Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Oru Kuprasidha Payyan : Tovino in Madhupal's directorial

Padma (12th night, 2nd show, status :30%)

First half of the film is on investigation mode and second half is a court room drama.
    The film has its major flaws but when you look into the final product it's decent and definitely worth a watch. I thought the first half lacked the finese in direction required for a film that deals with investigation. Added to that certain actors were miscast and spoiled the show.
    The actor who played crime branch officer (against whom fahad fought in Mahesh) was an absolute dud. His acting and dubbing ruined many scenes.
    Thankfully second half was more engaging. The film become interesting after Nimisha's character make her entry. The rhythm is maintained till end and saves the film from mediocrity.
    Agonizingly painful songs that appears occasionally was another major negative.
    Nimisha was fantastic. Her performance was measured, accurate and nuanced. Tovino is unfortunately saddled with a character written on single note and is just about okay. Sudheer karamana and nedumudi were good in their brief roles.
    I really liked the way they showed the manipulation done by police and their modus of operandi while dealing with such cases.
    The film did remind me of certain instances of Jisha murder. Especially the reference of slippers that police didn't do follow up.

Rating would be a generous 3/5
    വിരഹത്തിൻ ചൂടേറ്റു വാടിക്കൊഴിഞ്ഞു നീ
    വിടപറയുന്നോരാ നാളിൽ
    നിറയുന്ന കണ്ണുനീര്തുള്ളിയിൽ സ്വപ്നങ്ങൾ
    ചിറകറ്റു വീഴുമാ നാളിൽ
    മൗനത്തിൽ മുങ്ങുമെൻ ഗദ്ഗദം മന്ത്രിക്കും
    മംഗളം നേരുന്നു തോഴീ

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

OKP won Film Critics Award

ithinte dvd irangiyo?