Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fisherman's Review of Janapriyan's Ramaleela

Default Fisherman's Review of Janapriyan's Ramaleela

Fisherman's Review of Janapriyan's Ramaleela
    Sept 29, 7PM
    EKM - PVR Cinemas
    Status - HF

Had been waiting for this movie since the arrest of Dileep. I had always been a fan of several Dileep comedy crapers even though his recent movies dissappointed me big time. Reviews which came in yesterday made my expectations sky rocket and the crowd especially in theatres like EKM Sarita was just amazing. Have never seen this kind of response on the initial day for any Dileep movie. So all these increased my expectation. So did the movie live up to my expectation - Definitely YES, except probably for the first part of 2nd half.

Now coming to the movie. Movie is all about politics with little family moments in between. An out and out political movie. It is very difficult for a political movie to be a successfull entertainer. Our old IV Sasi classics are a big exception. This is where Ramaleela succeeds big time. First half is a breeze with not even a moment which will get you bored. Just an awesome first half where Ramanunni's political character is established along with his family political background. Also all the associated characters are established in the first half. First Half has some good Mass Scenes which will send goosebumps across viewers. The political fight and the mom - son relationship is well established in the first half. First half ends with a super interval punch.

Second Half is all about how Ramanunni gets himself out of the biggest trouble he is facing and how he fights the election till the Voting day. Some part of this getting out of trouble is little lengthy and little boring saved by some comedies by Shajon. But towards later half the film again falls back on track and goes full steam ahead. The film then ends with a Superb Climax which will be an electrifying experience for most viewers and especially any communists.

Positives
    Dileep - A towering performance from him. Much much above Runway, Lion performance. He is just awesome and has rocked On Screen.
    Script by Sachi is great except for some part of 2nd half.
    Direction - Superb direction by the new comer.

Negatives
    First part of 2nd half lags little bit.
    Still to be seen how this will appeal to families. Unlike usual Dileep movies which gets family flocking theatres, this is a different genre.

Overall Summary - An awesome political thriller with a towering Performance from Janapriyan. After a long time a movie which I felt like seeing again.

Crowd Response - Good claps for several scenes. Good claps for Janapriyan in Title and Dileep Intro. Dedicating this success to all those who have been day dreaming about and end to Dileep's career since his arrest. I think they all have got their answers with the tremendous response this movie has received during the initial shows.

Rating - 4.5 / 5.
    Mollywood on a roll... Premalu, Brahmayugam, Manjummel Boys - Content Rich and Money Rich. Others Envy Mallu's Pride

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Thanks mukkuvan bhai

Quote Originally Posted by mukkuvan View Post
    Fisherman's Review of Janapriyan's Ramaleela
    Thanks bhai!..hoping to see it in theatres here in US once it gets released.As a mamooka fan, I have a good feeling that it can be a super hit movie in the longer run..
    Last edited by renjuus; 09-30-2017 at 11:59 AM.

Thanks for the review.. MUKKUVAN....

Thanxx Mukkuva...!!

Thanks for the review...

Thanx for the review bhai..

Thanks Mukkuvan Bhai

Thanks for the review
    MEGASTAR MAMMOOKKA THE FACE OF INDIAN CINEMA 😎😍

good review ....thanks