Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Manjima Mohan in Zam Zam Malayalam remake of Queen

Default Manjima Mohan in Zam Zam Malayalam remake of Queen

Queen?s Malayalam remake titled Zam Zam, Manjima Mohan to step into Kangana Ranaut?s shoes

The Malayalam remake of Kangana Ranaut?s critically-acclaimed National award-winning film Queen has been announced and guess who?s playing Rani? It is none other than Oru Vadakkan Selfie fame Manjima Mohan. Titled Zam Zam. the young actor said she is thrilled to be part of the project. ?Super privileged to be part of this prestigious project ?Zam Zam?. Will do my best to do justice to the role,? Manjima tweeted on Tuesday. Zam Zam will be officially launched on Wednesday through a live chat with Manjima on Facebook. However, the director and other cast members of the project are yet to be announced.
    Incidentally, the Tamil and Telugu versions of Queen were also launched earlier this week. The Tamil version, which has been titled Paris Paris, stars Kajal Aggarwal in the lead and will be directed by actor-filmmaker Ramesh Aravind. ?We are adapting the film in Tamil. I?m not here to fill in anyone?s shoes. I?ll treat this film as an original, in my own way. It?s going to be a very special project,? Kajal had said on being part of the project.

The yet-untitled Telugu version of the film, to be directed by Neelakanta Reddy, will have Tamannaah Bhatia. ?Queen is an interesting film and I have always been motivated by roles that help alleviate women empowerment in some form. I am very excited to be helming the Telugu version and can?t wait to start shooting next month. This is the first time I?m working with Neelakanta Reddy and I?m sure together we will create magic on the 70 mm screen,? Tamannaah said in a statement.
    The Kannada version also to be helmed by Ramesh Aravind, which has been titled Butterfly and stars Parul Yadav, has already gone on the floors.

(With IANS inputs)
    View image on Twitter

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Queen’s Malayalam remake: Manjima Mohan shoots for the film in France

Queen, the critically acclaimed film of Kangana Ranaut , is in the process of being remade in several Indian languages, chiefly in south India. While Kajal Agarwal will star in its Tamil remake, the Telugu remake will feature Tamannaah Bhatia and Kannada version will see Parul Yadav in the lead role. The Malayalam remake will feature Manjima Mohan, who is currently shooting for the film in France, reports The News Minute. The actor posted a picture of herself on social media.
    Manjima has been full of praise for Kangana’s performance and hoped she could live up to the standards set by the Bollywood actor, the report added.
    The film is called Zam Zam in Malayalam. In Tamil, it is titled Paris Paris, its Kannada version is called Butterfly. The Tamil and Kannada remakes are being directed by Ramesh Aravind, its Telugu version will be directed by National Award-winning director G Neelakanta Reddy.

Looks like the shoot of the other versions of the film are also in progress. While Manjima’s recent social posts do not mention the place, those of Kajal Agarwal and Tammanaah did so. However, all three have shared one picture of the four of them together.

Kajal posted a picture and wrote: “kajalaggarwalofficial#parisparis #butterfly #zamzam #queenonceagain all in the same frame @tamannaahspeaks @Manjimamohan @theparulyadav.

All the best............

5. Likes Movie Lover liked this post

Ithinte thread kandilla . Atha thudangiyathu. Pinne valiya hope onnum illa. After all it is Manjima Mohan. Kangana Ranaut is a gem of an actress. We all know how good Manjima is in OVS .

Not only Manjima no other actress be it Tamannah or Kajal Agarwal can match Kangana's talent

Unfortunately this movie will flop in Malayalam regardless of whether or not it does justice to the original in terms of quality. Manju Warrier is the only actress in our industry today who could score a hit in a title role by herself, but she would be a mismatch for this character. Maybe Parvathy also, but she hasn't had a true solo-star film yet.

I am interested to see how a Telugu director will make his first Malayalam movie though!

Manjima is a misfit. I dont know why they chose such an actress for Malayalam version alone whereas the other versions had successful actresses like Kajal and Tamannah. First of all Manjima is not an actress who is in demand among Malayalam audiences.

Personally I feel Amala Paul or Parvathy or Aparna Balamurali or even Anusree or even Nimisha Sajayan would be apt for the role and they are all familiar among Malayali audiences too. They should have taken some actress who is familiar among Malayali audiences like how they took Tamannah for Telugu and Kajal for Tamil.

Manju and Mamta will definitely do justice to the role but they are too old to play a girl whose marriage is fixed.

Perhaps Nayans would have been a very good choice for the Malayalam version. She still can carry off as a 20 something women whose marriage is fixed. That way every version will get a top actress.

Quote Originally Posted by fuji View Post
    Unfortunately this movie will flop in Malayalam regardless of whether or not it does justice to the original in terms of quality. Manju Warrier is the only actress in our industry today who could score a hit in a title role by herself, but she would be a mismatch for this character. Maybe Parvathy also, but she hasn't had a true solo-star film yet.

I am interested to see how a Telugu director will make his first Malayalam movie though!
    Last edited by Movie Lover; 12-16-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
    Manjima is a misfit. I dont know why they chose such an actress for Malayalam version alone whereas the other versions had successful actresses like Kajal and Tamannah. First of all Manjima is not an actress who is in demand among Malayalam audiences.

Personally I feel Amala Paul or Parvathy or Aparna Balamurali or even Anusree or even Nimisha Sajayan would be apt for the role and they are all familiar among Malayali audiences too. They should have taken some actress who is familiar among Malayali audiences like how they took Tamannah for Telugu and Kajal for Tamil.

Manju and Mamta will definitely do justice to the role but they are too old to play a girl whose marriage is fixed.

Perhaps Nayans would have been a very good choice for the Malayalam version. She still can carry off as a 20 something women whose marriage is fixed. That way every version will get a top actress.
    Amala Paul was actually the original choice for the Malayalam version but she backed out because it was getting delayed.

10. Likes Movie Lover liked this post

Then they could have taken someone who is less busier but more familiar to Malayalam audience. There Aparna Balamurali or Nimisha or Rejisha will fit the bill.

Manjima has acted only in one Malayalam film that too three years ago. Also her performance in her debut including dubbing garnered negative reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by fuji View Post
    Amala Paul was actually the original choice for the Malayalam version but she backed out because it was getting delayed.

FK Visitor

I think among the current crop of actresses we have, only Parvathy can pull this off convincingly or may be someone like Nazriya could've also. But I can't see Manjima as 'Queen' based on what I've seen of her, hope she surprises

Manjima ayondu kure mattanagal varuthi kaanum...