched India win the 1983 Cricket World Cup, I had no idea that from that day onwards cricket in India will change forever. As a filmmaker, for me, the journey to that win, filled with raw energy and sheer passion of that young Indian team, is probably one of the most exciting stories I have worked on.
    “And it’s great to have Ranveer come on board to play Kapil Dev, as honestly, I could see no one else for the role, ever since I started finalizing the script.”

Shibasish Sarkar, Chief Operating Officer, Reliance Entertainment, said, “Winning the ’83 cricket World Cup was a very proud moment for us as Indians and we at Reliance Entertainment aim to bring back those glorious moments for the current and future generations through this film.”

jeeva as srikanth kollam..

blockbuster material...
    will be interesting to watch how they recreate or intercut actual match visuals... even crowds from the '83 WC.
    can't wait to watch Ranveer do that fluid, iconic kapil run-up and delivery.
    Be kind, rewind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    blockbuster material...
    will be interesting to watch how they recreate or intercut actual match visuals... even crowds from the '83 WC.
    can't wait to watch Ranveer do that fluid, iconic kapil run-up and delivery.
    Don't think Kabir has made a really good film yet. This could be the one. The failure of Tubelight (Race 3 is a classic compared to this) may force him to work extra hard on this.