Page 73 of 1503 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475831231735731073 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚔️MaManGaM⚔️ Mega★MaMMooTTy's Magnum Opus ►M Padmakumar►Venu►BaTTLe beGins TomorroW

Boothakannadi did a good bussiness at Thrissur its run more than thrissur Ramdas....
    I thing rest of the places as well.

1. Mathilukal
    2. Vidheyan
    3. Boothakannadi
    4. Ponthanmada

Okke nalla collection (when considering a award movie) vaangiya padangalanu

Quote Originally Posted by MamBlr View Post
    I did not quote Vidheyan. It ran reasonably well.

Mammootty's off beat movies usually collect much better than his competitors'.
    Vidheyan, Ponthan mada etc are good examples.
    Bhoothakkannaadi ran only 2 or 3 weeks regular shows in Tvm. So I thought it did not do well.

2. Likes MamBlr liked this post
  3. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Noted... Wil update..
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjad Kodungallur View Post
    Title Sheri aaku. It's Maamaankam

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Noted... Wil update..
    Aah
    March 30

Quote Originally Posted by BASH1982 View Post
    Danny alpy cinehouse house full show njan kanda padamanu videyan also hit movie bhoothakannadiyum commerialy moshamallarunnu ennanu ente arivu
    Ikkade offbeat padangalkku preshakar undarunnu
    bhoothakannadi underperformed baaki ellam success aanu considering the genre. ponthan mada superhit aanu ..75 days tvm.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    bhoothakannadi underperformed baaki ellam success aanu considering the genre. ponthan mada superhit aanu ..75 days tvm.

Bhoothakkannadi was not expected to be an art movie. Lohithadas was not into arthouse movies in its true sense. He was very much in commercial domain, with rich content and artistic value though. So it had a below average run by that sense. And I dont think it was in the same bracket of Vidheyan/Ponthanmada - songs, pace of the movie everything is different. So, kind of a box office failure but critically acclaimed. found it odd that year that Suresh Gopi and Balachandra Menon got the national awards when Mammootty and Lal , both had one of their best ever performances in Bhoothakannadi and Iruvar. Thought the first two were good but certainly not in M&M class
    Last edited by verutheorumanushyan; 12-18-2017 at 11:02 PM.
    I disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it!!

8. Likes kevin liked this post

But the approach Lohitdas did for his debuet movie was not like his commercial value scripts. He did some thing different and ofcourse I can say that its more onto Art movie side.
    And my personal opinion is that its one of the best classic in Malayalam industry - It may be my opinion may be many others have different opinions. And I never saw these type of approaches any of other movies from Lohi after Boothakannadi

Quote Originally Posted by verutheorumanushyan View Post

Bhoothakkannadi was not expected to be an art movie. Lohithadas was not into arthouse movies in its true sense. He was very much in commercial domain, with rich content and artistic value though. So it had a below average run by that sense. And I dont think it was in the same bracket of Vidheyan/Ponthanmada - songs, pace of the movie everything is different. So, kind of a box office failure but critically acclaimed. found it odd that year that Suresh Gopi and Balachandra Menon got the national awards when Mammootty and Lal , both had one of their best ever performances in Bhoothakannadi and Iruvar. Thought the first two were good but certainly not in M&M class

Quote Originally Posted by verutheorumanushyan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by frincekjoseph View Post
    But the approach Lohitdas did for his debuet movie was not like his commercial value scripts. He did some thing different and ofcourse I can say that its more onto Art movie side.
    And my personal opinion is that its one of the best classic in Malayalam industry - It may be my opinion may be many others have different opinions. And I never saw these type of approaches any of other movies from Lohi after Boothakannadi
    I felt Bhoothakkannadi had almost the same treatment as any of the classic art house movies. Coming from Lohithadas, nobody expected that kind of treatment for Bhoothakkannadi. Most of the people including me expected a Valsalyam (at the most a class family drama) when Lohithadas announced his directorial debut. This was the biggest challenge faced by Bhoothakkannadi on it's release. People were disappointed as the movie didn't give what they were expecting. It didn't even have the entertainment elements of a Bharathan/middle of the road movie. A classic case of mistaken genre.

But if you take this commercial perspective out of the equation, Bhoothakkannadi was/is
    absolutely a classic. It was the first and the best by Lohithadas the director. As it was his signature movie, he didn't want any compromises. Mammootty delivered a breathtaking performance as Vidhyadharan. It's a text book of schizophrenia. The young aspiring psychiatrists and clinical psychologists would get more academic informations if they watch Mammootty's vidhydharan than reading a hundred research papers and books written on Schizophrenia. The way Lohithadas and Mammootty depicted visual hallucinations and auditory hallucinations had to be seen to believe. As VOM pointed out , the fact that Bhoothakkannadi didn't win even the state award is the biggest proof of how corrupt and manipulated these awards were. Arguably the greatest performance never to win the award.

A request to all the students of Malayalam cinema here.....please go and see those scenes in the jail where Mammootty looks through the wall....and the subsequent scene in which he breaks down and asks for his eye lens, point fingers at the policeman and keep saying that 'they destroyed Meenu'. An unparallelled performance in Malayalam cinema.
    Last edited by Devarajan Master; 12-19-2017 at 12:45 PM.
    "If the ball is a crying toddler, then Andres Iniesta's first touch is a lullaby..."

Quote Originally Posted by Devarajan Master View Post
    I felt Bhoothakkannadi had almost the same treatment as any of the classic art house movies. Coming from Lohithadas, nobody expected that kind of treatment for Bhoothakkannadi. Most of the people including me expected a Valsalyam (at the most a class family drama) when Lohithadas announced his directorial debut. This was the biggest challenge faced by Bhoothakkannadi on it's release. People were disappointed as the movie didn't give what they were expecting. It didn't even have the entertainment elements of a Bharathan/middle of the road movie. A classic case of mistaken genre.

But if you take this commercial perspective out of the equation, Bhoothakkannadi was/is
    absolutely a classic. It was the first and the best by Lohithadas the director. As it was his signature movie, he didn't want any compromises. Mammootty delivered a breathtaking performance as Vidhyadharan. It's a text book of schizophrenia. The young aspiring psychiatrists and clinical psychologists would get more academic informations if they watch Mammootty's vidhydharan than reading a hundred research papers and books written on Schizophrenia. The way Lohithadas and Mammootty depicted visual hallucinations and auditory hallucinations had to be seen to believe. As VOM pointed out , the fact that Bhoothakkannadi didn't win even the state award is the biggest proof of how corrupt and manipulated these awards were. Arguably the greatest performance never to win the award.

A request to all the students of Malayalam cinema here.....please go and see those scenes in the jail where Mammootty looks through the wall....and the subsequent scene in which he breaks down and asks for his eye lens, point fingers at the policeman and keep saying that 'they destroyed Meenu'. An unparallelled performance in Malayalam cinema.

njaan release day matinee kandirunnu ee padam,
    padam kazhinjiranghumbol audience-inte response-il ninnum
    manassilaayirunnu,avar pratheekshichathu itharam oru film allennu......

12. Likes hakkimp liked this post

Pazhassiyude su?ess pradeekshikkam...