Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MASTERPIECE Review - എന്തുവാടേ ഇത്!

Default MASTERPIECE Review - എന്തുവാടേ ഇത്!

Saw MASTERPIECE today from Cinepolis Cinemas, Mangalore. Occupancy was hardly 25%. Almost all seats were empty, but then it was a weekday afterall.

Coming to the film...UTTER DISAPPOINTMENT!
    Nicely put in the "Mass drama" category, this film fails in entertaining the general public/masses, and ends up just satisying Mammootty fans at max. Udaya Krishna's script is always influenced by Tamil/Telugu mass movies, but he needs to draw the line at certain extent. The story is feeble in this one, and twists have been forced to the movie towards the end for the sake of it, without much logic.

Editing and BGM was very good and is the main highlight of the film.😍 The songs were below par and simply put, too many. Mammootty's screen presence was good, so was his dialogue delivery but fails in certain action sequences(esp climax) which was made worse with some pathetic VFX. Gokul Suresh has a long way to go before proving a point in the industry, like his father. Poonam Bajwa was pretty useless but glamourous and soothing for the eyes 😉
    Unni Mukundan's role was good and he did justice to the role completely. 👍 Santosh Pandit didn't prove to be a revelation. The youngsters were energetic at max! Kalabhavan Shajon did a commendable role as police officer yet again. Fights could have been enjoying to fans of the superstar but to family audience, it would seem plain annoying when 1 person kicks out 30-40 goons without a tad of dirt on his shirt, making these villians bounce off the ground and all that. 🙈
    With a length of roughly 2&half hours, this one certainly won't be the cup of tea for many and certainly not family audience who may want a fun entertainer for the festive season.

My Rating: 2.5/5 (At Best)
    My Verdict: Go For It, Only If You Don't Get Tickets For AADU2 & Pretty Much Don't Have Anything Else To Do!
    Last edited by Cinemasnehi123; 12-26-2017 at 11:26 PM.

2. Likes ClubAns, thecinemalover, firecrown liked this post
  3. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

എന്തുവാടേ ഇത്!

5. Likes kannan, SachinMammookka liked this post

thanks....

Banned

Mangalore podhuve Malayalam filmsinu athra occupancy undaavarilla....Even I watched Bahubali Telugu from there on the release day with an occupancy of 50 percent !!!!Appo pinne MP kku 25 percent kittiyittundel it's good !!!

Moreover Thank you for your review !!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Don David View Post
    Mangalore podhuve Malayalam filmsinu athra occupancy undaavarilla....Even I watched Bahubali Telugu from there on the release day with an occupancy of 50 percent !!!!Appo pinne MP kku 25 percent kittiyittundel it's good !!!

Moreover Thank you for your review !!

Response in Mangalore was good over the weekend. Also, the fact that AADU2 hasn't released here makes MASTERPIECE the choice over other Malayalam films, not just here but other centres also outside of Kerala.

Yesterday, I went for VIMAANAM here(Cinepolis Mangalore) with hardly 20-25 people in an Audi having capacity of minimum 250.

Let's see how these movies fare once AADU2 releases outside Kerala, with the amazing WOM that it having everywhere!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cinemasnehi123 View Post
    Response in Mangalore was good over the weekend. Also, the fact that AADU2 hasn't released here makes MASTERPIECE the choice over other Malayalam films, not just here but other centres also outside of Kerala.

Yesterday, I went for VIMAANAM here(Cinepolis Mangalore) with hardly 20-25 people in an Audi having capacity of minimum 250.

Let's see how these movies fare once AADU2 releases outside Kerala, with the amazing WOM that it having everywhere!
    Yes ,Mangalore okke heavy response varunna padathinu mathrame malayalis keroo !!! I know well there !!! Aadu may have good occupancy there despite of huge wom !!! but I watched masterpiece with my family from PVR with a good status of 40-50 percent !!!

Review kurache edit cheyyu..its revealing too muchh@cinemasnehi123

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sidharthan View Post
    Review kurache edit cheyyu..its revealing too muchh@cinemasnehi123

Did as u said :) Hope it's fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by Don David View Post
    Yes ,Mangalore okke heavy response varunna padathinu mathrame malayalis keroo !!! I know well there !!! Aadu may have good occupancy there despite of huge wom !!! but I watched masterpiece with my family from PVR with a good status of 40-50 percent !!!

2 weeks Mangalore Malayalam Padam odanamenkil athu minimum oru Hit aayrikkum.
    Also, AADU2 I saw at Movie Max, Kasargod.. Staggering response from the public. I'm guessing a month's run for it in Mangalore, which has probably not happened to any Malayalam film here since ENNU NINTE MOIDEEN.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinemasnehi123 View Post
    Did as u said :) Hope it's fine now.
    Ya..thanx